Story of anxious Mylovetheeth

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mylovedtheeth

Story of anxious Mylovetheeth

#1 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

It's time to start my story. I'm 28 years old girl. In the fact I'm scientist, discipline: chemistry. This is not so far from orthodontics science so my ortho better do not make a fool of me (I' just kidding :lol: )
The main reason of treatment was my upper first molar after root canal many years ago, and now is in bad condition with root resorption and permanent gum inflammation around it. Dentist says time of this tooth in my mouth is ending. The fact is I have serious crowding in that region, premolar is at the plate. And the hypothesis was extract molar and replace it with premolar and second molar. despite of that I have another crowding, cross-bite, protrusion and asymmetrical face.
After consultation with ortho the hypothesis is a real goal. We are able to do that. But despite of that my bite is very bad, couple times complicated, basically to solve all problems I need two jaw surgery and 4 teeth extraction. But surgery has a high risk of complication, huge interference and long convalescence time so the compromise is an option.
The compromise is upper first molar, upper pre-molar on the other side and lower incisor extraction, braces 24 months.
I went to other consultation but second ortho made bad impression,and third ortho says mostly the same as first ortho: the situation is bad and only compromise is possible, even she's not sure she can help me.
So I went through compromised plan first ortho.
I'm after lower incisor extraction and have lower braces. After upper extraction in arch next week I have upper braces.
Also I'm after power chain cutting by myself :GapToothed: , extra visit with ortho, back with new brand power chain and pain again.
My teeth are moving and start to look better I see a light at the tunnel.

I'm scared as hell of next week. Appointment with surgeon for upper molar extraction is booked :crazy:

That's my smile:

Doesn't look bad, does it? For ortho is a little disaster :) specially right side, left is quite good.
I'm debraced after 2 rears and 1 weak of treatment.

Tobilei

Re: Story of anxious Mylovetheeth

#2 Post by Tobilei »

You're right, your smile looks just fine :) But sometimes there are problems we can't see like you have. Good luck with the extraction. I get anxiety too and while they're not pleasant, they're really not as bad as they were when we were young!

Mylovedtheeth

#3 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

Ow, I can see it and feel it, right side is not for biting, till now I was using only left side to chew food but other people are startled seeing me braced.

Tobilei

#4 Post by Tobilei »

You got metal braces? Nobody much notices mine. People seem surprised when I tell them I have them.

Yes, I have to chew only on one side frequently because the other is too sore. It passes though :)

Mylovedtheeth

#5 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

Yes, its metal ones but not standard still don't know which exactly, I'm always forgetting to ask. At first I want ceramic upper and lower but then I had a dream :lol: and woke up with a thought: not ceramic, just metal! then open my computer and start to read opinion, advantages and disadvantages of both ones and find out: no coffee and tea witch ceramic because aesthetic effect get lost and teeth will look yellow, in addition ceramic ones are bigger and not as easy with operate as metal. Summarizing only advantage of ceramic is aesthetic effect but get lost with a tones of coffee and tea I drink. So my dreamed metal is my decision :D .
E = m c^2
Energy = milk and twice coffee :)

Tobilei

#6 Post by Tobilei »

Haha, yes, I love my coffee! And tomato soup. I have self ligating bracekts on the top (they don't need the little bands that stain) so they don't stain at all. I've been lucky with my bottom one's. I get smoke coloured bands and they haven't stained on me yet either (although I had an emergency appointment the other day and the orthodontist I saw wasn't mine and he's put clear one's on so I'm sure they're going to look awful pretty soon!)

My daughter has all metal. Mine are definitely larger but I don't know if they rub more or not. I have nothing to compare them to :P.

EbonyQ

#7 Post by EbonyQ »

How are your teeth? better? :D

[/url]

Mylovedtheeth

#8 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

Today excellent. No pain of front teeth with power chain :D only a little sore of premolars when flossing but that's a peace of cake now :D I'm getting prepared for Thursday when I have upper molar extraction :yikes:

Tobilei

#9 Post by Tobilei »

Glad they're feeling better today! Good luck for the extraction. I'm sure it will all be fine.

Mylovedtheeth

#10 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

So tomorrow is my extraction day. Yesterday I may catch cold but take a lot of vitamins and other natural product for good self-immunity and today I feel little weak but no sore throat. Mostly I feel just fine. There won't be much difference if I cancel this extraction today or tomorrow so gonna to go and tell doctor about the symptoms, see what she says.

KrisMiss

#11 Post by KrisMiss »

I had a cold when I had my wisdom teeth extracted. It didn't seem to matter (except blowing my nose made the place where my teeth had been hurt).

Mylovedtheeth

#12 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

Hello,
This time things haven't go well to me. After last tooth extraction dry socket has formed again and I was wrinkling in pain for a week and next week pain start to reduce. In addition my 3 wisdom teeth decided to grow also giving pain hardly to bearable. :cry: that's not end, I have problems with cleaning witch result local gum inflammation. I'm taking antibiotics and a lot of pain killers. My pain can be related to anxiety because one place stop hurts another starts. I could only have hope it will go away someday.

Tobilei

#13 Post by Tobilei »

I'm sorry you're in pain and struggling :( There's times where this whole thing can just get you down, but those times do pass and in the long run it will all be worth it.

I hope you feel better soon.

Mylovedtheeth

#14 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

I'm after last extraction, first premolar, this time surgeon sew up the wound. I keep my fingers crossed and hope everything will be good :) I was so scared of complication that I shivered at the dental chair yesterday and call ortho before is that so really needed (that's third time I done that :roll: ) - there was.

Unfortunately it could not be last extraction, because my left lower wisdom tooth don't look good due to surgeon, there's lack of space and from time to time painful inflammation occur but now at least one month break for extraction, I will ask ortho at the next appointment is there hope for that tooth or not, although I remember he says if it is painful there should be no hesitation and extraction.

Mylovedtheeth

#15 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

So I suffer for a serious anxiety issues. For example different pain inside of mouth, gums and teeth :o One pain is gone another occurs :shock: :shock: But things go better now. They do my blood test in a case I have some systemic disease but results are fine. No inflammation even :o So everything is in my mind and here's the problem.

I've canceled bracing day of my uppers three times in a row :yuck: :crazy: I' so scared but..... last time I have third adjustment of my lowers and guess what! the pain was gone in a couple of hours! and now is even better than before, I can eat, chew, teeth are tender of course but not in painful way. Maybe this experience give me a courage needed to braced uppers :)