Underbite & crossbite correct w/Damon, IPR, Acceledent etc

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NeilH

Re: Underbite & crossbite correct w/Damon, IPR, Acceledent etc

#136 Post by NeilH »

Wow, congratulations. Well done, lovely result

newbite

#137 Post by newbite »

Thanks guys!! I'm so happy with them. Worth the money and the pain!!

Oh and I wanted to mention for people who have clear brackets that, at least in my case, removing the plastic brackets was NOT a horror show. The clear brackets only broke a little bit and were only a little harder to remove than the metal that I had in the back. One tooth in particular did hurt and none of it was comfortable but it was all bearable. Maybe just having this crown nonsense put it into perspective for me :)

At one point I thought I would "miss" my braces when they were off. NO WAY! I didn't realize how annoying they were until now they're gone. Ugh and the staining and tartar buildup on the brackets I didn't even know about and had no way to clean. The bottoms don't bother me nearly as much, hopefully it will feel as good when they're off.

My teeth feel so FLAT!

God, I can't believe I have straight teeth now!!

:mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

metalliKa

#138 Post by metalliKa »

Congrats to your new bite newbite! :jokerlaugh: Just in time for Thanksgiving!
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

TheProfessor

#139 Post by TheProfessor »

Wow, your teeth look amazing! I'm glad it was all worth it for you! :jump: :dance: :rawk:
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

metalliKa

#140 Post by metalliKa »

I was posting earlier from my phone and I didn't see the photo of your top naked teeth! They look awesome! When are you due for bonding?

newbite

#141 Post by newbite »

Thanks guys!

Metallika, I'm going to whiten before bonding even though I think my teeth are already pretty white (amazingly! Any yellowing on there were just stains from the braces and came right off). I don't want extremely white teeth because I wouldn't want the maintenance hassle but a little whiter would probably be better. I'm going to use my Essix as a whitening tray once I get it on Wed. I hope I can get the bonding done before Christmas!

The gaps between my bottom teeth are closing and now all teeth have at least some contact, so as long as my crown fits with no spaces I should be getting the bottom braces off Wed!
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

buffon85

#142 Post by buffon85 »

amazing results! congrats! your teeth look really white! :HugeGrin:

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

Bracesat57

#143 Post by Bracesat57 »

Congratulations! Your teeth look amazing!

Did they feel loose or funny when they first came off? What kind of retainer do you have and what is the plan and times you need to wear it?

Fantastic results!

Braces installed October 2, 2014
Braces removed May 17, 2016

newbite

#144 Post by newbite »

Bracesat57 wrote:Congratulations! Your teeth look amazing!

Did they feel loose or funny when they first came off? What kind of retainer do you have and what is the plan and times you need to wear it?

Fantastic results!
My top teeth never felt weird at all and were only uncomfortable right when she was taking the brackets and glue off. I suspect my bottom front teeth are going to be another story since they feel terrible (like they want to fall out) when she just puts the wire in/takes it out or puts a powerchain on. They feel very mobile and exposed. My bone level is low there, though, so they actually *are* more mobile and exposed (yikes). They're like little toothpicks! Ahh!

For retainers, they're giving me permanent on top and bottom. I'm amazed I have enough room for a top permanent retainer because I started with an underbite (!) but I barely notice it. They're also giving me Essix for top and bottom and I don't yet know how much I have to wear them.

Oh my gosh, flossing and brushing is SO MUCH EASIER now, it's going to be crazy when the bottom are off, too! I didn't realize exactly how hard brushing is when braces are on but now it's glaringly obvious. I feel like I'm scrubbing away on the bottom (under brackets, side of brackets, top of brackets, chewing surface, back of teeth) when I can just gently and easily brush the top with a few strokes! It's really remarkable.

metalliKa

#145 Post by metalliKa »

I will pray that your teeth go from :tingrin: to :HugeGrin: before Christmas!

Yes, my top centrals were rotated giving a butterfly wing effect (term used by my ortho hahah). I guess the term butterfly wing is more delicate than crooked. LOL And they were the last to turn...being so delicate...and stubborn at the same.

I'm really happy for you that you are so near the end. Your teeth will be just beautiful.

KayKay

#146 Post by KayKay »

Wow! I just read through your story and I'm so impressed and amazed at your fast progress. A bit over 1 year? WOW! Super excited for you!

Do you think its the acceledent making the progress so quick?
Looking forward to the new smile,
KayKay

newbite

#147 Post by newbite »

KayKay wrote:Wow! I just read through your story and I'm so impressed and amazed at your fast progress. A bit over 1 year? WOW! Super excited for you!

Do you think its the acceledent making the progress so quick?
I think I would have gotten my braces off even sooner if it weren't for my gum graft! I probably would have gotten them off in September.

I think it's a combination of the Acceledent, my extreme compliance with my rubber bands (I overcorrected a bit, even), I didn't have any delays from brackets breaking/etc, and my teeth just move fast. They pushed my teeth fairly quickly, giving me a new wire every month but not skipping any wires.

My bone level and roots appear to be the same so it's all good??

newbite

#148 Post by newbite »

Only a few hours until I get my gold crown, and then get my bottom braces off! The powerchain has closed the spaces between my bottom teeth (that opened up when they had to cut my wire and take off the tiebacks), they all floss normally now. The only unknown is whether the crown will fit tightly enough. I hope so, I want these things off already.

My jaw has been hurting everyday since they messed with the temporary crown last week. It's definitely my joint, not the tooth. I suspect it's from the novicaine injection. OH JOY, I get to have another injection in a few hours! My jaw will love that! Well, at least I won't feel anything in it for a few hours. I'm bringing my Tylenol 3 with me for when the novicaine wears off.

And, I'm definitely getting nitrous! :soremouth:

newbite

#149 Post by newbite »

:soremouth:

Ow
:-((

The pain! :yikes:

BUT all of my braces are off and my new crown fits great! Too bad my jaw is freaking killing me (even with 2 Tylenol 3), but I have put it through a lot lately.

As soon as she took the bottom braces off it felt like such a relief-- nothing poking, rubbing, stabbing. Finally!

My jaw pain made the glue removal way worse than it would have been otherwise, but was still bearable.

I now have a permanent retainer on the bottom, too, and it feels bulkier than the top but I'm already getting used to it.

She gave me my top Essix and it fits perfectly. I get my bottom Essix tomorrow. I have to wear them 16hr/day. It's going to be hard to wear them both at the same time because the thickness will bother my jaw but I'll see how it goes.

I think I'm going to take more Tylenol 3. I took 2 just about 4hr ago so I guess it's ok to take more.

:-((

I should be happy, and I am, but my jaw HURTS!!

KayKay

#150 Post by KayKay »

Congrats! I'm hoping your pain goes away soon!

What is an Essix?
Looking forward to the new smile,
KayKay