Bikerchick85's Quest for a Perfect Smile *With Pics!*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bikerchick85

Re: Bikerchick85's Quest for a Perfect Smile *With Pics!*

#16 Post by Bikerchick85 »

I had my first adjustment today!! :D
They changed my top wire to a rectangluar 018 and repositioned two brackets, which didn't hurt at all!!
I finally got those annoying cleats sanded all the way off the lingual side of my molar bands! I hated those things!!
I also got spacers on the bottom! I'll be getting my bottom braces this coming Monday the 11th! I'm soo excited!
I decided to go with metal for the lowers after the negative things I read about ceramics on the lower arch chipping top teeth, etc! And this will save me $300! hehehe
I asked my orthodontist about how much more my front teeth would be retracted into my extraction spaces and she told me that we wouldn't start retracting until 2 more adjustments were made. Then I would have control on the amount of retraction. Once I was happy with retraction we would start moving the molars forward! They make this stuff sound so easy when it seems so complicated to me!
Right now we are working on aligning and leveling the teeth. My molars need to catch on the leveling.
Can't wait til Monday! I will post pics of my bottom braces when I get them on!

**Thank you to Tobilei, starfish88, and GillyWeed for the compliments! I love the support system this forum offers!! I am addicted to this forum! I look at it 100 times a day or more! LOL!

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

Bikerchick85

#17 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Lower arch Before...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tobilei

#18 Post by Tobilei »

Yay for a pain free adjustment! I'm hoping my next one might be as it's barely been a month since my last (trying to tie my appointments in with my daughters). Woo for getting the bottoms on too! I read about people having their teeth chip with clear bottoms too, but went for them anyway (my ortho told me I'd be fine to have them though). My upper teeth don't hit the bottom brackets at all so no chipping so far (honestly though, it's rare that anyone would notice I had anything on the bottom teeth anyway).

Lol at being addicted. I check it all the time too!

Bikerchick85

#19 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Tobilei wrote:Yay for a pain free adjustment! I'm hoping my next one might be as it's barely been a month since my last (trying to tie my appointments in with my daughters). Woo for getting the bottoms on too! I read about people having their teeth chip with clear bottoms too, but went for them anyway (my ortho told me I'd be fine to have them though). My upper teeth don't hit the bottom brackets at all so no chipping so far (honestly though, it's rare that anyone would notice I had anything on the bottom teeth anyway).

Lol at being addicted. I check it all the time too!
I spoke too soon! I woke up at 5:30am and my whole mouth was throbbing!! I think its from the spacers they put in the bottom! I wanted to cry! I don't think I'll be eating anything that requires chewing for a few days!! :( Oh well! It's all totally worth the pain!
I think your ceramics look great on the bottom! I just didn't want to take a chance with them because my teeth have been clashing with my overbite coming closer together. And they extra money I saved makes it a plus! My ortho thanked me for changing my mind! LOL
Your teeth are looking good! Making good progress! :)

Ellabelle

#20 Post by Ellabelle »

Oh, poor girl. :( hang in there, it'll totally be worth it. Your teeth are looking great and that's so exciting you'll get your bottoms on on the 11th! Good call on the metal. I bet you're counting down the days til the bloody spacers come off. Keep us posted!

Tobilei

#21 Post by Tobilei »

Oh no!!!

I did the same thing when I got mine on. 4 hours in I was a little too happy that I wasn't feeling anything and thought things were going to be real easy for me. 30 minutes later I was in all kinds of misery and agony and have had trouble ever since! Hopefully the spacers will stop hurting soon :( I've not had spacers so I can't help out with any tips.

And thank you :) Most of my progress seems to be around the sides while the front stays looking exactly the same! I love the lower ceramics but yes, my bite was all normal beforehand. None of my kids are candidates for all clears either. Better to be safe than sorry and no one much ever sees the bottoms but me anyway.

Bikerchick85

#22 Post by Bikerchick85 »

I got my lowers on today! Soo Happy to get rid of those spacers! It was instant pain relief as soon as they were removed! I'll post pics as soon as I do my cleaning routine tonite! These don't look so pretty cause they are so crooked! LoL! Hopefully they are straight by my next appointment in April! Has it been 24 months yet ??! :crazy:

Bikerchick85

#23 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Here's my two month update on the uppers! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bikerchick85

#24 Post by Bikerchick85 »

And here are the pics of the lower braces! They've already moved a little in 3 days!!

Tobilei

#25 Post by Tobilei »

Uppers are looking awesome!! I bet your lowers catch up in no time :mrgreen:

anaore

#26 Post by anaore »

I don't know why i cant see case pictures here :shock: Is it just me or something wrong with this forum?

Bikerchick85

#27 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Anaore :) you have to post 7 times and after that your name will turn green and you can see pics :) Welcome to the forum!

Bikerchick85

#28 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Ugh... I'm getting a little down with these braces... Things seemed to have slowed down alot! My lowers aren't moving nearly as fast as the uppers! Although I suppose I have unrealistic expectations since I've only had the lowers 10 days! I guess I'm just ready to be done!! I really really REALLY hope this doesn't take as long as quoted! :(

Tobilei

#29 Post by Tobilei »

(((hugs))) I go through those days (or sometimes a few days in a row) feeling like that too, just wishing I could take them off for a couple of hours and have a break (but then I'd probably never put them back on again). Hope things are feeling a little better soon.

Bikerchick85

#30 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Here's an update on the lowers!!