Carla's braces journey!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

carlarae

Carla's braces journey!

#1 Post by carlarae »

The day finally came. I went into the office thinking I'd just be getting my treatment plan explained to me, and then having spacers put in... but apparently I didn't need molar bands and they fit me in for braces that day (yesterday)! I'm happy that I didn't need molar bands, because for some reason, I was thinking they wouldn't include the very last tooth in the brace, and I thought, for my treatment, I needed all my teeth to grow together!

They just have to fix some crowding, and as my teeth level out, so will my overbite. I still can't believe my teeth will be changing how they look, and I won't have an overbite anymore. Crazy! I'll also be needing some filing between the teeth later on, which is fine. And I'll be wearing rubberbands too. I just can't wait to watch them straighten out!

I got all metal brackets, and they feel how I imagined they'd feel. And they look how I thought they'd look! I didn't want clear because I actually like the way metal looks. I also didn't want to worry about the bands staining, or having ceramic and the possibility they could shatter (it gets and stays pretty cold in MN for 6 months out of the year, who knows!) I got 2 "bumper" type things over the bracket, where my teeth touch. Because my front teeth touch that, I don't/can't really close my mouth all the way, or bite together. My teeth aren't sore, unless I clench them together, or chew. I could eat "just fine" last night, but I worry about breaking a bracket... I don't know how tough I can be yet. But my front teeth kinda scrape the bottom brackets/bumpers, so it's not too pleasant to chew yet. My teeth just feel tight, that's about it. But when I chew, they knock together, and that's a little more painful.

Anyway, onto the pictures! I have the ones they took before braces, and then with braces on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

carlarae

Re: Carla's braces journey!

#2 Post by carlarae »

Here's more pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

carlarae

#3 Post by carlarae »

One more... To see how the teeth look with braces and wires!

Tobilei

#4 Post by Tobilei »

Congratulations :) Yay for being braced! They look good :mrgreen:

rhibee83

#5 Post by rhibee83 »

great work!! they look nice :) your teeth will be straight before you know it :) and you got silver ligs like me! :thumbsup: