27 and almost my turn for braces!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Helly

27 and almost my turn for braces!

#1 Post by Helly »

So I have been reading posts for a while and been totally envious of other peoples results whilst trying to save up to start my own treatment.

I'm almost 28 and I've always had overcrowding at the bottom of my teeth. I had a removable brace when I was about 12 or 13 just for the top which straightened them out. However as I've got older they have moved again and 1 of my canines came though behind another tooth when I was about 20. Weird!!!

My dentists have always never been particularly good and I felt like I was getting nowhere and would just end up being like this forever.

I feel so self conscious about them and hate looking at photos of myself smiling. And being married to someone with super straight teeth totally annoys me!!

One other thing which spurred me on was my mum, she's in her 60's and is a very proud woman but has started losing her teeth. It's a very difficult thing to talk to her about but I didn't want my overcrowding to cause the same thing to me. I also want to show her the dentist is nothing to be afraid of and hope to help her think about her own situation.

So when i moved house to a new area i found an amazing dentist who was the first person to be totally honest and give me options about what i could do. I saw an Orthodontist who is next door to the dentist who work together and i had a consultation, xrays and photos and he was amazing. I've been working non stop saving and finally on July 2 and July 9 I will have a total of 4 teeth extractions. (2 on each date) and then my clear ceramics applied on July 24th and metal lowers.

So it's predicted I will wear them for 2 years and a retainer long term. But If everything goes to plan I will have them removed on my 30th Birthday and can finally have the smile I have always wanted :HugeGrin:

Angel269

Re: 27 and almost my turn for braces!

#2 Post by Angel269 »

Welcome to the board.

I had upper ceramics and coated archwire to close an midline diastema.

I always hated my teeth but a severe dental phobia prevented me from doing anything. Fast forward to 24 I did it and had them on for 9 months-they have now been off for 3 months and I can honestly say that it has made an unbelievable difference, what with talking to people or having photos taken. I just wish that I never had the dental phobia I had and then I would have done thsi about 12 years earlier!

Feel free to look at my story and see various photos throughout my treatment.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Candyland

#3 Post by Candyland »

Good luck with your braces! I am 26 and just got braces this year. It was just such a relief to finally be doing something about about my smile. It has bothered me for so long but I was of the mindset that only children get braces. It is such a great feeling to find out that there are so many other aldults going through the same thing!

JeniK

#4 Post by JeniK »

Hi...I am 55...grandma of 6...and I cannot wait to get my braces on! I have wanted to do this all my life. Now the kids are raised...I am doing this for myself. :D

Helly

#5 Post by Helly »

I think I will just be glad when they are on and I see changes.

I'm so inspired by all you guys doing this and I hope I can be for others too!

4 weeks to go!!

Helly

#6 Post by Helly »

Angel269 wrote:Welcome to the board.

I had upper ceramics and coated archwire to close an midline diastema.

I always hated my teeth but a severe dental phobia prevented me from doing anything. Fast forward to 24 I did it and had them on for 9 months-they have now been off for 3 months and I can honestly say that it has made an unbelievable difference, what with talking to people or having photos taken. I just wish that I never had the dental phobia I had and then I would have done thsi about 12 years earlier!

Feel free to look at my story and see various photos throughout my treatment.

Angel269 your teeth look amazing! What a difference. You could hardly see your brace either when it was on.