cdnbracegirl's story: Finally getting braces at age 30

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cdnbracegirl

Re: cdnbracegirl's story: Finally getting braces at age 30

#61 Post by cdnbracegirl »

They're off! The most annoying part was having dry mouth through the whole process. The upper and lower bonded retainers will take some getting used to. The Essix retainer will also take some time to get used to. I only have an upper Essix retainer. Full time wear for 6 months and then we'll go from there. I am soooo happy! I feel like I have fake teeth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheProfessor

#62 Post by TheProfessor »

Beautiful!!!!! You must be thrilled with your great results :jump:
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

mapleleafman888

#63 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Holy d*mn what a set of teeth! They look great, I am super happy for you!!!!

What's the bonded retainers like just bumpy or do they take up a lot of room?
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

cdnbracegirl

#64 Post by cdnbracegirl »

TheProfessor wrote:Beautiful!!!!! You must be thrilled with your great results :jump:
Thank you! I am so thrilled! Now it's time to adjust to retainer life. My parents are very happy with my teeth as well. They've always felt a little guilty for not getting me braces when I needed them.
mapleleafman888 wrote:Holy d*mn what a set of teeth! They look great, I am super happy for you!!!!

What's the bonded retainers like just bumpy or do they take up a lot of room?
Thank you! You're next, you know. ;) My upper bonded retainer is smooth but my lower is a little bumpy from the dots of glue. I'll try and take a pic tomorrow. Everyone has told me that I'll get used to it but for now, my tongue is curious and wondering wtf is in my mouth. :shock: I also ate in public for the first time without braces and it was a beautiful thing. *sigh*

I have one tooth that is a little sensitive right now. It 'twinged' when the glue was being drilled off. Think I should switch to Sensodyne for a bit.

Roses

#65 Post by Roses »

Congratulations! They look beautiful! How's the retainer?

cdnbracegirl

#66 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Roses wrote:Congratulations! They look beautiful! How's the retainer?
It's all good so far. I think I've taken out my retainer at least 7 times today just to eat. :p How is your retainer?

Siobhan

#67 Post by Siobhan »

Your teeth look gorgeous. Congratulations!

chichi

#68 Post by chichi »

Your teeth look fantastic! I'm also jealous that you only have 1 sensitive area. Having the glue scraped off was horrible and now everything in my mouth throbs when I brush or have a cold drink :( can't wait for things to settle down
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

cdnbracegirl

#69 Post by cdnbracegirl »

chichi wrote:Your teeth look fantastic! I'm also jealous that you only have 1 sensitive area. Having the glue scraped off was horrible and now everything in my mouth throbs when I brush or have a cold drink :( can't wait for things to settle down
Thanks! Likewise to you as well! Scraping the glue off was bad. And when my ortho put my bonded retainer on, she had to rinse the area and it went up the hole of my cleft palate. I almost drowned. But I toughed it out. Is your sensitivity any better today? I had black coffee this morning through a straw and that helped. I also had lukewarm water throughout the day. I think the removable retainer is easier than the permanent. My speech is ok. It's just annoying because I snack a lot at work (I need/love food) so I have to take it out many times throughout the day.

jem

#70 Post by jem »

Wow! What a transformation. Congratulations.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

TrustGodAuburn

#71 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Amazing!!!

sowonky

#72 Post by sowonky »

Wow!! Beautiful! You must be so so thrilled!

cdnbracegirl

#73 Post by cdnbracegirl »

It's been one week and so far, so good. My coworker told me she's noticed me smiling more. :D She's also told me my teeth are white. I bought some whitening gel online (same brand my dentist uses) and haven't noticed anything dramatic yet. So take care of your oral hygiene while in braces, people!

I also just signed up for online dating after splitting up with my boyfriend last year after 6 years whom I'm still kind of seeing (it's complicated). I find myself eating really fast while at restaurants. It's like I can't get the food in my stomach fast enough. I'm making up for lost time, I guess. Haha!

To everyone who is feeling discouraged, hang in there! What you're going through is worth it and life after braces is so much better than life before braces. :jump:

orchid

#74 Post by orchid »

Wow! Such amazing results! It must feel great to be debraced :)

aspiromusings

#75 Post by aspiromusings »

cdnbracegirl wrote:They're off! The most annoying part was having dry mouth through the whole process. The upper and lower bonded retainers will take some getting used to. The Essix retainer will also take some time to get used to. I only have an upper Essix retainer. Full time wear for 6 months and then we'll go from there. I am soooo happy! I feel like I have fake teeth.
Wow! the new teeth look amazing! congratulations
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*