cdnbracegirl's story: Finally getting braces at age 30

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TheKT

Re: cdnbracegirl's story: Finally getting braces at age 30

#31 Post by TheKT »

Ok they look ammmazzzing! You could get debraced. Congrats on such great progress.

cdnbracegirl

#32 Post by cdnbracegirl »

TheKT wrote:Ok they look ammmazzzing! You could get debraced. Congrats on such great progress.
Thanks! That's nice of you to say. :)

I had an adjustment on May 20th. She repositioned a couple brackets and changed my upper wire. I feel as though it didn't do anything. My next appointment is July 2nd.

Roses

#33 Post by Roses »

Wow! Awesome progress :D I bet you're delighted!

SpottedPickle

#34 Post by SpottedPickle »

Wow your teeth are looking awesome! How are you feeling about how things are going? I hope you are more willing to smile now :)

AlexO890

#35 Post by AlexO890 »

Wow, your teeth look great! I'll bet you're happy with the results!

pjade1

#36 Post by pjade1 »

You must be very pleased with the fast results. I am also getting Innovation-Cs for my upper teeth. I think they look great on you. It makes me feel better about making the same choice.
07/14/14 - 4 spacers put in
07/25/14 - braces top and bottom put in minus 2 molar bands that they couldn't fit
9/11/14 - 2 spacers put in between the bottom back molars
9/19/14 - last 2 bottom molar bands in and all hooked up, new wire, started elastics too
10/14/14 - new square wire change and thick elastics
04/24/17 - braces removed!!! :BigGrin:

cdnbracegirl

#37 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Thanks, guys! I've been so bad with updating this thread with my progress. I guess it's because I feel like nothing is really happening. I'm so happy with the results but am still self conscious about smiling with teeth. It's just a psychological thing I'll have to overcome.

I had an adjustment yesterday (lost track of which number). She put me in a stainless steel finishing wire. It's my last wire and she'll be putting finishing touches on my teeth now. My teeth are tender this morning. Haven't felt like that in a few months. I like it! IPR is a possibility for my next appointment to correct black triangles. My bite looks good so I'll spend limited time in elastics. I see the light!

I'll upload a picture when I get the chance. Take care!

cdnbracegirl

#38 Post by cdnbracegirl »

I had an adjustment today. I had IPR done and got powerchains put on. I also got Rabbit elastics. My ortho said I could be debraced in 4 months!! :jump: Fingers crossed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anna5

#39 Post by Anna5 »

Your teeth look so great!!! And how wonderful that you will be debraces in 4 months, I am very happy for you!

Verena

#40 Post by Verena »

What are the elastics you are wearing for?

cdnbracegirl

#41 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Verena wrote:What are the elastics you are wearing for?
I had to Google this because I had no clue. I know the triangle is to close my slight open bite on that side. We're shifting all my upper right teeth to the middle so I think the elastic configuration will help move those teeth forward, towards the middle.

I love eating. I think I will either fail miserably at this elastic business or lose a little weight. But I can already feel the difference when I go to take the elastics off when I eat.

mapleleafman888

#42 Post by mapleleafman888 »

I keep getting amazed every time I see your photos. One can't emphasize enough how awesome it is that teeth can move so much so fast and look so good.

Hope your debrace schedule is right on, I'm on nearly the same timeline as well!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

cdnbracegirl

#43 Post by cdnbracegirl »

mapleleafman888 wrote:I keep getting amazed every time I see your photos. One can't emphasize enough how awesome it is that teeth can move so much so fast and look so good.

Hope your debrace schedule is right on, I'm on nearly the same timeline as well!
Likewise, my friend! I'm happy my teeth have been so responsive. I really hate these elastics. I am a slow eater, a grazer if you will, so I'm probably spending 22-23 hours in elastics as opposed to 24 hrs. One week in and I'm so over elastics. Kudos to those who wear them for their entire treatment.

mapleleafman888

#44 Post by mapleleafman888 »

A grazer! Yeah I think 22 hours is enough to see changes consistently, I bet orthos count on the fact that 24/7 wear is nearly impossible. One thread on here has a guy who has been in elastics for 18 months if I remember correctly. DANG.
I wore elastics from Dec to August (8mo with 1 month break and now back in a new configuration as you saw) and you do get used of them---just hang in there the first couple weeks is always the hardest.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

cdnbracegirl

#45 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Had another adjustment today. The ortho put some bends in my wire for both upper and lower. Now I'm wearing triangles on both sides. She said if I have issues with the black triangle (see picture) that she would address it at the next appointment but that would throw my midline out of whack and I'd have to wait longer to get my braces off. It doesn't bother me that much and to be honest, you can't even tell it's there if there is something stuck in there (gross, I know). I'll know when my de-brace date is at my next appointment which is in mid November. I see the light and it's getting brighter!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.