Bikerchick85's Quest for a Perfect Smile *With Pics!*

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rhibee83

Re: Bikerchick85's Quest for a Perfect Smile *With Pics!*

#61 Post by rhibee83 »

HI TWINNIE! haha, your teeth are looking AMAZING!!!! :-* can't wait till mine look that good, its only been 2 months for me hehe :D

Bikerchick85

#62 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Hello my Teeth Twin!! :) Thank you!! Yours will in no time!! It goes by so fast!! I hope all is well!!

MY STORY.. http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43860

*4 Premolar Extractions-Nov. 29th, 2012*
*Upper Ceramic Braces-Dec. 11, 2012*
*Lower Metal Braces-Feb. 11th, 2013*
*Est. Sentence-24 months*

NeilH

#63 Post by NeilH »

Bikerchick85 wrote:Rant of the day!! My teeth have been soo sore since my last adjustment.. It's been 22 days and they still hurt! :cry: I can tell some changes have happened in that short amount of time with my bite, and I think my gaps have closed up a teeny tiny bit. I suppose that's why they are sore. My jaw muscles have been achy too. I'm having a pity party for myself today. I keep wishing that I'll get lucky and only have to have these torture devices for 12-18 months and not 24! ugh!! I guess I'll wait and see what they have in store for me at my next adjustment July 24th. I have a cleaning on July 30th, for which I cannot wait! I love my dentist and my teeth feel yucky. I really need to invest in a SoniCare! I hope everyone is having a better day than me. :) I'm done b****ing. :)
Sorry to hear you are still sore, I'm sure it will ease soon. Great progress though! I have a cleaning scheduled for August which will be three months in and will be looking forward to that. Invest in an electric toothbrush, you won't regret it.

Bikerchick85

#64 Post by Bikerchick85 »

NeilH wrote: Sorry to hear you are still sore, I'm sure it will ease soon. Great progress though! I have a cleaning scheduled for August which will be three months in and will be looking forward to that. Invest in an electric toothbrush, you won't regret it.
Thank you for your sympathy! :) holy crap I had no idea how much those Sonicare toothbrushes are!! But I will definitely be investing in one ASAP! I had to buy tires for my sports car (not cheap) so I had to put off the Sonicare for now :cry:
I have an appointment with my ortho's office Wednesday to get these 4 pokey wires taken care of! I think I'll be able to deal once that stabbing pain is gone. Now if I could stop clenching with all my might during my sleep I'll be in good shape!

rhibee83

#65 Post by rhibee83 »

Bikerchick85 wrote:
NeilH wrote: Sorry to hear you are still sore, I'm sure it will ease soon. Great progress though! I have a cleaning scheduled for August which will be three months in and will be looking forward to that. Invest in an electric toothbrush, you won't regret it.
Thank you for your sympathy! :) holy crap I had no idea how much those Sonicare toothbrushes are!! But I will definitely be investing in one ASAP! I had to buy tires for my sports car (not cheap) so I had to put off the Sonicare for now :cry:
I have an appointment with my ortho's office Wednesday to get these 4 pokey wires taken care of! I think I'll be able to deal once that stabbing pain is gone. Now if I could stop clenching with all my might during my sleep I'll be in good shape!
i know what you mean about clenching! I used to do it before braces and sometimes now it has stopped but other nights OUCH i wake up and my side teeth are clenched and i dont even realise till i go to open my mouth and its like owwww! silly teeth! give me a tension headache! doesnt happen all the time but even throughout the day i will sit at the computer and clench and won't even notice! i try to relax my jaw during the day now, even though its hard.

glad you got your pokey wires taken care of :)

Tobilei

#66 Post by Tobilei »

I do the clenching thing too :( Hope the pain starts passing soon! Your teeth look amazing! I wish I'd seen that much change!

With the sonic toothbrush you can buy disposable one's for about $10. Turns out I don't actually like them, might be worth trying it before you spend a whole lot on a really expensive one (I prefer the traditional electric toothbrush style with the rotating head).

Good luck for your cleaning :D I just had one, felt SO much better afterwards!

Bikerchick85

#67 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Thanks for the tip, Tobilei! I may try one of the cheap electric toothbrushes first! I've been getting so much plaque lately I really think I need more than a manual toothbrush. :( and my teeth are starting to look really yellow!
I went to my appointment to get my wires cut this morning!! They feel soo much better!! I also snuck in a little mini adjustment!! I mentioned that my crowned tooth was sore from clenching and my ortho started me on Japan elastics in a box configuration in the back on both sides to close my bite. The only teeth I was making contact with were the crowned tooth and the one above it. So we started elastics early! I'm excited!! Hopefully this will shave some time off my sentence! I go back July 24th for another adjustment, hopefully it will be productive!! :)

vegetamakai5

#68 Post by vegetamakai5 »

Your teeth look amazing, congratulations :D :D :D

Tobilei

#69 Post by Tobilei »

No problem :) Do you use whitening toothpaste at all? My ortho said it was fine to use because it will help keep stains away but not actually whiten so I won't end up with weird dark spots from brackets or anything. I also gave them a good brush just once with peroxide and baking soda and that brightened them up a little (tasted horrendous though!)

