I volunteer...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braced159

Re: I volunteer...

#16 Post by braced159 »

Awesome updates. Keep them up!

parsleysage

#17 Post by parsleysage »

Woohoo! Congrats on being nearly a year in braces. Do you have any photos of your progress?

mysticgirl916

#18 Post by mysticgirl916 »

Today I reached the 1-year mark since I got my braces! Yesterday I went for another appointment with my dentist, after I got my extraction done on a bottom tooth I now have 3 millimeters to go until the gap closes. The rest of the appointment was a sight wire adjustment, polishing and stripping

I also got my bands changed: pale pink ligs and light gray powerchains to match parts of the dress I'm wearing to my brother's wedding in two weeks

And here's my 1-year smile!

AlexO890

#19 Post by AlexO890 »

Congrats on making it to one year! How much longer do you have?

TrustGodAuburn

#20 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Woohoo - 1 year! Looking great!

mysticgirl916

#21 Post by mysticgirl916 »

Coming up on 16 months since I was "railroaded", and it's been over a year since my extraction. The gap is nearly closed

At my last appointment, I got 4 new brackets on my back lower molars to align them with the rest of my teeth. Thin wire with alternating orange and silver ligs. I go back on December 10 for my 6-week follow-up, so hopefully it won't be long till they come off!

mysticgirl916

#22 Post by mysticgirl916 »

Approaching 17 months...

Went in on Wednesday and got my bands changed: red powerchains top and bottom along with green ligs on top in the back for Christmas. Going back the day before Christmas Eve for a powerchain change, hopefully I'll know soon when my braces are coming off

Heythereimfrank

#23 Post by Heythereimfrank »

It's so exciting to read about other people's stories! Looks like you've had a pretty rad time :D

mysticgirl916

#24 Post by mysticgirl916 »

May 29, 2015

After over 22 months, I'm thrilled to say that my journey will be ending in 4 days! I just got the news at my appointment this morning that I will be getting my braces off on Tuesday afternoon as well as getting impressions done for my retainers!

aspiromusings

#25 Post by aspiromusings »

mysticgirl916 wrote:May 29, 2015

After over 22 months, I'm thrilled to say that my journey will be ending in 4 days! I just got the news at my appointment this morning that I will be getting my braces off on Tuesday afternoon as well as getting impressions done for my retainers!
So very happy for you, congrats!

Don't forget to show us some post pics too =)
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

mysticgirl916

#26 Post by mysticgirl916 »

End of the Journey: Part 1

Today I walked into my appointment very excited. I got my top braces off as well as got impressions done for my retainers.

So, it wasn't bad at all. The powerchain came off first, then the ligature wires, followed by the archwire. Kasia then proceeded to pop all the brackets off, and then she took off the remaining cement. It sounded noisy and smelled funny at times, but it actually didn't feel that bad. Once all the glue was off, she polished my teeth and handed me a mirror to see what my teeth looked like. I felt so happy when I saw my straight teeth for the first time. Afterwards, I went to Walmart and treated myself to a present since I also had to get my brother a birthday card (I got the Glee season 6 DVD set for myself). I couldn't stop smiling all the way home.

Next week Saturday, I'm getting my retainers (Essix on top and fixed on the bottom) and two weeks from today the bottom braces are coming off

teeebeee

#27 Post by teeebeee »

Brilliant tale...it's actually really exciting, isn't it? I'm absolutely fascinated by it all, tbh...never thought I'd ever willingly look at my teeth.

I love all the colours you've had. Mine are very boring in comparison. If I were starting again, I'd be gangsta about it! :lol:

It'll be easy to tell you in the wedding pics, wont it? You'll be the one with the biggest smile. I'm hoping to be 'presentable' for my son's wedding in August.

T xx

mysticgirl916

#28 Post by mysticgirl916 »

End of the Journey: Part 2

I expected to go in today just to get my retainers fitted and then get my bottom braces off on Tuesday, but today it was all done in one shot! First I had my upper Essix fitted for the first time, it feels kind of weird but Jessica assured me it would take some getting used to. I have to wear it 24/7 for at least the first year (except for eating and brushing my teeth) and then just nights after that. I was given a sparkly neon pink case to put it in, which made me happy because pink is my favorite color and I love sparkly things.

Next I got my bottom braces off. Unlike the top, these ones were taken off with the wire still attached to the brackets. The glue scraping came after that, again I didn't really feel anything. After giving my teeth a quick cleaning, I got my fixed retainer put in - it just feels like five or six little bumps on the back of my teeth. Jessica polished my teeth after that and it was all over.

So after over 22 months, my journey in braces has come to an end, but now a new one starts as I adjust to retainer wear. It certainly has been an interesting experience

teeebeee

#29 Post by teeebeee »

Bloody brilliant...well done you! :)

T xx