Tobilei's Train Tracks.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tobilei

Re: Tobilei's Train Tracks.

#496 Post by Tobilei »

braceface74 wrote:
Tobilei wrote:
Yep, I'm with you on the bored of taking photo's. I really only take them to put them up here now :paperbag: I just want them off too.

Like you I don't like my teeth much. I think they're ugly. Even when they're straight I think they'll still be ugly (then part of my brain goes "why the heck are you doing this if you're going to hate your teeth anyway?") My Mum always had perfect teeth. She looked like she'd had braces but hadn't. People used to tell her she looked like she had dolls teeth because they were so nice. I didn't get her teeth :(
I had exactly the same concerns all through my time in braces! My teeth were (still are) far from perfect with lots of fillings discoloration etc, for the whole time i was worried that i would be disappointed when i got them off.. disappointed that even though they were straight I would still hate how they looked!! Anyways after almost 18months in them they came off and well, I was thrilled at the straightness but was still a little deflated!! I wasn’t even sure whether my teeth would ultimately need veneers on front before I would love them i.e what if they wouldn’t whitening!! I thought to myself though, that as long as they are straight then there is always something else I can do to get them what I consider nice (which by the way isn’t Hollywood bright). I have since had them whitened and my front fillings re-done and well yes.. I am absolutely thrilled with them now . You can check out my worries and progress in my story below … lots of photos… although I still have to add the final one

PS, i think you'll be surprised at just how much you love them when you're all done.. hang on in there .
Oh thank you for that! I think you had pretty and shiny teeth before you started, they look super now! I feel like mine are all ridgy and bumpy and different shapes :FeelSick: It's good to know there's hope that I'll like them at the end (I'm not expecting a hollywood smile either, but I still want it to look better than it did before!). I'll read through the rest of your story, but they look great :thumbsup:

braceface74

#497 Post by braceface74 »

we're our own worst critics :).. ps you've no idea how many photos I had to take just to be able to post semi decent ones on here!
Braces journey 16/01/2012 - 03/06/2013 :)

My Braces story

rhibee83

#498 Post by rhibee83 »

just popped on to say

Your teeth are going to look fantastic once they are done

its hard sometimes, with these stupid metal/ceramic things on our teeth, and its hard to see the end of it all sometimes, BUT once your treatment is finished, they will look amazing :)

:flowerbloom: :flowerbloom: :rose: :rose:

Tobilei

#499 Post by Tobilei »

braceface74 wrote:we're our own worst critics :).. ps you've no idea how many photos I had to take just to be able to post semi decent ones on here!
That we are! And lol, sounds like me. 5000 photo's, only 2 or 3 make the cut :P

Tobilei

#500 Post by Tobilei »

rhibee83 wrote:just popped on to say

Your teeth are going to look fantastic once they are done

its hard sometimes, with these stupid metal/ceramic things on our teeth, and its hard to see the end of it all sometimes, BUT once your treatment is finished, they will look amazing :)

:flowerbloom: :flowerbloom: :rose: :rose:
Thank you Rhi!!! And yeah, it is hard! I got some good answers today though that made me feel a bit better (about to update). :heart: :heart:

Tobilei

#501 Post by Tobilei »

Okay, had an adjustment today (if I was committed I would know which number adjustment this is but I'm not and I'm too lazy to go back through my thread and count :P ).

I asked all my questions and got good answers.

My tiny black triangle between my top front teeth will likely get a tiny bit of filing done and the teeth brought together properly.

My 2 bottom teeth that are different heights will be adjusted so the one with the tiny chip on it is higher up than the one next to it. They will eventually be filed off to be even heights (the chip will also be filed off-woo!)

My midline will be sorted out so the top and bottom one's match up.

Not a whole lot new this adjustment. I have the same wires as last time but got fresh closed chains on the top (finally learned what they were called) at the sides to bring my molars in and I got a full closed chain powerchain on the bottom. I was told these are stronger than regular powerchains so I'm crossing my fingers that my bottom gap might finally close up this time! Unfortunately it's clear (boo!) so I'm thinking it might be a lovely shade of who knows what by my next adjustment.

Last but not least I have Chuck elastics. I only have to wear them on the left hand side from my metal hook at the front top to the back hook on my lower molar and only at night. This will help to pull my midlines around so they meet up :thumbsup: Hoping to see some changes for the better this adjustment.

Otherwise my ortho said things are looking good and are right on track :mrgreen: I have some photo's but haven't uploaded them yet. Will pop them up tomorrow, but nothing has really changed other than the colour of that powerchain.

