Getting braces at 19, very excited!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rhibee83

Re: Getting braces at 19, very excited!!

#61 Post by rhibee83 »

I am watching it now on my phone with headphones in at work haha!

The video is a bit blurry on my phone, so I will check it out a bit later at home where its clearer :)

By the way, you are really pretty :) they look really good on you and you are going to have great teeth in the end! :) You can speak really well with them! I hope I can speak well too :)

I am not getting brackets on my back teeth either and I still don’t get how those teeth will move with nothing on them! Lol. I will ask my ortho next week and see what he says to me.

You are so lucky you didnt need teeth out (i had two baby teeth that were decaying (premolars) so the other two on the opposite side had to come out too, they were healthy teeth and I hate that, but I guess it makes sense to even them out!) and your lucky you don’t need molar bands and spacers! I got molar bands for my upper lingual arch appliance. I don’t think they will come off once the appliance is removed. I can see the hole in them where the archwire is meant to go so I think they will be on my whole treatment. I am so scared of my teeth decaying but I was assured by my dentist that food cannot get in the molar bands due to the cement they use, but I am going to ask my Ortho again next week to put my mind at rest. My ortho is good though, he was taking his time with me and didn’t rush me into doing it, and took the time to answer my questions etc, I never got a second opinion either but i am happy with my Ortho :)

p.s I like mustard too! hahaha

rhibee83

#62 Post by rhibee83 »

where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu????

hope all is going well for you! :)

annashefia

#63 Post by annashefia »

rhibee83 wrote:I am watching it now on my phone with headphones in at work haha!

The video is a bit blurry on my phone, so I will check it out a bit later at home where its clearer :)

By the way, you are really pretty :) they look really good on you and you are going to have great teeth in the end! :) You can speak really well with them! I hope I can speak well too :)

I am not getting brackets on my back teeth either and I still don’t get how those teeth will move with nothing on them! Lol. I will ask my ortho next week and see what he says to me.

You are so lucky you didnt need teeth out (i had two baby teeth that were decaying (premolars) so the other two on the opposite side had to come out too, they were healthy teeth and I hate that, but I guess it makes sense to even them out!) and your lucky you don’t need molar bands and spacers! I got molar bands for my upper lingual arch appliance. I don’t think they will come off once the appliance is removed. I can see the hole in them where the archwire is meant to go so I think they will be on my whole treatment. I am so scared of my teeth decaying but I was assured by my dentist that food cannot get in the molar bands due to the cement they use, but I am going to ask my Ortho again next week to put my mind at rest. My ortho is good though, he was taking his time with me and didn’t rush me into doing it, and took the time to answer my questions etc, I never got a second opinion either but i am happy with my Ortho :)

Hi! I never even saw this reply from you!!!! Wah!!! Lol but thanks for watching my video, talking is really easy now, in the beginning it we hard! And so much saliva! Haha

I'm actully in Las Vegas right now on a business trip and having fun, but people sure are looking at them and trying to figure out my age! My whole teenage and adult life I've always looked much older than I am and now with these things in in worried ill get questioned walking through a THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR.! Haha but the weather is good none the less and it's nice to get outta town.

The reasons for you to have your extractions makes total sense! They're wasn't room for those teeth and some were baby teeth! I just know so many people that had a lot of permanent teeth taken out and there was room for them but it would have taken too long. As long as your ortho makes you feel comfortable that's all that matters.

I'm getting pretty paranoid I'm not brushing my teeth enough or using fluoride enough. I don't want decay or those spots on my teeth! I swear I can see my teeth turning yellow but I hope it's all in my head!!! Lol

rhibee83

#64 Post by rhibee83 »

annashefia wrote:
rhibee83 wrote:I am watching it now on my phone with headphones in at work haha!

Hi! I never even saw this reply from you!!!! Wah!!! Lol but thanks for watching my video, talking is really easy now, in the beginning it we hard! And so much saliva! Haha

I'm actully in Las Vegas right now on a business trip and having fun, but people sure are looking at them and trying to figure out my age! My whole teenage and adult life I've always looked much older than I am and now with these things in in worried ill get questioned walking through a THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR.! Haha but the weather is good none the less and it's nice to get outta town.

The reasons for you to have your extractions makes total sense! They're wasn't room for those teeth and some were baby teeth! I just know so many people that had a lot of permanent teeth taken out and there was room for them but it would have taken too long. As long as your ortho makes you feel comfortable that's all that matters.

