chichi is braced!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

touchofhiddencharm

Re: chichi is braced!

#136 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Wow. Looking good. My friends are now becoming anxious because when I talk about my teeth, they ask to see them and they don't understand why I'm still in braces. My front gap finally closed this adjustment and my frenectomy is scheduled for next month so I think I will get done before December. She told me at my last appt that she was giving me a deband next adjustment. Hopefully you get yours off by Christmas too. They look GREAT!

touchofhiddencharm

#137 Post by touchofhiddencharm »

Correction: deband date! I'm not getting them off next month.

chichi

#138 Post by chichi »

touchofhiddencharm wrote:Wow. Looking good. My friends are now becoming anxious because when I talk about my teeth, they ask to see them and they don't understand why I'm still in braces. My front gap finally closed this adjustment and my frenectomy is scheduled for next month so I think I will get done before December. She told me at my last appt that she was giving me a deband next adjustment. Hopefully you get yours off by Christmas too. They look GREAT!
Thanks so much! I had an appointment 2 weeks ago that I never posted about because it was pretty uneventful. The ortho put a bend in my wire to fix one of my upper centrals that was longer than the other... and it's been overcorrected and is now shorter than the other one. I'm very much looking forward to the end of the braces. The ortho tells me at every adjustment that I'm doing great and we're right on schedule, so that's exciting, at the very least :)
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Anna5

#139 Post by Anna5 »

WOW, you have made such great progress!

chichi

#140 Post by chichi »

Thanks, Anna!

I had another appointment today. I got a new, tighter, powerchain across the top, but otherwise everything is the same. Best news of the day is that my ortho thinks I'll be finished sometime next month!

SunshineRay

#141 Post by SunshineRay »

Congrats on this almost being over!

mapleleafman888

#142 Post by mapleleafman888 »

That's awesome news! Can't wait to be done with this braces thing as well.
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

mapleleafman888

#143 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Chichi how are things? Any news on a debanding date?

chichi

#144 Post by chichi »

No new news on debanding... we're still tweaking things. I had an adjustment today and the ortho was going to try to torque my top left canine to flare it a little. Unfortunately, this apparently causes ceramic brackets to shatter. He put the appropriate bend in the wire (which already has sooo many bends, as you can see in my picture). As the assistant was putting the wire back in, she was struggling quite a bit with that one tooth. I was hearing crackling sounds, which I thought must have been my teeth because of the amount of pressure she was putting on the tooth. She got the door closed, I sat up, and spit out the hook from that bracket. The ortho came over told her to get me prepped for bracket replacement. We take care of that and the assistant gets the door closed this time, so we think we're good... and then she went to close the door on the next tooth. The top part of the new bracket goes flying off again. The ortho came over and closed the door (which really isn't doing much without the top piece). He asked if I felt pressure, which I was feeling very slightly. He then explained that applying torque sometimes causes the ceramic brackets to shatter, but we're going to leave the broken one in to see if it'll engage the wire a little bit, rather than break a 3rd one. I go back in a week, which is when he'll decide how he wants to handle this. Right now, I'm not feeling any pressure at all, so I'm pretty sure the broken bracket isn't doing anything with the bend in the wire.

On the bright side, I don't have to wear elastics anymore because I don't have that hook...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anna5

#145 Post by Anna5 »

Your teeth look beautiful!!!

chichi

#146 Post by chichi »

I'M DONE!!!!!!

I have a permanent retainer on top and bottom front 6 and I go next week to get my essix-type retainer.

The ortho absolutely shredded my gums when he was removing the glue, so I look forward to seeing what it looks like with less puffy gums. He also plans to do a little more shaping/evening out once things settle down. I'm so glad I did this and I'm very happy with the result.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cdnbracegirl

#147 Post by cdnbracegirl »

Great result! Congratulations! I just got debraced as well. :)

mapleleafman888

#148 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Wow another amazing result chichi I'm happy for you! Two of my braces twins who I've followed since the beginning got debraced today! I hope you and cdnbracegirl stick around long enough to see my deband in march 11th :D

cdnbracegirl

#149 Post by cdnbracegirl »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Wow another amazing result chichi I'm happy for you! Two of my braces twins who I've followed since the beginning got debraced today! I hope you and cdnbracegirl stick around long enough to see my deband in march 11th :D
Of course, I'll still be here. :) I'm psyched for your debrace. I don't think the story ends once braces come off. There is still retainer life which is a whole other story.

chichi

#150 Post by chichi »

mapleleafman888 wrote:Wow another amazing result chichi I'm happy for you! Two of my braces twins who I've followed since the beginning got debraced today! I hope you and cdnbracegirl stick around long enough to see my deband in march 11th :D
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your results! We've been in this together :)

As cdnbracegirl said, retainers are a completely new adventure. So far, I don't like the bonded ones and I have a newfound respect for those who dealt with lingual braces. I'm sure I'll get used to them though, just like I did with everything else in the process. I'm also nervous about getting the removable retainer next week and having to wear that. Eek!