Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mapleleafman888

Re: Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

#61 Post by mapleleafman888 »

45 days down, 500 to go. :shock:
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

chichi

#62 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:45 days down, 500 to go. :shock:
It sounds so bad when you put it like that...
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

TrustGodAuburn

#63 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

59 days down.... 792 to go. UGH!

mapleleafman888

#64 Post by mapleleafman888 »

chichi wrote:
mapleleafman888 wrote:45 days down, 500 to go. :shock:
It sounds so bad when you put it like that...
Ah yeah it does, I had a moment of frustration last night as I was going through the second bout of indigestion that totally killed my guts. These build ups are makings me consider buying a juicer. I'm starting to shrink badly too. OK sob story over. Lol.

On an encouraging note 45 days down out of 15-18 months means 8-10% completion. Yes!
TrustGodAuburn wrote:59 days down.... 792 to go. UGH!
Hang in there, we'll all make it fine!

mapleleafman888

#65 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Day 53 photo update. This coil spring is doing the job! The right side is pretty well the same visually.

For anyone wondering why I have the springs here, 1) my ortho said I have 'peg laterals' which means they are too small to be useful in supporting a fully rounded out arch when the teeth are in their proper positions. 2) All my front teeth need to be pushed forward and proclined quite a bit. This will make room for the lowers incisors to procline a as well. 3) My lower jaw needs room to move forwards.

The upper laterals will need to be built up by way of bonding at the end of my treatment. This also means I'm sporting some awesome growing spaces for the remaining 13-16 months :lol:

On a different note, I did end up buying an blender/juicer combo---this machine makes consuming fruit and veggies 100% better for braces wearers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cdnbracegirl

#66 Post by cdnbracegirl »

I love my juicer and immersion blender! They've been a lifesaver.

mapleleafman888

#67 Post by mapleleafman888 »

cdnbracegirl wrote:I love my juicer and immersion blender! They've been a lifesaver.
Yes, high fives! :lol:

mapleleafman888

#68 Post by mapleleafman888 »

My 8 Week bracesaversary is here and 2nd adjustment was also done today!

I got my round upper and lower .014's changed to round 0.016's: I will have these for 6 weeks. The coil springs stayed the same length as the ortho says they are working perfectly.

The appointment was short and sweet, I got to brush with the wires out. The assistant was really fun as well. She said that I look like the police officer in her home town, to which I teased 'maybe it is me.' (No I'm not a PO!) Then she went on to tell me that everyone in the world has a twin lol. Ok... :-1

My next appointment is 6 weeks from now on Decemeber 18th, it sounds like I'll be moving to rectangular wires and elastics then.

There's definately alot of pressure from the new wire again, these upper laterals are taking a beating early on. Hope I am not too much more sore in the morning!

chichi

#69 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:My 8 Week bracesaversary is here and 2nd adjustment was also done today!

I got my round upper and lower .014's changed to round 0.016's: I will have these for 6 weeks. The coil springs stayed the same length as the ortho says they are working perfectly.

The appointment was short and sweet, I got to brush with the wires out. The assistant was really fun as well. She said that I look like the police officer in her home town, to which I teased 'maybe it is me.' (No I'm not a PO!) Then she went on to tell me that everyone in the world has a twin lol. Ok... :-1

My next appointment is 6 weeks from now on Decemeber 18th, it sounds like I'll be moving to rectangular wires and elastics then.

There's definately alot of pressure from the new wire again, these upper laterals are taking a beating early on. Hope I am not too much more sore in the morning!
Doesn't it feel amazing to brush without the wires in? It has to be one of the best things right now...

And congrats on the new wires! I don't imagine you'll experience too much discomfort with them - just that tight feeling for a day or two, but let us know how you're doing today :wink:

TrustGodAuburn

#70 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

I go for my second adjustment next week, came to see how yours went ;)

mapleleafman888

#71 Post by mapleleafman888 »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Doesn't it feel amazing to brush without the wires in? It has to be one of the best things right now...

And congrats on the new wires! I don't imagine you'll experience too much discomfort with them - just that tight feeling for a day or two, but let us know how you're doing today
TrustGodAuburn wrote:I go for my second adjustment next week, came to see how yours went
Yes Chichi, it feels like sweet freedom! I also stood back and smiled with the wire out, wow I couldn't even tell the brackets were on my teeth.

Thanks---I don't feel near as bad getting this new wire as I did when the braces were on for the first 1-5 days. As the trend would predict, my upper centrals and laterals are the most sore being that they obviously need the most moving. Either than that, the lower right canine and 1st pre-molar ache a bit more than usual. I noticed that the 1mm space between them has now closed completely and floss now has a hard time getting in, where as before I could've flossed with a rope and not felt anything.

Awesome! Good luck with that appointment TrustGodAuburn, I wish you little pain and straighter teeth :mrgreen: I'm doing ok today, just have to remember not to bite on my finger and thumb again when it's in my mouth trying to pick out food (this for the sore incisor's sake though).

I will probably post a photo in about a week, the changes are kind of cool to see especially since my teeth didn't appear to be too misaligned or crooked. The laterals have moved forward about 1-2mms.

In an unrelated thought which I forgot to mention in yesterday's post, the lady (probably 27-33 y/o) who was in the ortho chair beside me was getting debanded and her final polish done. Her results were amazing, it was encouraging to me to see that this is all worth it, and I can only imagine how good a proper functioning bite is going to be as well.

thefeelbrah

#72 Post by thefeelbrah »

23 here and still cant afford braces
Hope we all make it

TrustGodAuburn

#73 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

How are you feeling now with your new wires? I've had my 16 upper archwire for 3 days and I think it's getting worse by the day! I tried to eat a very soft waffle fry today and could not even break it apart with my teeth! LOL!

mapleleafman888

#74 Post by mapleleafman888 »

TrustGodAuburn wrote:How are you feeling now with your new wires? I've had my 16 upper archwire for 3 days and I think it's getting worse by the day! I tried to eat a very soft waffle fry today and could not even break it apart with my teeth! LOL!
I'm 10 days in with the 16 wires and I'm still in the hurt box! The first 2-3 days weren't terrible, the next few days were really sore, then these last 2-3 days have been progressively getting better. That's kind of funny about the waffle because I can identify...yesterday I was eating at a restaraunt and I had to ask the waitress for a fork and knife so I could shred my burger.

Hang in there!

chichi

#75 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:I'm 10 days in with the 16 wires and I'm still in the hurt box! The first 2-3 days weren't terrible, the next few days were really sore, then these last 2-3 days have been progressively getting better. That's kind of funny about the waffle because I can identify...yesterday I was eating at a restaraunt and I had to ask the waitress for a fork and knife so I could shred my burger.

Hang in there!
That's what you get for having it so easy when you first got the braces on! :twisted: