My Metal-Mouth Journey!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

joeyyeo

My Metal-Mouth Journey!

#1 Post by joeyyeo »

Finally stopped procrastinating and started my blog.
I'm Joey, 16 from Singapore :) I've been lurking around these forums for a long time even before I got my braces, it's a bad habit of mine to obsess over stuff for a short period of time. It's been 4 weeks since I've gotten my braces, I've extracted 4 pre-molars, estimated treatment time 20-24 months. My top teeth look straight, but I have an overjet which caused my mouth to be open 99% of the time, and my bottom teeth are really wonky. I'm too lazy to type out the entire bracing process (spacers, extractions, molar bands, the whole package!), so feel free to ask any questions.

So far I haven't had any real pain with braces, the worst part was probably the spacers but I cleared that eating porridge and soft foods everyday :) I finally took some photos, sorry they look horrible but my camera is currently unaccessible to me. Taken using my computer's webcam. I didn't have any real before photos, so I just digged out a photo from last time and cropped out my smile :) I'm getting my bottom braces in 2 weeks time! Really excited :D

Before:
185406_3610538821997_1416114185_n.jpg
Top brackets (this is not my natural smile I was just really awkward hahaha):
Photo on 15-4-13 at 10.45 PM.jpg
Top teeth in line with bottom jaw brought forward:
Photo on 15-4-13 at 10.50 PM.jpg
I hope I stay true to this blog, I hope to update it every adjustment or so.

Also, please suggest some lig colours! I'm willing to experiment with anything since I'm still in school and stuff, if you would like to see some colours before trying them out just let me know I'll get them when I go for my next adjustment :D Still wondering what to choose for my adjustment in 2 weeks, suggestions? (:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Upper braces off after 636 days!

rhibee83

Re: My Metal-Mouth Journey!

#2 Post by rhibee83 »

I love the purple ligs :) looking very cool!

I am going to try baby pink ligs in 4 weeks! i think they are cute :) I am 30 and think oh well, why not! hahaha

your braces look great :)

Tobilei

#3 Post by Tobilei »

I agree, your braces look great! You're going to have amazing teeth when you're done, they're so nice already!

My daughter has had quite a few of the colours. I really loved the hot pink but it wasn't her favourite for some reason (that being said I was surprised when she told me the only colour she's liked has been silver-she's almost 14 and I thought she'd be all about the colours!)

Welcome to the board :)

joeyyeo

#4 Post by joeyyeo »

rhibee83 wrote:I love the purple ligs :) looking very cool!

I am going to try baby pink ligs in 4 weeks! i think they are cute :) I am 30 and think oh well, why not! hahaha

your braces look great :)
Got bored of purple in like 2 hours hahaha. I actually wanted alternating colours but when my ortho asked me what colour I wanted I just froze there and said purple! I'm going to try pink and yellow alternating in 2 weeks time (: since you already have braces, why not have fun with the colours! :D

joeyyeo

#5 Post by joeyyeo »

Tobilei wrote:I agree, your braces look great! You're going to have amazing teeth when you're done, they're so nice already!

My daughter has had quite a few of the colours. I really loved the hot pink but it wasn't her favourite for some reason (that being said I was surprised when she told me the only colour she's liked has been silver-she's almost 14 and I thought she'd be all about the colours!)

Wow your daughter sure sounds a lot more mature than me! I behave more like a 10 year old, excited about every little thing, not sure if that's a good or bad thing! I hope to try every single colour there is by the end of my two years, will not pick any more single colours until I get full power chains whereby I don't get the luxury of alternating ligs anymore :(

I currently have a power chain on half of my canine to my back molars to close up extraction spaces, with one extra loop where the gap is because it would be too right if she didn't leave the gap.

Tobilei

#6 Post by Tobilei »

joeyyeo wrote:
Tobilei wrote:I agree, your braces look great! You're going to have amazing teeth when you're done, they're so nice already!

Wow your daughter sure sounds a lot more mature than me! I behave more like a 10 year old, excited about every little thing, not sure if that's a good or bad thing! I hope to try every single colour there is by the end of my two years, will not pick any more single colours until I get full power chains whereby I don't get the luxury of alternating ligs anymore :(

I currently have a power chain on half of my canine to my back molars to close up extraction spaces, with one extra loop where the gap is because it would be too right if she didn't leave the gap.
Haha, she's more mature than me too when it comes to braces (not so much the rest of the time :P). She's barely complained at all about hers, me? I'm always in my husbands ear, or whinging on here, or in at the ortho's office complaining about something or other that's hurting like mad or driving me crazy!

joeyyeo

#7 Post by joeyyeo »

Tobilei: I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who hasn't really experienced much real pain after spacers, it's been a breeze so far! I hope I can still say that after my adjustment next next week with the bottom row braced :P but I guess I do have a pretty pain tolerance so it doesn't really bother me :)

joeyyeo

#8 Post by joeyyeo »

Yay for teeth moving! I'm very sure that my teeth are moving because I can feel my extraction gaps are getting smaller and there is definitely extra wire out the back! It's not poking me or anything because my ortho bent it towards my teeth and she surely did a good job because I don't feel anything unless I play with it with my tongue :P

But now I am in a state whereby my legs hurt more than anything else. Went all out at the gym yesterday, feeling the effects now. Ouch :(

Tobilei

#9 Post by Tobilei »

Oh yes, gym legs hurt like nothing else!

I thought I had a pretty good pain tolerance but either I don't or my braces just hate me (I'm going with my braces hate me :P).

My ortho bent my first wire behind my teeth too. I loved it like that! I asked him to do it to this wire but he said it's too thick to do that with :cry:

Glad to hear there's definite movement :mrgreen:

joeyyeo

#10 Post by joeyyeo »

Tobilei wrote:Oh yes, gym legs hurt like nothing else!

I thought I had a pretty good pain tolerance but either I don't or my braces just hate me (I'm going with my braces hate me :P).

My ortho bent my first wire behind my teeth too. I loved it like that! I asked him to do it to this wire but he said it's too thick to do that with :cry:

You mean I can't have this comfort forever? :( my legs don't ache so bad anymore but I ran 2.4km today in the morning in an attempt to lose weight.
11 more days till my bottom braces go on! Whoopee I'm excited :)

Tobilei

#11 Post by Tobilei »

joeyyeo wrote:
Tobilei wrote:Oh yes, gym legs hurt like nothing else!

You mean I can't have this comfort forever? :( my legs don't ache so bad anymore but I ran 2.4km today in the morning in an attempt to lose weight.
11 more days till my bottom braces go on! Whoopee I'm excited :)
You might! Plenty of people on here don't get pain from their braces :) I've just had a rough time with mine (lucky me :roll: ).

rhibee83

#12 Post by rhibee83 »

My pain is still there but cannot feel the pressure anymore like I could at the start, no rubbing brackets anymore either, but teeth are still extremely tender!

joeyyeo

#13 Post by joeyyeo »

@tobilei: hopefully! I've been lucky so far, hopefully Lady Luck is by my side this whole 2 years :D
@rhibee: don't worry I think it's normal because my teeth are still tender even after 5 weeks. Only my front few teeth though.

Whoop just finished a gym session! Exhausted.

joeyyeo

#14 Post by joeyyeo »

Tomorrow is the day! My first adjustment and the bracing of my lower teeth :D I've decided what I'm going to do for the colours, I'm just gonna tell my ortho to put random colours, a different one for each tooth and see how it comes out :D It'll also give me a good idea of what colours she has and how it looks on teeth, so it'll help me decide easier when it comes to making more colour choices down the road!

Also, I'm curious about why there is so much excess wire on my right side but none on my left at all. I think my teeth move very unevenly :(

Tobilei

#15 Post by Tobilei »

I have the same thing. My ortho said it's because there were more gaps and spaces around that side so it's moving more. The other side is also moving, just doesn't need to move as much :)