New to the board

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TrustGodAuburn

New to the board

#1 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Hi, I just joined the board today. I started my braces journey on August 28th, so I am 17 days in.

I have always wanted to straighten my teeth, but could not afford it. I hope I can have the braces off by the time I am 40!

:D

cdnbracegirl

Re: New to the board

#2 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Welcome to the board! I'm getting braced next week. Can't wait to see your progress. :)

TrustGodAuburn

#3 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Thanks! I will have to get some pictures up soon! I can't wait to see things start moving.

JeniK

#4 Post by JeniK »

Welcome! This is a great source for information and support!! I've been braced just over a month!!

Duckyfuzz

#5 Post by Duckyfuzz »

That's brilliant! I hope things are going well for you!

mapleleafman888

#6 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Awesome of you to join the board! Hope your treatment goes well, and everybody else who is getting started too!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

kids041

#7 Post by kids041 »

Welcome!

TrustGodAuburn

#8 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :BigGrin:

TrustGodAuburn

#9 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

I am posting my Day 1 picture. Sorry it's so blurry, I will try do better with my next picture! :)

I am supposed to get my bottom brackets in about 10-15 weeks - depends on how quickly my top moves enough so that I don't hit the bottom brackets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TrustGodAuburn

#10 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Just took a Day 17 photo so it would be clearer. (Sorry to keep posting, just want to keep track the best way I can. :crazy: )

I plan to have some bleaching done when the braces come off because I have very bad white spots especially on my front teeth from the flouride drops I took as a baby/child.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SunshineRay

#11 Post by SunshineRay »

Hi and welcome! Your braces look so much smaller then mine. I have the clear/ceramic. I will have mine off before 40 also so I'm pretty excited about that!

scraggy

#12 Post by scraggy »

Hi, everyone I'm from the very sunny UK,
Just had an upper jaw op 8 days ago.

Hope everyone is well.

TrustGodAuburn

#13 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Sunshine you are a little bit ahead of me on this process! Thanks for the welcome.

The only reason I did not get the clear brackets was because I saw how much larger they were than the metal ones. I opted for metal for comfort vs. appearance.

Naratzux

#14 Post by Naratzux »

Im new too! Welcome :)

TrustGodAuburn

#15 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

I think that I can finally see that one of my teeth has moved, I thought maybe it had because it has been easier to floss where it is, but now I can definitely see that the bracket is no longer touching the other tooth as it was the first day. That is encouraging.

I'm still unable to bite with my front teeth and am avoiding hard or difficult to chew foods. Which is basically everything I was eating before. Quite challenging to figure out food.

I have been following a low-carb lifestyle since last October (have lost 60 pounds in the process), but I cannot eat any of the main foods I was eating on that plan. I am sure hoping that I do not gain any weight back since I have had to add carbs to my life to survive. Most of the soft foods and easy to eat foods I have thought of are high carb.

I'm counting down to my first adjustment in 16 days!