Kimmie's Road To A Beautiful Smile (PICS)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NICURN85

Re: Kimmie's Road To A Beautiful Smile (PICS)

#241 Post by NICURN85 »

Hi Everyone,
Well here is a quick update before I go on Tuesday to the ortho. So for the first time since I got braces I actually had to pull out the WAX!!! I actually had to find out where I put it. Out of nowhere on my bottom lip my brackets have rubbed a sore. I think it must be my teeth moving all over the place because they are so loose and clicky!!! I hope the sore has healed by Tuesday because its so irritating. :-= I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Until Tuesday enjoy!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

NICURN85

#242 Post by NICURN85 »

Hi Friends,
Well today I went in for my adjustment. I got a new wire on the lower arch. It ahs some hooks/loops formed in it (picture below) to help start pulling my lower arch backward. The name of this procedure is called Antraw. Boy oh boy am I in pain at the moment. I forgot to take my pain killer before I went in even though I had been warned to. My top wire remained the same. I also still have the powerchains on the top but back now to single ligs on the bottom. I have another appointment on May 14th to see how everything is moving. This morning my bottom arch and top arch were touching and now it seems like I have an overbite which is suppose to happen. The colors I got today were purple and coral. I let the assistant choose. Well, I am drinking a homemade fresh fruit smoothie now to try and help ease the pain. Hope everyone else is doing well!!

~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

EbonyQ

#243 Post by EbonyQ »

You are one of my “heros” in this forum. You can tolerate so much pain and you still go on, taking whatever they put in your mouth.

If Eric asked to me to take painkillers for my next appointment then there would not be any Ebony at that appointment at all :lol: . I would be far away from his clinic :lol:

Compare to you I feel like a wimp. I´m so afraid of the slightest feeling of pain or pressure. I can´t remember last time I had sore teeth, sore teeth in that way that I would need to eat soft food (that more than three-four teeth are sore). I think it was november or something. And I´m the one freaking out about my appointments :roll:

I really enjoy reading you journal and often think: “wow, I wish I was that brave!”

Keep up the bravery!

[/url]

NICURN85

#244 Post by NICURN85 »

EbonyQ wrote:You are one of my “heros” in this forum. You can tolerate so much pain and you still go on, taking whatever they put in your mouth.

If Eric asked to me to take painkillers for my next appointment then there would not be any Ebony at that appointment at all :lol: . I would be far away from his clinic :lol:

Compare to you I feel like a wimp. I´m so afraid of the slightest feeling of pain or pressure. I can´t remember last time I had sore teeth, sore teeth in that way that I would need to eat soft food (that more than three-four teeth are sore). I think it was november or something. And I´m the one freaking out about my appointments :roll:

I really enjoy reading you journal and often think: “wow, I wish I was that brave!”

Keep up the bravery!
Hey Ebony,
I think that you are also brave. You are sticking through this process even though you have fears. You could have given up long ago but guess what YOU DIDN'T!! I really can't wait to see your result once your braces come off!! Hopefully I will only be on the soft foods for a couple of days because on Sunday I have a big dinner planned with lots of people over and I would like to enjoy their dishes and not BRACE FOOD!!!
~KIMMIE

Chaotic Choppers

#245 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Kimmie well done, you ended up getting the blender for smoothies!!!! :-* Are they going well? Or are you're still fishing it out with me sometimes?? (My fish has been tasting extra good this week because everything else is just too hard!)

That smile of yours is certainly fitting together nicely now!! It looks like you've only got a few tweaks to go (and for those little gaps to close)! Have your brackets stopped rubbing?? That 'antraw' sounds like a horror :-(( ! Is the idea that they twist the loops each visit to pull that section together?

We are purple buddies for a little while :) And the coral is a nice mix! :thumbsup:

Hope you can eat something soon!!! And that your Sunday dinner goes well!!!
Braced upper and lower: 18 July 2012
U4's & L5's Extracted: 22 and 29 October 2012
Elastics Started: 30 October 2012

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420

GillyWeed

#246 Post by GillyWeed »

Kimmy, your teeth look awesome! The gaps are getting smaller and smaller with every new pic. I hope you're teeth have calmed down and your back to eating normal food. I say go for the silver. I know you love bright, bold colours but silver looks really good too!

-G
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

NICURN85

#247 Post by NICURN85 »

GillyWeed wrote:Kimmy, your teeth look awesome! The gaps are getting smaller and smaller with every new pic. I hope you're teeth have calmed down and your back to eating normal food. I say go for the silver. I know you love bright, bold colours but silver looks really good too!

-G
Hey Gilly,
I think I am going to go with a grey/smoke on my next appointment. I let one of the assistants pick the color this time. My teeth have calmed down and I am back in the eating business!! Hopefully at the next adjustment I won't end back up on the soft food diet.
~KIMMIE

NICURN85

#248 Post by NICURN85 »

Chaotic Choppers wrote:Kimmie well done, you ended up getting the blender for smoothies!!!! :-* Are they going well? Or are you're still fishing it out with me sometimes?? (My fish has been tasting extra good this week because everything else is just too hard!)

