My journey (expander, then braces)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Matilda

Re: My journey (expander, then braces)

#46 Post by Matilda »

Featheryy1221 wrote:
Matilda wrote:
Featheryy1221 wrote:My teeth were still super white from that blue glue stuff that opens up your teeth pores.
What blue glue stuff? :oops:
... I'm not sure now. :lol: It might have just been from the polish they used, not glue/cement stuff. :oops: I just know she said something about how the pores on my teeth were really open, which makes teeth look super white. So because of that they tell you to avoid eating dark dyed foods for 24 hours.
I like how white your teeth are so I thought I'd ask. :wink:

Featheryy1221

#47 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Matilda wrote:
I like how white your teeth are so I thought I'd ask. :wink:
Thanks! :) Part of it is my camera making them appear bright, but I think it's mostly due to the fact that I've used toothpastes with whitening in them for 10 years. Haha. I haven't used them since October though, so I'm sure they'll get yellow as my treatment time goes on. Especially if I keep drinking too much tea. :)

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

Featheryy1221

#48 Post by Featheryy1221 »

I've had braces on for over one month, and no complaints so far.
I don't even notice I have braces unless I'm eating or I'm thinking about them. :)
Picture time. :dance:

1st picture was from when I just got braces. Unfortunately I have my lower jaw leaning way towards the left, so you won't be able to see any progress on the lower teeth. Really there hasn't been too much.

2nd photo is from 2 days ago. You can see how the wire's straighten out on the top teeth. And I have the tinniest gap in between my front teeth.

I think I'm going always try to do these updates at the end of every month instead of updating right after an adjustment. Seems like it'd be easier. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

parsleysage

#49 Post by parsleysage »

Ho. Ly. Cow! :shock: :jump: Your progress in only 1 month is amazing! I think some part of it might be that you are smiling wider in the 2nd pic, but even so, the improvement is dramatic. Look at that wire! Wow. Congratulations!!!!

Featheryy1221

#50 Post by Featheryy1221 »

parsleysage wrote:Ho. Ly. Cow! :shock: :jump: Your progress in only 1 month is amazing! I think some part of it might be that you are smiling wider in the 2nd pic, but even so, the improvement is dramatic. Look at that wire! Wow. Congratulations!!!!
Haha thanks. :D I think that probably contributed too. But looking closely you can tell. :)
It really surprised me on how much they've moved in such a short amount of time. At my adjustment appointment today, my ortho was even really shocked. The first thing he said was, "wow. Those have reallyyy straighten out. Look at that."

Which speaking of my adjustment, ended up getting new wires. My lower teeth are all wired together now (before the wire was clipped on my right first premolar). So far there's not too much pressure. I stayed with all sliver ligs for the time being. Once my lower tooth shifts into alignment to where they can put a lig on it, I'm going for lower colored ligs (at least one time :mrgreen: ).

And my appointment was only 20 minutes. So I ended up getting to my class on time for anyone worried about my education. :lol: Honestly sometimes I worry wayy to much about things.

Nozzelnut

#51 Post by Nozzelnut »

Wow! Looks great for one month!
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!

Featheryy1221

#52 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Nozzelnut wrote:Wow! Looks great for one month!
Thanks! :) I'm hoping this next month has even more progress.

Bikerchick85

#53 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Wow!! That is some fast movement!! That's crazy! I bet you are so thrilled!! :D

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

Featheryy1221

#54 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Bikerchick85 wrote:Wow!! That is some fast movement!! That's crazy! I bet you are so thrilled!! :D
Definitely! I'm pretty surprised by it. :) I wasn't expecting to see results this quickly!

Hash

#55 Post by Hash »

Yea your teeth look great and really fast as well, you will prob be way ahead of finish time. Continued good luck :D . Every story I read on here I want to follow ! So I am hoping to start getting confused soon :lol:

Featheryy1221

#56 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Hash wrote:Yea your teeth look great and really fast as well, you will prob be way ahead of finish time. Continued good luck :D . Every story I read on here I want to follow ! So I am hoping to start getting confused soon :lol:
Thank you! :) Yeah hopefully things continue to go well. Getting them off sooner would be super awesome. We'll see though. :) I'm hoping my estimation time is close to being right, he was right on how long I'd need an expander. But I'm trying to not get hopes up too much in case his estimations off.

Totally know what you mean with keeping up with everyone's stories. There are so many great ones on here; it's super interesting seeing what other people's experiences are. :)

SunshineRay

#57 Post by SunshineRay »

Awesome progress! Mine moved fast too which was so encouraging to me.

Featheryy1221

#58 Post by Featheryy1221 »

SunshineRay wrote:Awesome progress! Mine moved fast too which was so encouraging to me.
Thanks! :) It is really encouraging. It's crazy how fast teeth can move! The only problem is now I'm finding myself looking in mirrors a lot to see if they've moved more. :lol: :oops:

Anna5

#59 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, that is AMAZING progress in almost no time!!!

Nozzelnut

#60 Post by Nozzelnut »

I'm curious; any idea why you've had quick positive results?

Do you think it's had anything to do with the expander you had in before, helping loosen teeth letting them move better/quicker?
Round 3 (lifetime) Damon stainless applied 3/16/20 (after 4 weeks attempting invisalign) On for about 18 months
Night time elastics with invisalign retainers; still...
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15...
Orthodontics never really ends...
I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics!