Fidget's story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Anna5

Re: Fidget's story

#16 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, that is very quick progress!

Fidget77

#17 Post by Fidget77 »

Adjustment day. The process went very quick. Ortho had a look and compared my mouth to the original photos they took. He decided to leave the top wire alone and only replace the bottom. I got a new wire and a stronger spring to open up the space to pull my tooth forward. He also removed the ugly yellow bumpers ... Yay! Now my back molars touch but it feels really weird, they haven't touched in 2 months and there has been movement so they don't quite line up the same way they used too.

Next adjustment April 28th.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anna5

#18 Post by Anna5 »

Thanks for your update, Fidget. You are making good progress!

Fionisimma

#19 Post by Fionisimma »

Anna5 wrote:Thanks for your update, Fidget. You are making good progress!
Yes... thanks for posting the pics - your teeth are moving along nicely :D

Fidget77

#20 Post by Fidget77 »

By calendar dates, April 7th is technically the 3 month mark. However, here are my 12 week progress pics. 12 weeks=3 months to me :)

Slow progress.. I can see changes, but other people have posted pics where their teeth are almost perfectly straight after a few months.... I guess mine are more stubborn. My next adjustment is on the 23rd .. I'm thinking about asking for coloured ligs on the bottom.. My braces are SL and don't need them.. But it will make them fun.

My stepdaughter (13) is going in on Thursday for her palate expander. I've read some posts about this and it doesn't sound very good at all. She is supposed to have it for 2-3 months.. Yay? Not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fionisimma

#21 Post by Fionisimma »

You are continuing your really good, steady progress and looking great! :jump:

I understand the frustration of how sloooooooow it feels even though others see and tell you how much movement there has been.... Your Orthodontist must think so too if your next adjustment is on the 23rd :) I'm @ 12weeks with very "stubborn" teeth in SL too - next adjustment is a far away May 7th.... I'm feeling like the "tortoise watching the hare race by".... Slowly but surely.....

Hope all goes well for your stepdaughter on Thursday :flowerbloom:

Fidget77

#22 Post by Fidget77 »

Today was my second adjustment. New wires on top and bottom. The bottom has a little v in it. I didn't notice this until I had left the office, anyone know why they put it there? I got to brush without the wire there...yay! The spring is working, but not quite enough space yet to allow the other tooth to come forward.. Hopefully in 8 weeks there will be enough space.

Matilda

#23 Post by Matilda »

Fidget77 wrote:The bottom has a little v in it. I didn't notice this until I had left the office, anyone know why they put it there?
I think the little v is there to level your bottom two front teeth.

Anna5

#24 Post by Anna5 »

Great progress!
Your smile seems to be a bit wider now, which is very nice.

How are you doing further? Are you still doing lip exercises to keep your lips closed? I do so!

Good luck with your treatment!

Fidget77

#25 Post by Fidget77 »

Had my third adjustment today... That makes it 6 months..woohoo! I got a new upper wire and an appointment in 4 weeks time to add the bracket to my lower bottom tooth since there is finally enough space to pull it forward. Me thinks this might hurt a bit...but I'm really looking forward to it happening :)

SpottedPickle

#26 Post by SpottedPickle »

Things look like they are moving along well! I love the progress :)

Anna5

#27 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, I think you make great and quick progress! Your teeth are turning out really beautiful!

AccioBraces

#28 Post by AccioBraces »

I've been looking for stories with springs and your teeth have made great progress! it gives me some hope cos I have two springs on my upper set of teeth.
Please do update with your progress! can't wait to see

Dougsey

#29 Post by Dougsey »

Wow Fidget, that tooth that was hiding in the back has really come forward!

Did you ever find out what the v in your arch wire is for?
Click HERE for my journal

Fidget77

#30 Post by Fidget77 »

15 months down! I'm so happy with the results. My original timeline was 15 to 18 months, but at the last appointment the repositioned 2 brackets on the bottom and attached the lightest wire. I think I've got a bit more time to go...