Engaged and in braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracedforthewedding

Engaged and in braces

#1 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

Hello everyone!

I'm Ashley. I'm 24 and about to embark on my 18 month braces journey tomorrow at 9am. :|

I recently got engaged after 5 years (yay!), which actually jump started the process.

I will be getting married in 16 months and have worked out with my ortho to remove my braces and replace them after the wedding. He said to consider that his wedding present. LOL

So at 9am, I will get a TAD placed on my upper right side of my mouth to close the space from a missing tooth and top brackets. Any advice for me to not freak out about the TAD would be greatly appreciated!!

Heres to a beautiful smile!! :BigTeethGrin:

jenna88

Re: Engaged and in braces

#2 Post by jenna88 »

Bracedforthewedding wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm Ashley. I'm 24 and about to embark on my 18 month braces journey tomorrow at 9am. :|

I recently got engaged after 5 years (yay!), which actually jump started the process.

I will be getting married in 16 months and have worked out with my ortho to remove my braces and replace them after the wedding. He said to consider that his wedding present. LOL

So at 9am, I will get a TAD placed on my upper right side of my mouth to close the space from a missing tooth and top brackets. Any advice for me to not freak out about the TAD would be greatly appreciated!!

Heres to a beautiful smile!! :BigTeethGrin:
Hi there, hope all goes well tomorrow! Look forward to hearing your progress :)

Bracedforthewedding

#3 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

[quote="jenna88"][quote="Bracedforthewedding"]

Hi there, hope all goes well tomorrow! Look forward to hearing your progress :)[/quote]

Thank you Jenna88! I will post progress!

Matilda

#4 Post by Matilda »

Best of luck on your journey!

Bracedforthewedding

#5 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

Well, yesterday was not near as bad as I thought it would be! They installed the top brackets only. I go back in 8 weeks for a tightening and bottom brackets.

No TAD this appointment (thank goodness). He said we will evaluate that when I go back.

Woke up this morning with lots of pain in mainly two of my teeth on the front right side. Not able to chew or close my mouth what so ever.... Praying it gets a little better soon :(

I have a little discomfort from the brackets on the inside of my cheeks but nothing to severe yet!

I will post pictures soon!

darshany2d

#6 Post by darshany2d »

im kinda in the same situation... braced for wedding :) (thankfully i have a year and a half between now and then though i dont expect my treatment to be completed by then... though my ortho did say he will remove and put it back on as part of my wedding gift from him to me

Bracedforthewedding

#7 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

Yes darshany2d! I have 16 month but my treatment plan is 18 months. I'm hoping that my teeth will cooperate and just be done in 16 months.

What type of braces do you have? I debated on the clear brackets but since I am an avid herbal tea drinker, I didn't want to risk staining! :)

Bracedforthewedding

#8 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

Here is the best pic I have of my braces,

2.25.14 Top brackets and arch wire placed
7.1.14 6 Spacers on bottom teeth
7.10.14 Bottom brackets
12.23.14 First power chain on left upper
2.18.15 Propel Treatment on upper right jaw
3.12.15 Wisdom teeth extraction/ TAD placed in pallet

Matilda

#9 Post by Matilda »

Bracedforthewedding wrote:Image
Those black ligatures look really cool. :-*

28andbraced

#10 Post by 28andbraced »

I agree with Matilda: cool hardware! :mrgreen: I also feel compelled to ask what product(s) you use on your face, because your skin is beautiful!!

