Finally Got Them!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chicken

Re: Finally Got Them!

#31 Post by Chicken »

Thank you

Sailrgrl

#32 Post by Sailrgrl »

Chicken, my top front teeth were hitting my bottom brackets too. First they tried the build ups on the molars but my bite is so deep, it still wasn't enough and they didn't want to build them up any higher, so the ortho ended up actually grinding away a bit of the bottom brackets and it worked like a charm!

Chicken

#33 Post by Chicken »

Adjustment Update:

Woo hoo I don't need to wear elastics any more. I was just wearing them during the night, but it is one less thing to deal with. They changed both wires and the wire lacing on the top arch which includes the teeth that had the wire loops as well. Thank goodness I don't need those loops any more. They were a pain to floss around. The tech slipped with some tool in my mouth which was quite painful :-(( and knocked a bracket off one of my molars, which she said will be ok to wait to reapply during my next adjustment. My ortho was away doing a class, so I had an old fella who was substituting, check her work. I am not sure whether I am ok with that. She said that my next appointment will be a long one as they will be working on final tweaking whatever that means. However I did enjoy hearing the word FINAL :D . I still have a ways to go but I am always hopeful that my sentence will be commuted :gavel: . I am really not a patient person and these contraptions are wearing my patience pretty thin.

Any way I am posting my post adjustment pic, the elastics have helped my bite I am just a bit worried that it may drift back to where I started.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tlal23

#34 Post by Tlal23 »

They look amazing!

Pandac

#35 Post by Pandac »

Congrats!

beckyboo0205

#36 Post by beckyboo0205 »

FINAL! Final is a good word! Teeth look great!!!!

Chicken

#37 Post by Chicken »

Hello everyone I had my adjustment today and it happens to be my one year anniversary with braces. Today they repositioned three brackets, did some IPR between my bottom front teeth and changed the wires and took an xray. He asked how I was doing and I told him I would feel much better if I saw some light at the end of this tunnel. Then WOOHOO!!!!, sorry can't contain my excitement!

He said that I have one more adjustment to go, which will be 4-29-14, then the next appointment they will be OFFSKIES!!!!!

That is the best news I have had this year! :D :jump: :gavel: :-#) :-*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

parsleysage

#38 Post by parsleysage »

WOW chicken!!! After you commented in my post about the diastema I started reading your story and your teeth look AMAZING!!!! :dance: Simply amazing. I see the dentist tomorrow and I am so excited to get started with braces I could just burst! Your last updated pic was simply awesome. I am so excited to see the final product once you are debraced!

Chicken

#39 Post by Chicken »

Thank you parslysage. I am excited to see my bare teeth too. I will look forward to following your story. It is wonderful to see peoples smile transformations. Good luck :D

beckyboo0205

#40 Post by beckyboo0205 »

YAY!!!! So you'll be getting them off early!?

Maybe I should say I need a light at the end of the tunnel and ask at my appointment too! I would looooove to get mine off early!

Chicken

#41 Post by Chicken »

He did say 15-18 months I am guestimating the end of June. You should definitely ask. It will be earlier than the 18 month mark. Let me know what he says.

beckyboo0205

#42 Post by beckyboo0205 »

Oh yeah, I guess I read that you'd be getting them off on April 29, but June is still great! That's when I want mine off! HA

Chicken

#43 Post by Chicken »

Final Adjustment!!!

Well I didn't get seating what ever that was. I am thankful, I am sure.
I had a new wire on the bottom after some IPR and a power chain and I am wearing class ii elastics 24/7. My molars do not touch. I will be going back on 12th June to get impressions, then not sure what happens. Tried to eat a T-Bone tonight, to sore to finish it my husband and dog got the other half. :cry:

Updated photo. On the home stretch.

parsleysage

#44 Post by parsleysage »

Wowowow! Gorgeous teeth!!!! Great result, Chicken. :)

Chicken

#45 Post by Chicken »

Thanks parslysage. Do you have a date yet?