Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

edmondcc

Re: Dude Braces @ 25 --- MapleLeafMan888 My Story

#166 Post by edmondcc »

:D :D

mapleleafman888

#167 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Hey all, so I had my regular adjustment this morning and it was a bit of a wasted trip...ortho took out the lower wire and made the tiniest bend (nothing feels different) and that was it. Was in a super bad mood to go see them in the first place, wondering if the office is just keeping these on until my last 3 payments are collected.......

My potential debrace and naked teeth for christmas, december 9th isn't going to happen :(

Next appointment is January 6th so it'll be at least another 6-10 weeks after that before debracing, Feb or March probably.

Waa waa poor me lol ok. Rant #7 over.

Take it easy "y'all".
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

mapleleafman888

#168 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Here's my almost 15 month photo:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheProfessor

#169 Post by TheProfessor »

Hang in there, you don't have too much longer! Your teeth are looking great- I'm sure they will be even more perfect in a couple of months :D
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

Featheryy1221

#170 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Wow! Your teeth look so perfect to me. I can't see why it'd be that much longer to go. Hopefully you get your debrace date next time!

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

mapleleafman888

#171 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Featheryy1221 wrote:Wow! Your teeth look so perfect to me. I can't see why it'd be that much longer to go. Hopefully you get your debrace date next time!
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with this result, bite is a bit uneven/rocky still. Yeah 3-4 more months doesn't make much sense...

Roses

#172 Post by Roses »

That sucks that your date got pushed back :( How often are your adjustments now? I would be tempted to ask every time when they would be coming off, and try and gauge whether they have actual concerns or just want to drag out the treatment time for money. Still though, February and March aren't too far away ^^

mapleleafman888

#173 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Roses wrote:That sucks that your date got pushed back :( How often are your adjustments now? I would be tempted to ask every time when they would be coming off, and try and gauge whether they have actual concerns or just want to drag out the treatment time for money. Still though, February and March aren't too far away ^^
Well they're usually about 5-8 weeks, it really varies I find. Next one is 6 weeks from last adjustment, previous one was 5 weeks between. I'll survive it!

maeby

#174 Post by maeby »

Your teeth look awesome! This next bit will fly by, I'm sure. Or hey, it'll seem like it when it's over with. :)
Read My Braces Story: "Maeby Getting Braces"

Top Arch Braced: April 18, 2012
Bottom Arch: October 9, 2012

nnaatt

#175 Post by nnaatt »

Thanks for sharing your story. Now even I'm excited for you to get them off!

chichi

#176 Post by chichi »

Sorry your deband date isn't happening yet. I feel your pain... I've been going weekly since September. In August, I was told I'd be finished in September, then it changed to November, and now I just don't even talk about it anymore. If I had to guess, it'd probably be sometime after the holidays at this point. Can't wait :|
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

mapleleafman888

#177 Post by mapleleafman888 »

chichi wrote:Sorry your deband date isn't happening yet. I feel your pain... I've been going weekly since September. In August, I was told I'd be finished in September, then it changed to November, and now I just don't even talk about it anymore. If I had to guess, it'd probably be sometime after the holidays at this point. Can't wait :|
It's ok, as much as I'd love to have the braces off, my bite feels so bad on the right side- like the right side uppers from bicuspid 1 to last molar and twisted up and out and the inside edges clash with the lower teeth. Have been mentioning it to numb-head ortho since august...

Yeah I remember you were saying September was supposed to be for you, but I guess it's the same thing right now.

Thanks for the reply, take care and good luck.

Oh and on a side note, I spoke over the phone with the office yesterday and the receptionist says the braces won't come off until the financial side is cleared---looks like I'll have braces until March. My regular payment schedule ends in March, can't get them paid off any sooner. My hunch about this was right. :evil: Not like I'm going to run away and never see the office again. :Questions:

cdnbracegirl

#178 Post by cdnbracegirl »

mapleleafman888 wrote: Oh and on a side note, I spoke over the phone with the office yesterday and the receptionist says the braces won't come off until the financial side is cleared---looks like I'll have braces until March. My regular payment schedule ends in March, can't get them paid off any sooner. My hunch about this was right. :evil: Not like I'm going to run away and never see the office again. :Questions:
That's such BS. With my ortho, treatment time isn't dependent on financials. The money keeps coming out of my bank account until all the payments are made regardless of what's happening with my teeth. I'll still be making payments for another 5 months if my braces come off in January. When you are finished treatment, I suggest going on RateMyMD and write a review of your experience. Other people need to be warned. Hang in there! Hope your bite is fixed soon. :)
Last edited by cdnbracegirl on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Featheryy1221

#179 Post by Featheryy1221 »

I know my ortho and all the orthos I consulted with hold debrace day until you pay it all off. I think it's very common actually. A couple even said that in the contract. My ortho's more flexible on month to month payments (you can pay more or less than you have to each month) but more strict on having it all paid off before debracing.

It's probably for the best that you can't get them off, if your one side of your mouth is still having bite issues. Hopefully they can get that figured out for you. :)

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

TrustGodAuburn

#180 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

mapleleafman888 wrote:
Oh and on a side note, I spoke over the phone with the office yesterday and the receptionist says the braces won't come off until the financial side is cleared---looks like I'll have braces until March. My regular payment schedule ends in March, can't get them paid off any sooner. My hunch about this was right. :evil: Not like I'm going to run away and never see the office again. :Questions:
That stinks. I am surprised they would keep them on just because the payments are not done. Crazy.

I have 3 payments left, but probably another year in the braces. UGH. I haven't even asked. This wonky tooth is not budging. :ThumbsDown: