chichi is braced!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JeniK

Re: chichi is braced!

#61 Post by JeniK »

Chichi...I think it is a great idea! still working on getting the picture from my phone to the computer..to the site!! Maybe tomorrow!!

chichi

#62 Post by chichi »

Pokey wire :-=

At least it decided to start poking within a few days of my next adjustment...
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

mapleleafman888

#63 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Hey, loving the off topic thread you started!

I see your adjustment is tomorrow, let us know what wire you're moving into for halloween!

Later.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

chichi

#64 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Hey, loving the off topic thread you started!

I see your adjustment is tomorrow, let us know what wire you're moving into for halloween!

Later.
I've got my Halloween wires!

I'm in 0.018 on top... and I have rectangular bottoms (0.014 x 0.025)!!!!

They also put hooks on 2 of the bottom brackets and a brand new elastic (Rabbit - 3/16" / 4.76mm - 3.5oz / 100g... considered medium/heavy). I have no idea how the hooks were put in... I asked the assistant and her response was "magic" :roll: I have also scraped off the yellow wax stuff so it's slightly more attractive..

I feel ok for now, although the assistant told me to have some wine because the bottom wire is going to hurt.

Next adjustment in 8 weeks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chichi

#65 Post by chichi »

DEAR GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

I no longer feel ok. This is pretty painful. I'm already seeing spaces opening up on the bottom (we're talking fractions of a millimeter, but spaces nonetheless).

Just did my nightly brush/floss/rinse and everything is THROBBING

mapleleafman888

#66 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Oi! Elastics already and a rectangular wire? Your lower teeth must be nearly level then...

Hang in there, congrats on #2 :wink: ]

The assistant makes it sounds like putting in a hook takes 6 years of study :crazy:

chichi

#67 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Oi! Elastics already and a rectangular wire? Your lower teeth must be nearly level then...

Hang in there, congrats on #2 :wink: ]

The assistant makes it sounds like putting in a hook takes 6 years of study :crazy:
My lower teeth really moved a lot with the last wire I had, so I'm hoping now that my uppers have the 0.018 they'll move too.

So, the assistant could probably use a refresher course... one of the hooks came out when I was brushing this morning and the other one is loose. Waiting for their office to open so I can call. Hopefully I'll be able to stop in after work.

mapleleafman888

#68 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Hey what happened with the hook saga? How are the new wires treating you?

chichi

#69 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Hey what happened with the hook saga? How are the new wires treating you?
Well, mapledude, the wires are doing well. So my adjustment was Thursday. On Friday morning, I wanted to raise an army to hunt down my ortho and bring me his head on a platter. It was enough to wake me up a few times on Thursday night and then I had a headache/jaw ache all morning... then sometime Friday afternoon, I realized I wasn't in so much pain anymore. I had a cleaning Saturday morning, which I was a bit nervous about, but it actually hurt less than when I brush/floss at home.

The hook saga...
I called ortho's office on Friday, but they were closed for some reason and the voicemail message said, "If you are having an emergency that absolutely cannot wait until we reopen, call <insert number>"... I figured it wasn't that bad, so I left a message at the regular office number and assumed I'd get a call on Monday. I didn't get a call, which is just as well since they close early on Mondays and I would've had to use sick leave from work to get there in time. So I called yesterday and they fit me in after work. The assistant told me they expect patients to have some issues with these hooks because they're meant to be inserted and removed and sometimes they come loose or fall out (comforting, no?). I've got a new hook now and she finagled with the other one because she thought it might come out, so now I hope I don't need to go back until my next adjustment...

plugnickel69

#70 Post by plugnickel69 »

chichi wrote: one of the hooks came out when I was brushing this morning and the other one is loose.
They're called Kobayashi hooks and there's is more than one way to attach them. When I first got them they loosened immediately and I went back the next day to get them checked and was told they were fine. when I went for my next adjustment three weeks later the assistant saw they were moving around and told me she would replace them and tie them in differently. Those stayed solidly in place for six months until treatment was finished.

chichi

#71 Post by chichi »

plugnickel69 wrote:They're called Kobayashi hooks and there's is more than one way to attach them. When I first got them they loosened immediately and I went back the next day to get them checked and was told they were fine. when I went for my next adjustment three weeks later the assistant saw they were moving around and told me she would replace them and tie them in differently. Those stayed solidly in place for six months until treatment was finished.
I looked up Kobayashi hooks and those look like they're just wires tied around the bracket?

These are called drop-in hooks. The Damon brackets have hole that goes straight through the bracket vertically. It looks like these hooks are threaded through the hole and then bent over the top of the bracket. The part that's bent over seems to be resting in the little ridge that I assume would hold a powerchain.

Norrie

#72 Post by Norrie »

Just getting caught up. I love your braces. Why oh why didn't I do Damons? :wink:
How many adjustments have you had so far? And what's it like to have rubberbands? I'm heading there soon.

chichi

#73 Post by chichi »

Norrie wrote:Just getting caught up. I love your braces. Why oh why didn't I do Damons? :wink:
How many adjustments have you had so far? And what's it like to have rubberbands? I'm heading there soon.
Thanks, Norrie! Sounds like you'll have Damons soon enough :wink:

Sunday will mark my 4th month in braces and I just had my 2nd adjustment last week. That's a benefit of self-ligating brackets - more time between adjustments. So far, my adjustments are every 8 weeks.

The rubberband was a little weird at first, but you get used to it, just like you get used to all the other equipment in your mouth. I take it out to eat and brush so it's not in the way when it matters the most lol. Although, I'm noticing people are staring at my mouth a lot more now that I have it...

chichi

#74 Post by chichi »

A lot of my teeth have been clicky the past few days. It's been 4 weeks since my last adjustment and NOW they decide to start moving around again?

Oh well... at least it doesn't hurt 8)

jtsang

#75 Post by jtsang »

chichi wrote:A lot of my teeth have been clicky the past few days. It's been 4 weeks since my last adjustment and NOW they decide to start moving around again?

Oh well... at least it doesn't hurt 8)

I notice my teeth would get clicky/clacky a week after an adjustment and a week before adjustments... Just weird but I remember reading that's normal...