Re: the TAD, I'm not sure if it's going in your palate or on the side of your teeth that face your lips, but I'll tell you a little about mine, which went into my palate. The only bad part of it was the shots. Palate shots SUCK and even with the numbing gel beforehand, I felt each one of them. My ortho promised that all I would feel when he started to insert the TAD was "pressure," and he was right. (The initial "pop" sound/sensation of it going into my face totally freaked me out, but once I realized I didn't feel any pain, I was okay.) The feeling of him turning it was weird, but it didn't hurt at all. I started laughing at one point, because he was worn out and had to take a break before the last few turns!! Adult bone is tough, apparently. :D

I did have some soreness once the shots wore off, but nothing that some OTC pain killers couldn't handle. Because of where mine is placed, eating was a little weird for a couple of days; we tend to smash food against our palates when we eat, and trying to avoid doing that took some practice! I would guess that a TAD placed on the outside of your teeth will probably be easier, except that maybe it will irritate your lip once it's in there.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Bracedforthewedding

#11 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

Matilda wrote: Those black ligatures look really cool. :-*
Thank you Matilda!! I honestly feel like they make my teeth look super white (and they are absolutly not that white lol)!! :)

7.10.14 Bottom brackets

Bracedforthewedding

#12 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

28andbraced wrote:I agree with Matilda: cool hardware! :mrgreen: I also feel compelled to ask what product(s) you use on your face, because your skin is beautiful!!

Re: the TAD, I'm not sure if it's going in your palate or on the side of your teeth that face your lips, but I'll tell you a little about mine, which went into my palate. The only bad part of it was the shots. Palate shots SUCK and even with the numbing gel beforehand, I felt each one of them. My ortho promised that all I would feel when he started to insert the TAD was "pressure," and he was right. (The initial "pop" sound/sensation of it going into my face totally freaked me out, but once I realized I didn't feel any pain, I was okay.) The feeling of him turning it was weird, but it didn't hurt at all. I started laughing at one point, because he was worn out and had to take a break before the last few turns!! Adult bone is tough, apparently. :D

I did have some soreness once the shots wore off, but nothing that some OTC pain killers couldn't handle. Because of where mine is placed, eating was a little weird for a couple of days; we tend to smash food against our palates when we eat, and trying to avoid doing that took some practice! I would guess that a TAD placed on the outside of your teeth will probably be easier, except that maybe it will irritate your lip once it's in there.

Good luck, and keep us updated!
Thank you so much! As far as my skin, with both my parents getting skin cancer (I am very fair complected as you can see), I have always taken care of it really well. I use Juice Beauty's blemish clearing line (cleanser, toner, serum, and moisturizer) and once a week I use a Lush face mask. I really like their "Oatifix" and "The Sacred Truth" mask because I usually have super dry skin in the winter. When its all said and done, I use make-up from TheBalm. The secret to my glowing cheeks is thanks to their Mary-Lou Manizer, its awesome for highlighting you cheek bones!! Pretty soon I will be using SuperGoop mosturizer SPF15 for my face instead of my usual moisturizer since summer is around the corner. That is my skin care in a nutshell :)

Thanks for your take on the TAD. It will be going on the top right side of my mouth to swing my teeth forward to fill where a missing tooth was. When I got the top brackets on I thought that I would have to TAD installed then too but my ortho said that will come later down the road. He also said since I have had 3 root canals (ouch), the TAD will be a breeze for me. ... I will update as soon as I get it!

These braces aren't as bad as I thoght they would be so I am hoping that stays that way throught my entire treatment!!!

7.10.14 Bottom brackets

Bracedforthewedding

#13 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

Been a while! Here is an update pic. I am learning to "embrace the brace" as I like to say :tingrin:

7.10.14 Bottom brackets

Bracedforthewedding

#14 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

Update:

Yesterday was my first "adjustment" appointment. They took out my old wire and my colored lig's and put in a new wire and I opted for no lig's this time.. Most of my brackets have the trap doors with an exception to the two bracets on my back molars on both the left and right sides.... Let me just tell you, when they had to thread the wire through those brackets it was really really uncomfortable... Today I am feeling a lot of pain and sensitivity in those back molars. Am I going tohave to go through this sensitivity and not being able to chew after EVERY adjustment??? :|

My next appointment, which is in June, I will get my bottom brackets...

Feeling SO over these braces this week......

7.10.14 Bottom brackets

Bracedforthewedding

#15 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

Well, I got spacers today. I got them on at 8am, by noon, I'm ready to rip them the F out. Any advice would be helpful to get me through this until the 10th. :ThumbsDown:

7.10.14 Bottom brackets