Roses' braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Roses

Re: Roses' braces

#31 Post by Roses »

Just got home from another adjustment! Again I'm feeling very frustrated. I told my ortho that my dentist had said not to bracket the new crown and he wants to bracket it so now they're going to talk it out between them. I also had a telling off about my eating habits because he said needing the treatment was not down to hygiene, but my love of chocolate. I really need to sort that out but I'm a huge comfort eater so it's going to be tricky! I wanted to ask about how long I had left on my treatment at this stage but I felt like I couldn't after my telling off. I will need to make a note to ask next time! Next adjustment is in 12 weeks and they're rebracketing both crowns then. I don't know how my dentist is going to feel about that... I wish they were on the same page! Not in the brace loving place right now :(

Roses

#32 Post by Roses »

Past the year point! I had a check up at the dentist the other day and she said everything was fine, she checked the new crown and said that it should be okay to be bracketed. She was so lovely and helpful, I wish she was an orthodontist too! Dreading my next adjustment, can't wait to get these braces off. I'm at the point now where honestly if I had my time over I wouldn't have got the braces. I wish I could change orthodontists so badly but as I have them on the NHS and the only reason I do is because I turned 18 literally days after the braces were put on. :(

Roses

#33 Post by Roses »

Eee looking at my tickers makes me so happy now :3 I had another adjustment this morning, and I had brackets put on the two crowns. The thicker wire is gone on the top and it looks like the same thickness of the first wire I had, just because of the new brackets I believe, and the thick wire couldn't do anything else anyway as I need more IPR on the top. I would be happy if my bottom braces came off at this point, I believe I am on the last wire and have a powerchain on them still, and I don't personally think more IPR is needed there but I'll only find out at my adjustment in November when I see my actual ortho and not the assistants.

I asked the assistant team today if we were still on track with my treatment and they said yeah my bite was nearly there so I'm hoping to get them off in February/March! I will add progress pictures later after I've done my bedtime flossing/brushing. Very happy Roses right now ^^

Uptown Girl

#34 Post by Uptown Girl »

Roses, how are the brackets going on the crowns? Mine lasted six hours before one came off! I was only eating thin soup so unless I am fed intravenously I can't be any more careful than I have been. The other came off a couple of hours after that. The crowns are on the two front teeth so I can't think what the ortho can do on Monday because obviously the glue he used doesn't work. I hate the thought of bands on the front two teeth. They are so close together I am paranoid they would break off if forced. Everything else is bearable so I am really disappointed that I may have to keep returning to get the brackets put on.

Roses

#35 Post by Roses »

Uptown Girl wrote:Roses, how are the brackets going on the crowns? Mine lasted six hours before one came off! I was only eating thin soup so unless I am fed intravenously I can't be any more careful than I have been. The other came off a couple of hours after that. The crowns are on the two front teeth so I can't think what the ortho can do on Monday because obviously the glue he used doesn't work. I hate the thought of bands on the front two teeth. They are so close together I am paranoid they would break off if forced. Everything else is bearable so I am really disappointed that I may have to keep returning to get the brackets put on.
So far the brackets have been okay but I think that is down to not eating on that side really as the teeth still feel weird since they have only recently been bracketed and the others have been getting used to the pressure for over a year now. Because I have to travel home to get to orthodontist I said to the assistants please could they affix the brackets as strongly as they possibly could as it's expensive and time consuming for me to go back. They used a porcelain primer and held the setting light over it for longer than they did originally. Ultimately though they said not to be surprised if it pops off. Super annoying I know. :( Hopefully they figure something out for you soon!

Roses

#36 Post by Roses »

I have been given my debrace date! I am so pleased I can't even begin to explain. 20th of January and I'll be free of wires and brackets! I know the essix retainers will be hard work for a while but at least I can actually brush properly. Nearly there!

NeilH

#37 Post by NeilH »

Roses wrote:I have been given my debrace date! I am so pleased I can't even begin to explain. 20th of January and I'll be free of wires and brackets! I know the essix retainers will be hard work for a while but at least I can actually brush properly. Nearly there!
That's great news, congratulations.

Roses

#38 Post by Roses »

NeilH wrote:
Roses wrote:I have been given my debrace date! I am so pleased I can't even begin to explain. 20th of January and I'll be free of wires and brackets! I know the essix retainers will be hard work for a while but at least I can actually brush properly. Nearly there!
That's great news, congratulations.
Thank you :BigGrin:

cdnbracegirl

#39 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Hi Rose! Looks like we're getting debraced on the same day. How exciting! :D

Roses

#40 Post by Roses »

cdnbracegirl wrote:Hi Rose! Looks like we're getting debraced on the same day. How exciting! :D
Awesome! Not long now. I am so excited. Also I remember at the very beginning for the first week or so when my teeth were really tender, I would read about people who were about to get their braces off and it seemed like that time would never come. We will most likely be back though complaining about the retainers xD

cdnbracegirl

#41 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Roses wrote: Awesome! Not long now. I am so excited. Also I remember at the very beginning for the first week or so when my teeth were really tender, I would read about people who were about to get their braces off and it seemed like that time would never come. We will most likely be back though complaining about the retainers xD
I'm literally going crazy. I'm so impatient! All I can do is just try to be normal and go to work, get through the weekend and Tuesday will be here before we know it. Right? :?

Roses

#42 Post by Roses »

And the braces are off!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cdnbracegirl

#43 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Congratulations, Rose! Mine come off in exactly 4 hours. Eee!

Roses

#44 Post by Roses »

cdnbracegirl wrote:Congratulations, Rose! Mine come off in exactly 4 hours. Eee!
Can't wait to see pictures. Good luck! I didn't mind getting them off at all, the only thing that felt uncomfortable really was the friction heat from having the glue filed off!

BeautifulDisaster

#45 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

Your teeth are beautiful! Congrats!

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574