Two Stories in One: Our His and Hers Matching Braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

whiteswan

Re: Two Stories in One: Our His and Hers Matching Braces

#226 Post by whiteswan »

What the heck does he mean by mature jaw? That makes no sense to me.

Ellabelle

#227 Post by Ellabelle »

Anna, the next year is to work on my tooth height (I'm guessing) and bite (I know). Thanks for your sweet words. I just love all you guys here. You all just GET it. 95% sounds amazing, you're so optimistic. But this doc said 50% improvement would be a good outcome. Which is news to me as I've been told from the beginning that this is all to fix the bite. Not try to half-assed fix it.

And sorry if i repeat myself, I don't recall exactly what I've all written, but i only met this head Dr after a YEAR. He didn't look at my before pics, just totally popped my balloon. I went with him and his associates as they've had (him specifically) great success, published and lectured about, using functional appliances in adults without surgery or extractions. He seemed to say appliances wouldn't really work, extractions are an option (?!?!) though not ideal as it would lock my jaw, or something like that. Ughhhh.

Just so frustrating especially after I went through all that with the liberty Bell. I'd be willing to do it again in a heartbeat, I'll do anything that works, I'm a very willing, educated patient. I just kinda feel given up on. I'm keeping up my spirits though. I've wanted this forever, I'm willing to put in the time, endure the pain, whatever it takes but I will not settle for 50% after ALL this money time etc. All while Dr downer (not his name) FAWNS over my fiancé beautiful mouth.

And White Swan, I guess it means my mouth is old. I'm an old old woman whose jaw is hopelessly stuck where it is. I am at the extremely advanced geriatric age of 26. Unlike my dear honey and his youthful jaw, must be nice to start your ortho journey at the young age of 45 (46; now). Ughhhhh. It's just frustrating. I am totally thrilled for him, it just seems slightly, unjust. Am I off base? Sorry, that was a long vent. Anyone who made it this far, gold star. Now off to brush and put in fresh elastics.

Stay strong, all my loves. We've got this.

♡♡♡

Dee17

#228 Post by Dee17 »

Ellabelle,
I think you are completely fine to vent and rant a little bit. You've been through a lot. I'm sure it HAS been enormously frustrating for you especially taking into account the (apparent) success your FI has had while you've been feeling very stuck. Take heart, bella! All is not lost. I am sure that this orthodontist who you have put so much faith in must have a least one more rabbit up his sleeve. I think they all give sort of "grim" prognoses at the beginning so as not to "disappoint" at the end?? Maybe this is the case for you?? I hope so. Please keep us posted. Have you tried talking this over at length with him? I know you're good at talking, that's your job, right? Maybe call his office and ask to make a consultation appointment to just sit down and talk to him. He probably has no idea you are feeling this way. xoxo
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

Anna5

#229 Post by Anna5 »

Dearest Ellabella,

Just a little message that I completely understand your pain. I can totally understand that you don't want to settle for 50%.
But I think your bite will improved much more than 50%. Ortho's are often reluctant to make promises, but I think they can do more with the braces than we think. So keep your heads up, Ellabella. I am sure your outcome will be great as well.
And honestly, I love your teeth very much. Your arches are so beautifully wide and straight ( I am jealous!). But that is not what counts. You must get happy with your teeth and that is something you deserve so much...

Anna

vegetamakai5

#230 Post by vegetamakai5 »

Hi Ellabelle. Havent seen any post of you i a while. How the treatment going. I think a lot of progress right?. Please let us know any updates. Take care

Ellabelle

#231 Post by Ellabelle »

Hey dear, I've been meaning to update for months! The pics are between my phone (currently in for repairs), his phone, and the laptop. So I've been wanting to get everything together before I update. But yes, definite progress, I'll try to post a real update post as soon as I can. Thanks for your thoughts.

Anna5

#232 Post by Anna5 »

I am glad that you are back here on this forum, Elleballe. I was missing you. I am looking forward to your update!

Ellabelle

#233 Post by Ellabelle »

Hello, hello, hello, to all my friends who are braced, retained, invisaligned, applianced, and all you kindred spirits thinking about making the plunge. That is the hardest time so my thoughts are with you all. I can't tell you what to do but I'm a part of a community who, whether they never wanted braces (;) Dee) or always did (me and Anna ;)), I have yet to hear one single "ugh I wish I'd never done this"? Okay okay, maaaayyybbbeee that has been uttered once or twice during a delicious steak dinner.... but one quickly revives. Especially with this amazing support system. On here is an amazing group of women and men all on different stages of various ortho related consideration/treatment/maintenance. So if anyone is new here, welcome. You're home. :)

For those who have interest in my and my fiancé's treatment, I apologize for my lapse in updates! Here I present us after our January appointment. I'll keep working on them til I get caught up. To a certain Canadian beauty, no spoilers please.

As always, all my love,
Ellabelle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ellabelle

#234 Post by Ellabelle »

And Feb...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Featheryy1221

#235 Post by Featheryy1221 »

Wow! Love the colors! You and your fiance's teeth look so good! :) I read your story a while ago and that liberty bell thing looked like it was a complete pain, so you must be super happy that you haven't had to deal with that for a while. :) Seriously great results!

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

Dee17

#236 Post by Dee17 »

Hi Ellabelle!!!
So great to hear from you again. WOW!!! You guys look amazing! FIs bottom teeth are all in a nice little row like ducks in a line. Like seriously, you both look amazing.
I think you're right about no one ever saying that they've regretted getting braces. I felt like that at first for about the first 3 months but now I am SO glad I did this. I am officially in countdown mode -- about 5 or 6 months to go.
I have finally met a man (!!) and he has not minded my hardware at all which has been so reassuring for me.
Hang in there, Ellabella and say hi to FI for me. Do you have a debrace date you?
xoxo
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

vegetamakai5

#237 Post by vegetamakai5 »

Wow I love the pink chains, look completely lovely. Nice progress both of you. Keep posting how your treatment is advancing

TheKT

#238 Post by TheKT »

Looking great!!!