Hello everyone! I got my Six Month Smiles!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

paulas1

Re: Hello everyone! I got my Six Month Smiles!

#31 Post by paulas1 »

That's amazing Duendicilla, you are making so much progress. I'm getting a little frustrated with mine. My bottom teeth were overcrowded so i had a bit of filing done. Now there are 2 little gaps which don't seem to be closing. I had a power chain put on a week ago but doesn't seem to be doing much. I hope my dentist didn't take too much off them.

My teeth don't ache or feel tender either which I strangely miss! I always felt that the pain was a sign that something was happening! Hopefully I'll see some more progress when I go in for my 3rd adjustment

StaceyG

#32 Post by StaceyG »

Your teeth are looking fantastic Duendicilla!!!!

How are you getting on now?

I have had 6MS for 11 days now....

Stacey (from Scotland)

:D

Angel269

#33 Post by Angel269 »

Great progress, can't wait to see more progress pics :-)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Hanka01

#34 Post by Hanka01 »

Wow! Your progress is amazing. I am 6 days in to my 6 month smile and am still adjusting. It is getting easier. Seeing your results sure is encouraging.

Duendecilla

#35 Post by Duendecilla »

Thank you all for your answers! These last weeks I am going more often to the dentist since they are the final ones :) I am going again in a couple of hours. Last week he put a double power chain in the uppers and the pain was terrible for the following days but also the progress was great :) I will upload pictures after the visit. You will see the huge improvement!

@Paulas1, how are you getting on?

@StaceyG, how are your teeth now? I am sure the first week was the worse but then you start getting used to it. You will see you won't be as bad again after the 1st month (which is the worst).

@Hanka01 I am glad to hear you are getting better. Have you seen any progress so far?

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

Chaaguila

#36 Post by Chaaguila »

Wow love the progress can't wait to see final results

Duendecilla

#37 Post by Duendecilla »

Hi all,

Thank you for your words, Chaaguila :)

I have the date for the debonding: 25th of July! But honestly I am a bit disappointed. My teeth weren't too bad before the treatment and I am not seeing the results I expected. I am less than a month before the end and I still see one tooth in the lowers which won't move... Also each tooth is in a different so they look like mountains, they have not the normal form overall if you know what I mean... What do you think? The dentist told me I can be more time than the 6 months if I am not happy with the results but honesty I am sick of the braces! I have seen much worse cases than mine with better results in less time :(

BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH
3rd MONTH
4th MONTH
5th MONTH
BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH
3rd MONTH
4th MONTH
5th MONTH
BEFORE
1st MONTH
2nd MONTH
3rd MONTH
4th MONTH
5th MONTH

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

Hanka01

#38 Post by Hanka01 »

Wow. I think they look great. I've seen others mention that their teeth are filed or reshaped once the braces come off so maybe that will happen for you. Be sure to ask if you are not satisfied. Even though we only have them for 6 months it still costs us a lol of money and we deserve 100% satisfaction.

I'm 2.5 weeks into my 6MS and haven't seen much progress beyond yellow donuts from coffee.

Duendecilla

#39 Post by Duendecilla »

Thank you Hanka01, you are right!

Are you taking pictures of them? Believe it is the best way to see if there are changes or not! How are you feeling? The pain is gone? 5 months later I still hurt myself when I talk too much :( I want them gone!! Haha

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

paulas1

#40 Post by paulas1 »

I'm really sick of mine too, the mouth ulcers really run me down. I'm tired and hungry all of the time!

I think your teeth will look much better once they've been filed and shaped. I also fear that mine won't be perfect when they come off. Dentist thinks bottom are ready but I disagree. Sometimes I wish i'd gone for traditional braces but the thought of having braces for a year was way too daunting at the time.

Have you considered insisting that the braces stay on until you're happy? Some people leave them on for 9 months. They look really good now but maybe you should wait until you're 100% happy?

peppy

#41 Post by peppy »

They are looking great. The teeth get filed and shaped at the end, so I wouldn't worry about that. I have one tooth on my bottoms that was always set back a little so it wasn't as worn down as the others. Now it's in line, it's sticks up higher! Tsk!

I would talk to your dentist about the little changes you want to make. I had my final wires on last adjustment and he asked me to make notes about any small changes I want to see so he can address them in the final stages. I think I could have mine off in August, but I think I will try and keep them until September to fix a couple of things if they don't get sorted before the August appointment.

As for your progress, compare your 5 month photo to your 1st and the progress is amazing. My photos look much more drastic because I had a more obvious problem, but that doesn't mean the movement has been any less important in your case.

(I will upload my photos tonight... I promise!)
Debraced on Friday 20th September 2013!

Loving my new smile :-D

Duendecilla

#42 Post by Duendecilla »

THE day got postponed 2 weeks for the uppers, my dentist thinks they still need more time and is creating space in between the molars of one of the sides. It was a bit disappointing because I had told already everyone that was the final date.

On the other hand, I will do have the lowers off on the 25th :) He will put a fixed retainer behind the teeth and will make the removable ones when they takes the uppers off.

I will upload pictures on the 25th to show you the results!! :)

How are yours, guys, going?

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

Hanka01

#43 Post by Hanka01 »

Don't be disappointed about the delay. They are just trying to make your teeth as close to perfect as they can. I think you have had some amazing progress and you should be super excited!

I had my 1st adjustment on the 11th and was so happy to get fresh clean pretty ligs/donuts! The dentist showed me the comparison photos and I am pleased with the progress.

Good luck on the 25th!

Duendecilla

#44 Post by Duendecilla »

Thank you Hanka01 :) Do you have pictures of yours? It's amazing how fast they move, isn't it? :) Good luck with yours!

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here

Duendecilla

#45 Post by Duendecilla »

I GOT THE LOWERS OFF! It is a great feeling, I can't imagine when the uppers are off as well!! My gums are quite irritated though, he said it is normal.

BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here