Bikerchick85's Quest for a Perfect Smile *With Pics!*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rhibee83

Re: Bikerchick85's Quest for a Perfect Smile *With Pics!*

#46 Post by rhibee83 »

Hi Bikerchick :) I just came across your story and realise you have had 4 premolars extracted like me :) it makes me feel happy cos your overbite and lower arch are kinda like mine, and my ortho too is also retracting my front teeth and then stopping to where i like and will bring the back molars forward. this makes me happy cos i have read so many bad things about tooth extraction and knowing that the ortho will control the retraction makes me happy! :) :thumbsup:

your teeth look beautiful and you will have such a lovely smile afterwards :)

feel free to check out my storie below.

:)

Bikerchick85

#47 Post by Bikerchick85 »

rhibee83 wrote:Hi Bikerchick :) I just came across your story and realise you have had 4 premolars extracted like me :) it makes me feel happy cos your overbite and lower arch are kinda like mine, and my ortho too is also retracting my front teeth and then stopping to where i like and will bring the back molars forward. this makes me happy cos i have read so many bad things about tooth extraction and knowing that the ortho will control the retraction makes me happy!
OMG, Rhibee! Your teeth do look really similar to mine! It looks like you could've stolen the pics of my lower arch :) hehe! It is comforting when they let you have some control of your treatment. Do you have your xray of your profile? When I went to my adjustment a week ago, my ortho explained how they judge how much retraction they'll do and it gave me some peace of mind. If you don't have your profile xray, take a look at mine... See how my teeth stick out past my forehead? Ideally, they like the teeth to be parallel with the forehead. I think when you hear about extractions going wrong, it is because they were done on someone with little to no crowding or they weren't protrusive. Or maybe the teeth were simply pulled back past the forehead. Who knows? I'm certainly no orthodontist! LOL! Good luck with your treatment! I'll be keeping an eye on your progress! Post lots of pics! :-#)

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

rhibee83

#48 Post by rhibee83 »

OMG, Rhibee! Your teeth do look really similar to mine! It looks like you could've stolen the pics of my lower arch :) hehe! It is comforting when they let you have some control of your treatment. Do you have your xray of your profile? When I went to my adjustment a week ago, my ortho explained how they judge how much retraction they'll do and it gave me some peace of mind. If you don't have your profile xray, take a look at mine... See how my teeth stick out past my forehead? Ideally, they like the teeth to be parallel with the forehead. I think when you hear about extractions going wrong, it is because they were done on someone with little to no crowding or they weren't protrusive. Or maybe the teeth were simply pulled back past the forehead. Who knows? I'm certainly no orthodontist! LOL! Good luck with your treatment! I'll be keeping an eye on your progress! Post lots of pics! :-#)[/quote]

Hehe i know! we are nearly twins lol! No, I didn’t get an xray of my profile :shock: i hope that doesn’t make a difference! Only got the big wide xray done. I am sure my ortho knows what he is doing so hopefully i will be ok lol.

This is week 2 for me (for my upper arch being braced anyway) going ok, teeth seemed to have calmed down lately, they were really wobbly and so so sore. Still cannot bite on my front teeth but maybe as they are feeling a bit better i wil give it another go soon with some soft bread :)

So glad we can relate to our stories, YAY!
:jump: :dance:

Bikerchick85

#49 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Hey everyone! I've been MIA for a little while. :) sorry! I've missed everyone though and I've still been peeking at the site occasionally! Just a little update... I had another adjustment today. :) my ortho was impressed with the amount of movement I had after my last adjustment! I got new power chains on top and bottom from canine to molar on both sides. They gave me a heavier wire on the bottom and kept the same one on top. The ortho assistant accidentally knocked one of my lower brackets off trying to put the powerchain on. Luckily I didn't feel it. :D My teeth are really hurting this evening! :( they were hurting as soon as I left the appointment, actually! Oh yeah, they laced my bottom front teeth together with a figure 8 looking wire because they were spreading apart at the canines from the previous round of power chains. I'm still in the leveling phase but we are working on closing spaces! Ortho said the upper gaps have about 4 mm's of space to close, but they are 50% closed! YAY!!! :o she didn't mention the lowers but I think they are more than half way closed. She said my lowers are moving faster than my uppers and its usually the other way around. Anyway...i'm so happy with my progress. I will post pictures ASAP! There hasn't been any crazy changes so I haven't taken any pics lately. Hope everyone is well!

SunshineRay

#50 Post by SunshineRay »

Your teeth have rounded out so nicely already!

Anna5

#51 Post by Anna5 »

Hi Bickerchick!

You made great progress already, congratulations! I hope they will be levelling your lower teeth soon with success.
Good luck on your treatment, I defnitetely keep following your progress!

rhibee83

#52 Post by rhibee83 »

so glad to hear that everything is on track and going well for you :) your teeth are looking fantastic!!!

JeniK

#53 Post by JeniK »

WOW Bikerchick....from just reading your post this morning...and your pics...looking good! I find it amazing how fast some of the changes are!! I hope I am as succesfull with mine!! Keep up the good work!!

Bikerchick85

#54 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Thanks Everyone :) Here are the promised updated pics! Sorry it took so long! I'm a little past the 5 month mark. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bikerchick85

Re: Bikerchick85's Quest for a Perfect Smile*UPDATED With Pi

#55 Post by Bikerchick85 »

More Pics...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bikerchick85

#56 Post by Bikerchick85 »

And Some More....

Kipepeo

#57 Post by Kipepeo »

Looking very nice!

djspeece

#58 Post by djspeece »

What fabulous progress! Congratulations.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Bikerchick85

#59 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Rant of the day!! My teeth have been soo sore since my last adjustment.. It's been 22 days and they still hurt! :cry: I can tell some changes have happened in that short amount of time with my bite, and I think my gaps have closed up a teeny tiny bit. I suppose that's why they are sore. My jaw muscles have been achy too. I'm having a pity party for myself today. I keep wishing that I'll get lucky and only have to have these torture devices for 12-18 months and not 24! ugh!! I guess I'll wait and see what they have in store for me at my next adjustment July 24th. I have a cleaning on July 30th, for which I cannot wait! I love my dentist and my teeth feel yucky. I really need to invest in a SoniCare! I hope everyone is having a better day than me. :) I'm done b****ing. :)

JeniK

#60 Post by JeniK »

Sorry you are still having pain! Your teeth look amazing! I see everyone's pictures on here and I always think....I hope I have such great results too!!