Root canal and braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lalaloo

Root canal and braces

#1 Post by Lalaloo »

Hi, everyone

Does anyone on braces have also a root canal? I mean on front teeth, not molars.
One of my central front incisors has a root canal (since 1993) and this April my dr placed a fiberglass post in the root canal to prevent its fracture. I have lingual braces since 1st of november, my ortho is aware of my incisor problem but said it is ok and never mentioned that i might lose this tooth during the process... But i read here that there might be a possibility to lose a root canal tooth while under orthodontic treatment. Do you have any experience with that? Thank you!