That smile of yours is certainly fitting together nicely now!! It looks like you've only got a few tweaks to go (and for those little gaps to close)! Have your brackets stopped rubbing?? That 'antraw' sounds like a horror :-(( ! Is the idea that they twist the loops each visit to pull that section together?

We are purple buddies for a little while :) And the coral is a nice mix! :thumbsup:

Hope you can eat something soon!!! And that your Sunday dinner goes well!!!
CC,
The smoothies are going great!!!! They actually fill me up like a real meal, but I am still fishing it up with you sometimes. I was able to eat my Sunday dinner!!! I was so happy about that!! The brackets have stopped rubbing and the antraw is to help push my bottom teeth back now to small a small overbite and when he gets the bottom lined up they will start working on the top arch to close up my molar gaps!! They told me that may take awhile so I will probably be in the braces until next year!! You may just beat me to the Finishline!!!
~KIMMIE

Chaotic Choppers

#249 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Sounds like he's getting in there with the heavy machinery my friend! I'm glad that the smoothies are working out seeing that there's so much moving going on! I get so tired of breaking things up sometimes that even when there's no pain I just go for mush so that I don't have to mess around (it's just so tiring some days!).

Don't be too concerned that I'll beat you... I have a stubborn gap on the right that's taking forever to close and I've just noticed that since he has taken off some of the powerchainage, some of my other gaps are reopening!! :yikes: Guess I'll find out what's going on in 3 weeks....

Hope everything's going well and that you're seeing some improvement in your bite :) I read somewhere the other day that getting the bite right takes the longest and after that stage is complete you're not far from getting them off :)
Braced upper and lower: 18 July 2012
U4's & L5's Extracted: 22 and 29 October 2012
Elastics Started: 30 October 2012

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420

NICURN85

#250 Post by NICURN85 »

Hey Everyone,

Here is my latest update. I went to the ortho on the 16th of May and as of now all my powerchains are gone!! The new goal at the moment is to create an overbite and move my lower teeth backwards!! It is really working because I can tell I have a huge overbite now in which you will be able to see in my picture below. It is to the point to when I smile the most you can see are my top teeth. Also they added a wire tie to the back on both arches and on the top they took a wire across my front four teeth and made it into the shape of a diamond (this is a thin wire thats behind my regular wire). This has made it hard to floss between my top teeth because the shape of the wire always snags my floss!! ( You may be able to see the diamond shape wire in the pic) I know that a lot of movement is going on because my teeth are now constantly in pain and its hard to chew. My bite is also off a bit. I had to go back last Tuesday to get a piece of wire clipped on my top arch on a front tooth because it was cutting my top lip. I had never been so glad to see wax before!! :-+ :-= Well my next appointment is on June 4th and I will be updatiing then. Sorry in advance for the size of the picture. I tried to make it smaller, but that didnt work. The colors I chose this time were aqua on the top and aqua/lime green on the lower arch. Until next time HAPPY TEETH MOVING EVERYONE!!

~KIMMIE

NICURN85

#251 Post by NICURN85 »

Chaotic Choppers wrote:Sounds like he's getting in there with the heavy machinery my friend! I'm glad that the smoothies are working out seeing that there's so much moving going on! I get so tired of breaking things up sometimes that even when there's no pain I just go for mush so that I don't have to mess around (it's just so tiring some days!).

Don't be too concerned that I'll beat you... I have a stubborn gap on the right that's taking forever to close and I've just noticed that since he has taken off some of the powerchainage, some of my other gaps are reopening!! :yikes: Guess I'll find out what's going on in 3 weeks....

Hope everything's going well and that you're seeing some improvement in your bite :) I read somewhere the other day that getting the bite right takes the longest and after that stage is complete you're not far from getting them off :)

CC!!
I am still working on the smoothies, fish, and oatmeal. I know when these braces come off I will not want to eat fish for awhile. My teeth are just moving all over the place. I feel that since the powerchains came off there are more gaps opening in my mouth. :GapToothed: I guess that is the fun of orthodontics!! I hope everything is going great for you!!
~KIMMIE

GillyWeed

#252 Post by GillyWeed »

That aqua looks stunning on you! I wish my ortho had that colour. The teeth look smashing... I see elastics in your near future :wink:
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

NICURN85

#253 Post by NICURN85 »

GillyWeed wrote:That aqua looks stunning on you! I wish my ortho had that colour. The teeth look smashing... I see elastics in your near future :wink:
Thanks Gilly!
The aqua is one of my fav colors. I was thinking the same things about the elastics!! I guess when that day comes they would have to add hooks because I do not have any on now.
~KIMMIE

Kipepeo

#254 Post by Kipepeo »

Kimmie, your smile is coming along so nicely. And that aqua is really eye catching. I love it.

Angel269

#255 Post by Angel269 »

Looking great Kimmie-love the aqua too :-)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13