Yay for new stuff :thumbsup: I'm jealous! I've had the same old same old for like 3 adjustments now :evil: Our next adjustments are around the same time :)

Bikerchick85

#70 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Tobilei wrote:No problem :) Do you use whitening toothpaste at all? My ortho said it was fine to use because it will help keep stains away but not actually whiten so I won't end up with weird dark spots from brackets or anything. I also gave them a good brush just once with peroxide and baking soda and that brightened them up a little (tasted horrendous though!)

Yay for new stuff :thumbsup: I'm jealous! I've had the same old same old for like 3 adjustments now :evil: Our next adjustments are around the same time :)
I do use whitening toothpaste. I smoke and drink coffee though. I cannot wait to whiten my teeth when these are off! I guess they don't look as bad as I think they do. I always ask everyone if they look yellow and they say no. (Their opinion is probably biased though. LOL)
These elastics are killing me! I was so excited to get them, and still am. But boy do they HURT! Whatever it takes to be done!! hehe :) I know what you mean about having the same ole stuff done at adjustments. I get so upset when they don't change my wires! LOL

Bikerchick85

#71 Post by Bikerchick85 »

I am getting super impatient lately. Feels like movement is at a stand still! I have an adjustment on July 24th. I hope they do something extreme that day! :) LOL I'll probably eat those words later! :shock: I was given elastics to start closing my molars together at my last emergency appointment to get wires cut, and now my bite is really uncomfortable! I think my bite is more jacked up now than it was to start with. I hope it's not something that is going to take forever to fix cause I really want to be done with these things! My teeth are constantly sore. I guess I'm just ranting! Sorry :cry: I've got 7 months of treatment under my belt already, so I guess that's good. I would ideally like to be at 16-18 months but I think that's wishful thinking on my part!! But hey, I've seen worse cases than mine wrap up in that kind of timeframe. Keeping eyes, fingers, and toes crossed!! :mrgreen:

chichi

#72 Post by chichi »

Bikerchick85 wrote:I am getting super impatient lately. Feels like movement is at a stand still! I have an adjustment on July 24th. I hope they do something extreme that day! :) LOL I'll probably eat those words later! :shock: I was given elastics to start closing my molars together at my last emergency appointment to get wires cut, and now my bite is really uncomfortable! I think my bite is more jacked up now than it was to start with. I hope it's not something that is going to take forever to fix cause I really want to be done with these things! My teeth are constantly sore. I guess I'm just ranting! Sorry :cry: I've got 7 months of treatment under my belt already, so I guess that's good. I would ideally like to be at 16-18 months but I think that's wishful thinking on my part!! But hey, I've seen worse cases than mine wrap up in that kind of timeframe. Keeping eyes, fingers, and toes crossed!! :mrgreen:
Crossing everything! I hope they can do something extreme at your next appointment to get things moving lol (be careful what you wish for :twisted:)
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Tobilei

#73 Post by Tobilei »

Sorry! I missed your last reply to me! I always think mine look yellowish too (but then I always thought that before braces). I guess they don't look any worse now.

And haha, I could have written your latest post! I too am super bored and frustrated and feeling like my treatment has come to a standstill. I think my next appointment is the 28th and I've thought the same thing about doing something extreem (and then figured I'd regret thinking that the day after!). Hang in there! I think maybe this is just the point where it gets boring and you start wishing for the end.

Bikerchick85

#74 Post by Bikerchick85 »

Tobilei wrote:Sorry! I missed your last reply to me! I always think mine look yellowish too (but then I always thought that before braces). I guess they don't look any worse now.

And haha, I could have written your latest post! I too am super bored and frustrated and feeling like my treatment has come to a standstill. I think my next appointment is the 28th and I've thought the same thing about doing something extreem (and then figured I'd regret thinking that the day after!). Hang in there! I think maybe this is just the point where it gets boring and you start wishing for the end.
I think you are right, Tobilei.. This is definitely the time when treatment gets boring!! I'm so excited for my appointment tomorrow! I wish I could go in like every 2 weeks! lol :) I stopped wearing my elastics this week so my teeth wouldn't be so sore for tomorrow. Probably not a good idea but I was only supposed to wear them at nite and I've been wearing them 24-7 so I figured a week without wouldn't hurt me. They seemed to be making my bite more uncomfortable! I'm going to ask my ortho a few questions while I'm there about some things bugging me. They should be repositioning some lower brackets to get the teeth at the same height. I also had a rotated canine on top and they never finished rotating it all the way. It bugs the heck outta me! Also I'm wondering how they are going to make my lower arch as wide as the upper arch. My bite is horrible! It seems like something difficult to fix. I'll update tomorrow evening and take some pics :)

rhibee83

#75 Post by rhibee83 »

HI TEETH TWINNIE!!

good luck with your adjustment tomorrow!! I can't wait to see you pics!! OMG i am HATING these elastics and powerchain... ugh... :( so so sore... hopefully you get some reassurance on your bite, i am sure it has to get worse before it gets betteR? that is my motto! hahaha My ortho told me that i will start getting some gaps in between my top teeth thanks to the elastics but he assured me not to worry lol, so hopefully i wont freak out to much or look like a freak LOL.

cant wait to hear your progress and good luck!! :) :thumbsup: :rose: