cdnbracegirl's story: Finally getting braces at age 30

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mapleleafman888

Re: cdnbracegirl's story: Finally getting braces at age 30

#76 Post by mapleleafman888 »

How are you enjoying being brace free? And are you use to the bonded retainers yets? Hope you are doing well!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

cdnbracegirl

#77 Post by cdnbracegirl »

mapleleafman888 wrote:How are you enjoying being brace free? And are you use to the bonded retainers yets? Hope you are doing well!
I love it! Smiling lots these days. I am used to the bonded retainers now. I'm being bad though and only using my Essix retainer at night. It's not tight when I put it in at night so I figure it's ok. :?

mapleleafman888

#78 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Good to hear on both accounts! The retainer wear I can't really say much about but I sure hope everything stays in place ahah!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

xpx1

#79 Post by xpx1 »

good progress, very encouraging

MrPlenty

#80 Post by MrPlenty »

All I can say Is wow! Amazing. I hope your new found confidence level is through the roof!

ty24

#81 Post by ty24 »

Congrats on your Brace Day! You'll be up to normal, non puried, soup before you know it! :D

cdnbracegirl

#82 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been enjoying the brace free life. Retainer life is easy peasy. I actually pop out of bed if I forget to put in my retainer. Food still gets stuck in my bonded retainer but such is life. I hope your braces journey goes by quickly for all of you. It is SOOO worth it in the end! Take care! :D

NeilH

#83 Post by NeilH »

Hi, I'm so sorry I haven't responded sooner but what a fantastic result! I bet you are thrilled with such a lovely smile. And thanks for the update, its good to hear that you are getting on well with your retainers. I'm getting fixed and removable retainers as well and think the effort of wearing them is a small price to pay for keeping my teeth straight long into the future. How long did it take you to get used to the retainers?

cali23

#84 Post by cali23 »

Thanks for all the posts and updates. I can't wait until I can complain about my retainer lol. Have my first tightening tomorrow.

buffon85

#85 Post by buffon85 »

great results! i understand everything you say in your first post.
it was so difficult to take the decision to get braces, even if it is the best decision i have ever made. there were so many people that tell me that i do not need braces, i am just fine,why bother etc etc but i just answer I couldn't live anymore with these teeth and for the rest of my life. sometimes I regret for not taking the decision earlier but now I was really ready to do it for the first time in my life. keep smilling!

bottom premolars extractions: 9th of June 2015
top premolars extractions: 8th of October 2015

cdnbracegirl

#86 Post by cdnbracegirl »

NeilH wrote:Hi, I'm so sorry I haven't responded sooner but what a fantastic result! I bet you are thrilled with such a lovely smile. And thanks for the update, its good to hear that you are getting on well with your retainers. I'm getting fixed and removable retainers as well and think the effort of wearing them is a small price to pay for keeping my teeth straight long into the future. How long did it take you to get used to the retainers?
Sorry for the late reply! I don't remember an exact length of time where I got used to everything but I would say I was used to everything within the first week. Retainers are definitely a small price to pay for straight teeth for the rest of our lives. I find that my removable retainer has helped with my teeth grinding at night. Mind you, my retainer is now taking the brunt of that.
cali23 wrote:Thanks for all the posts and updates. I can't wait until I can complain about my retainer lol. Have my first tightening tomorrow.
I hope your first tightening went well! It must be almost time for your next one.
buffon85 wrote:great results! i understand everything you say in your first post.
it was so difficult to take the decision to get braces, even if it is the best decision i have ever made. there were so many people that tell me that i do not need braces, i am just fine,why bother etc etc but i just answer I couldn't live anymore with these teeth and for the rest of my life. sometimes I regret for not taking the decision earlier but now I was really ready to do it for the first time in my life. keep smilling!
I felt very vulnerable when I first went to get braces. I'm so grateful that everyone at my ortho clinic is so supportive and non-judgmental. That really helped. I tricked myself into accepting my crooked teeth and that I'd be ok with it for the rest of my life but I felt like I'd be cheating myself out of life so I took the plunge. Hope your braces journey is quick! :D

jhenry

#87 Post by jhenry »

I'm glad it worked out for you!