Braces after 60

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

buffon85

Re: Braces after 60

#16 Post by buffon85 »

AnnB550 wrote:It's not such an old thread ...I say go for it. Don't wait until you are 60 like me. Now I wish I had done it much sooner. I could have had a nice smile for all those years that I can't get back. :D
I totally agree with that. time flies. take a look at the braces stories to see how fast changes are happening. and think that all the time you are thinking about getting braces, you would have nice straight braced teeth.
I almost took the decision one and a half year ago but I didn't do anything because I am afraid to do it, I am afraid I am too old, now I would be in the end of the journey and I would have straight teeth.

It is never late to gain confidence :heart:

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

kppixie

#17 Post by kppixie »

Hi everyone. I am in my 40s and 8 months into my six month smiles experience. Librarylady - my teeth look worse to some degree now, gaps, wonky (in different places) but I guess its part of the process. My dentist told me that teeth move in a zig zag position, not smoothly as an arch (if this makes sense!) so we will see gaps etc. All I wish for is the end of my braces journey and straight teeth. It has to be worth it! And to be honest when I look at my original photos, they have progressed loads. Currently on my third wire, one to go! Good luck everyone, keep smiling :D

Dee17

#18 Post by Dee17 »

I went through a similar experience -- teeth looking SO much worse before they started to look better. All I know is that, for me, the journey was SO worth it. I can not imagine going through life with teeth that looked like mine did before I got my brackets. Hang in there. It will all be worth it at the end. Guarantee it!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/