I'm getting pretty paranoid I'm not brushing my teeth enough or using fluoride enough. I don't want decay or those spots on my teeth! I swear I can see my teeth turning yellow but I hope it's all in my head!!! Lol
Wow! Vegas would be awesome. I really want to go there one day :) you must have a cool job to be there for business! :) hahaha i know the feeling, someone said to me "welcome back to highschool" when they saw mine haha i am like hrmmm is that meant to be a compliment or what? lol

I am sure you are doing a great job and i know what you mean about thinking your teeth are yellow! i keep thinking mine are getting yellow and cos I am drinking a cup of coffee a day i am freaking out i will stain them lol but i think it is all in my head cos i brush my teeth after my coffee at lunch time :) and the ortho said one coffee a day should be fine , so i thought why not! hehe

enjoy your time in Vegas and hope you win some money hehehe

:jump:

beckyboo0205

#65 Post by beckyboo0205 »

I was totally worried too that I wasn't brushing enough. I hope the ortho comments on that... like "Oh you are brushing really well!" So that will make me feel better. If not, I'll have to ask.

I think we, as adults, are alot more paranoid about it so we make sure to brush good, even if we are worried that we aren't. I emailed the lady at the ortho office about it... because I had a mini freak out that I wasn't doing good enough, and she wrote back saying "she loves adult patients because we are so concious about it." She didn't seemed worried about it.

rhibee83

#66 Post by rhibee83 »

my ortho said I was brushing fine and even commented to the assistant of what a good job I was doing (mind you, it was only a week in braces lol!) and i got to go into a drawer to win a monthly prize for keeping them clean lol. hope I win hehehe :tingrin:

NICURN85

#67 Post by NICURN85 »

Hi Anna,
Your teeth are looking GREAT!!! I watched your YouTube video and loved it!! Your braces look well on you!! Happy teeth moving until next time.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

annashefia

#68 Post by annashefia »

rhibee83 wrote:
annashefia wrote:

Wow! Vegas would be awesome. I really want to go there one day :) you must have a cool job to be there for business! :) hahaha i know the feeling, someone said to me "welcome back to highschool" when they saw mine haha i am like hrmmm is that meant to be a compliment or what? lol

I am sure you are doing a great job and i know what you mean about thinking your teeth are yellow! i keep thinking mine are getting yellow and cos I am drinking a cup of coffee a day i am freaking out i will stain them lol but i think it is all in my head cos i brush my teeth after my coffee at lunch time :) and the ortho said one coffee a day should be fine , so i thought why not! hehe

enjoy your time in Vegas and hope you win some money hehehe

:jump:
Haha welcome back to highschool is right! I hate it!
And yea well I am in the tanning bed industry and there's a lot of that out here! I don't gamble, but I do like to shop! And there's lots of that here! lol
And I am a tea drinker and am paranoid! I always just swish with a lot of water after I drink anything like that.

annashefia

#69 Post by annashefia »

NICURN85 wrote:Hi Anna,
Your teeth are looking GREAT!!! I watched your YouTube video and loved it!! Your braces look well on you!! Happy teeth moving until next time.
Thank you!!!! I know I can already change I can't wait to see more!!!

oldguy

#70 Post by oldguy »

Oldguy here.........

Viewed your video...and I see why you want a good bite.

I'm in my 60's and wish I had treatment before my teeth were

slamming into each other. I to have self ligating braces, top and bottom.

Had my braces put on after my trip to Vegas, shouldn't have waited, you will

be amazed at the progress you see in the next 5 months. Just got

elastics and chains...some discomfort...but worth it. Hats off to you

annashefia

#71 Post by annashefia »

oldguy wrote:Oldguy here.........

Viewed your video...and I see why you want a good bite.

I'm in my 60's and wish I had treatment before my teeth were

slamming into each other. I to have self ligating braces, top and bottom.

Had my braces put on after my trip to Vegas, shouldn't have waited, you will

be amazed at the progress you see in the next 5 months. Just got

elastics and chains...some discomfort...but worth it. Hats off to you
Hi Oldguy!
Thanks for watching my video! That's why I love this forum because everyone understands!

And I am super excited to start seeing more progress! I've already had a lot of small movements in this first month so I can't wait!

Oh elastics and chains huh, that's cool! I am looking forward to that, my ortho said he won't put me in elastics until 6 months in, but I know the time will fly by. What are the chains doing?

NeilH

#72 Post by NeilH »

Really great video, wish I had the confidence to make one! Looking forward to hearing more about how you get on.

oldguy

#73 Post by oldguy »

Oldguy......

I'm 6 months ahead of you, so as the wires got heavier it

moved my whole arch outward, that made spaces where I

never had them before., the chains pull the teeth next

to each other on the arch wire. I only have a short chain

on one side....other than cleaning around it, it's no problem.

annashefia

#74 Post by annashefia »

NeilH wrote:Really great video, wish I had the confidence to make one! Looking forward to hearing more about how you get on.
Thank you!!! I know it's long but I tried covering most of everything! Lol

annashefia

#75 Post by annashefia »

oldguy wrote:Oldguy......

I'm 6 months ahead of you, so as the wires got heavier it

moved my whole arch outward, that made spaces where I

never had them before., the chains pull the teeth next

to each other on the arch wire. I only have a short chain

on one side....other than cleaning around it, it's no problem.
Wow sounds cool! When thicker wire goes on does it hurt more? I haven't had any pain so far!