Adult tooth still floating around in my head

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

clball

Adult tooth still floating around in my head

#1 Post by clball »

So, because of a combination of poor dentistry and a lack of money, I never got braces as a kid. Now recently, about a year ago I think, we discovered my adult tooth was crooked and still up in my head, so my baby tooth (it's an upper canine, btw) never was replaced.

Anyway, the dentist referred me to an orthodontist who didn't really look into the case and who then referred me to an orthodontist. This orthodontist was wayyyyy over zealous and made me feel uncomfortable. He was talking full braces and jaw surgery (that was mostly for 'aesthetic' reasons). Now, I think my face is perfectly fine and I don't want to change it. Also, since I'm approaching 20 id really like to avoid braces if possible.

I was hoping that the tooth could just be yanked out or left there. Do any of you guys know if this would be safe or possible? And if not, please please please tell me braces are not that bad?

zena

Re: Adult tooth still floating around in my head

#2 Post by zena »

What kind of surgery? just to bring down the tooth. or move the jaw.?
get several opinions. don't ruxh wait .and do some research.

EmBee

Re: Adult tooth still floating around in my head

#3 Post by EmBee »

I have an upper canine stuck too, except that I still have the baby tooth. I have to have full braces and other extractions done anyways for other problems, but my orthodontist said when they do the extractions they will pull the baby tooth and see if the adult tooth makes its way down on its own once a little space opens up. If it doesn't they may have to do minor surgery to expose the adult tooth and lasso it with a bracket, but if I were you I would find an orthodontist who gives you some options and is more moderate in their approach, at least to start with.