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement! I really appreciate each and every one of them :heart: :rose:

Dee17

#502 Post by Dee17 »

Hey Tobelei,
It all sounds like very good news. You've been a real trooper through this whole thing. Any idea how much longer you have to have them on? I can't wait to see your new photos.
My gap has closed rather dramatically since I've been in the hospital. For the first time I am actually looking forward to going in to see my orthodontist. I hope he will give me good news.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

Tobilei

#503 Post by Tobilei »

Dee17 wrote:Hey Tobelei,
It all sounds like very good news. You've been a real trooper through this whole thing. Any idea how much longer you have to have them on? I can't wait to see your new photos.
My gap has closed rather dramatically since I've been in the hospital. For the first time I am actually looking forward to going in to see my orthodontist. I hope he will give me good news.
Oh Dee, that's awesome!!! And lol, I've tried! I think I've done better the last 2 months than I was for the first 4 or so. I'm guessing at the moment that they'll come off around January when they should. He generally just tells me everything is going well and is on track. He only told my daughter she'd be getting hers off a month and a half in advance so I guess I won't know until he tells me it's time (I cannot wait for that moment!)

Dee17

#504 Post by Dee17 »

Yeah, I hear you. The thrill has been gone for me for about 9 months. Ha ha ha!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away.
-- Maya Angelou

[
My story here: [url]http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42752

and here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42976

My blog: http://dvorahstraintracksadventure.blogspot.ca/

Tobilei

#505 Post by Tobilei »

I have officially become an armchair orthodontist (thanks OldFart for that term! :mrgreen: ). Last night I was sitting in bed and one of my closed chain powerchains at the top was annoying me, sort of feeling scratchy. I sort of moved it slightly with my fingernail and to my horror it popped off it's hooks!

I used a pair of tweezers to hook it back over the back hook and stretch it around to the front one (sounds easy, in reality it was super fiddly and took me about 15 minutes and quite a lot of not very helpful but made me feel better sailors language to get it on there). I called my ortho this morning to see if I needed to come in and was told that it sounds like I've got it sorted so unless it flicks off again I'm all good :thumbsup:

My first night in elastics was interesting. I find it rubs my cheek and sort of flicks over the side of the bracket next to the hook when I move my mouth so I'm grateful I only have to wear it at nighttime because I think it would drive me mad during the day! Plus not really loving the rubbery flavour :FeelSick:

Okay pics as promised :) Clear powerchain is about the only thing different like I said.

Tobilei

#506 Post by Tobilei »

Dee17 wrote:Yeah, I hear you. The thrill has been gone for me for about 9 months. Ha ha ha!
Haha! Totally!!! Looking forward to the time all this is just an annoying but distant memory!

rhibee83

#507 Post by rhibee83 »

wow!! check out those straight chompers!! :thumbsup:

they are looking amazing hun, i am glad you got some reassurance from your ortho as well, and hooray for elastics! least you just have to wear yours at night time and on one side! lol.

and LOL that you put your powerchain back on by yourself, GOOD WORK MATE! lol. i hope mine doesnt come off lol otherwise i will be asking you for more instructions on how to get it back on! hahaha :)

looking great hun :) :) :dance: :jump: :-*

Tobilei

#508 Post by Tobilei »

rhibee83 wrote:wow!! check out those straight chompers!! :thumbsup:

they are looking amazing hun, i am glad you got some reassurance from your ortho as well, and hooray for elastics! least you just have to wear yours at night time and on one side! lol.

and LOL that you put your powerchain back on by yourself, GOOD WORK MATE! lol. i hope mine doesnt come off lol otherwise i will be asking you for more instructions on how to get it back on! hahaha :)

Awww thanks Rhi! Yep, he made me feel much better that we'll do a bit of shaping and make my teeth look more like teeth instead of gnashers :P

And haha, I did! I was desperate! The car is getting serviced today and I REALLY didn't want to have to go back in! Stupid thing was SO slippery! Thankfully it was only one of the small top one's and not the whole bottom!

rhibee83

#509 Post by rhibee83 »

Tobilei wrote:
rhibee83 wrote:wow!! check out those straight chompers!! :thumbsup:

Awww thanks Rhi! Yep, he made me feel much better that we'll do a bit of shaping and make my teeth look more like teeth instead of gnashers :P

And haha, I did! I was desperate! The car is getting serviced today and I REALLY didn't want to have to go back in! Stupid thing was SO slippery! Thankfully it was only one of the small top one's and not the whole bottom!
when I brush my teeth I think of you LOL - cos i am scared i am gonna brush my powerchain off and i think to myself "man! how the hell did Tobilei get her's back on!" lol! they just look very tricky!! maybe you were an ortho in your past life! lol! :) :)

Tobilei

#510 Post by Tobilei »

rhibee83 wrote:
when I brush my teeth I think of you LOL - cos i am scared i am gonna brush my powerchain off and i think to myself "man! how the hell did Tobilei get her's back on!" lol! they just look very tricky!! maybe you were an ortho in your past life! lol! :) :)
Lmao, it's because it's not like the bottom one! I only had to hook it over the back hook and then the additional metal one he's put in the front. Although I have watched him attach my daughters and take a few of them off, they sort of need a zig zag up and down motion to go over the brackets.

I just read about your gray powerchains! We have coloured one's (so long as they're not the closed chain one's, they apparently only come in clear-boo!). You should ask next time!