My Story, Braces at 28

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sally1988

Re: My Story, Braces at 28

#31 Post by sally1988 »

Thank you me too, it's not too bad although the bracket that came off on sunday morning caused me a few problems with rubbing wires and the bracket getting in the way of me chewing!
No i just have my blog I'm not organised enough to keep two! I love this site because I can ask the questions I don't talk to my orthodontist about (she's not particularly chatty and neither am i! plus she works out of a dental surgery so the receptionist have no knowledge of the treatment).
I try to work out her plan of action through other peoples treatment and I'm excited to see what happens with each adjustment she makes...

nicolie825

#32 Post by nicolie825 »

SpottedPickle wrote:Holy cow! I love the movement. You are going to be shocked I bet in the end! :)
Im already shocked as I didnt expect that tooth to move so soon. I thought it might be a little stubborn since it was so far back. Its moved even a little more since last week and its crazy to see all 4 of my bottom incisors semi-aligned lol. Now im waiting for my lower 1st premolar on my right to straighten out (its kind of turned on its side) and I think thatll give my teeth some room to shift to right so they can better align and so my midlines match up

nicolie825

#33 Post by nicolie825 »

So yesterday I was using my water flosser and something felt weird. Of course when I look in the mirror, the bracket on a top lateral incisor had become unglued. Im not sure how as I dont use my incisors to bite into anything. But that bracket was glued right on top of a composite filling so im guessing that was the culprit. Just hoping its not a recurring issue. Called my ortho office and they just told me to wait until my adjustment appointment in 3 weeks to have it re-bonded. I have damon brackets so it kind of slides around but its not really bothersome

Nothing really exciting besides that. Have had a little more progress with my rogue tooth since I last posted pictures. Will post some more comparison pics when I get a chance. Kind of over cleaning my teeth after every time I eat. Honestly, I just use my water flosser and mouthwash during the day, then do my thorough cleaning with flossing, interproximal brushes, brushing, and mouthwash at night. I have a cleaning on august 1 so we'll see what my dentist says

pjade1

#34 Post by pjade1 »

I came to read your journal since I noticed you said your bracket came off the composite filling. I think I will express my concern about my composite filling when they put the ceramic bracket on mine. I hope it's not a reoccuring problem for you. It seems like 3 weeks is a long time to wait for it to be re-glued though.
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

nicolie825

#35 Post by nicolie825 »

pjade1 wrote:I came to read your journal since I noticed you said your bracket came off the composite filling. I think I will express my concern about my composite filling when they put the ceramic bracket on mine. I hope it's not a reoccuring problem for you. It seems like 3 weeks is a long time to wait for it to be re-glued though.
I thought 3 weeks was long too, but they said if its not causing me any pain then it could wait. My top teeth are pretty well aligned so im not worried about it slowing down my progress or extending my sentence. Now if it was a bottom bracket I wouldve insisted to be seen sooner as my bottoms are where the majority of the work needs to be done

pjade1

#36 Post by pjade1 »

That's good that it's not delaying progress. I hope it stays bonded the next time they glue it back on.
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

nicolie825

#37 Post by nicolie825 »

pjade1 wrote:That's good that it's not delaying progress. I hope it stays bonded the next time they glue it back on.
Thanks! I hope so too. And hopefully you wont have any issues with yours

nicolie825

#38 Post by nicolie825 »

So yesterday I went in to get the bracket that came off rebonded. The first couple days it wasn't bothering me with just sliding along the wire. But a few days later it started flipping when I would brush or use my water flosser. I was scared of it coming off the wire and then losing it down the sink so I called my ortho office to be seen sooner. So it was rebonded yesterday. Since it was 10 days before my scheduled adjustment, the ortho had a look at my teeth and decided I should wait another 5 weeks until a wire change. So now no adjustment appointment next week.

I also had a cleaning at my dentist yesterday. I was a little scared about this because my lower incisors have been super sensitive to pressure, but theyve been a lot better the past couple of weeks (I can actually use them to bite, although I dont think I'm supposed to lol). So the cleaning wasnt a bad as I thought itd be. I was a little more sensitive than usual, but for the most part it went well.

Since its been 2 months that I've been in braces, figured itd be a good time for progress pictures, so here's my progress! Really happy so far!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SoIWasLike72

#39 Post by SoIWasLike72 »

Nice progress! Your bottom teeth are really moving into place. Gives me hope that mine will do that soon.

nicolie825

#40 Post by nicolie825 »

SoIWasLike72 wrote:Nice progress! Your bottom teeth are really moving into place. Gives me hope that mine will do that soon.
Thanks! Im sure youll start seeing movement soon. It really helps to take pictures. I didnt even notice my 30 day progress until I actually did a comparison pic! Lol

bbqmax

#41 Post by bbqmax »

Im getting mine on 13.08.14 :(

nicolie825

#42 Post by nicolie825 »

So I had my first adjustment today. I got stronger wires on both top and bottom. I also had some filing done on my bottom teeth, which I wasnt expecting, but it wasn't bad at all. Can't even tell anything was filed. Feeling a slight ache with the new wires, but no real pain and definitely nothing that calls for a pain reliever. We'll see how it goes though since its only been a few hours. I have my next adjustment in about 8 weeks. Since it's been a little over 3 months, decided I would post some progress pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BeautifulDisaster

#43 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

Your teeth are aligning quickly! Must be exciting to see such fast progress.

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574

TheProfessor

#44 Post by TheProfessor »

Looking good, Nicolie! Our teeth are so similar and we have the same braces! Isn't it great to see those lower teeth lining up so nicely? :thumbsup:
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

mapleleafman888

#45 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Those lowers sure have changed! Nice!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!