Kimmie's Road To A Beautiful Smile (PICS)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chaotic Choppers

Re: Kimmie's Road To A Beautiful Smile (PICS)

#16 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Oh no about the fish getting stuck Kimmie! I have a feeling that soup is going to be our best friend for a while!

It's great that you're not getting any pain from the braces! Do you think its going to change once the wires and bands go in?

I assume that everything will become clear to me on wed... lol I'm prepared for the worst!!!

Great idea about the hat! I'm sure there will be plenty of time for all three colours and even mixing two at a time if you get brave ;) I have another friend on here that loves teal blue so there's another tick for teal :D

Lets hope the fish gets dislodged without the spacers before Thursday!!
Braced upper and lower: 18 July 2012
U4's & L5's Extracted: 22 and 29 October 2012
Elastics Started: 30 October 2012

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420

NICURN85

#17 Post by NICURN85 »

Hey CC!

I think it really will change on Thursday when they put the wires and bands on because that is when the pressure will come then. :paperbag: I am like I better enjoy these pain free days that I am having now bc it may change Thursday for the worse. I went to the store and have stocked up on the soup. I was able to use the waterpik to get most of the fish out,but did not want to over do it and blast the spacers out. LOL!! I think with the bands and wires I will have pain for a couple of days, but I will be able to eat and floss with out worrying if I am going to loose a spacer.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

BraceFace2o1o

#18 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Hey Kimmie just wanted to stop by and say hi

You have really great teeth to start withl, they are a nice shape and white so I would say you will have a hollywood smile when you are done!

Only 4 days to go until you get your wires :jump:. Although you could feel some discomfort for the first few days, it does get better. I remember it well and was on a soft diet for a little while. It was good to get back to 'normal' food though. Once the weeks go by, you'll probably only notice some discomfort for a few days after an adjustment and then hardly any at all the rest of the time until your next appointment (maybe this varies, I'm just talking from my experience). It's worth it though! I find a lot of people (including myself) question things if we don't experience any discomfort lol, we like to feel it as it reminds us stuff is happening and teeth are moving. Although now I'm 20 months in I don't get any discomfort but can still see things are moving.

Good luck for Thursday! I'll check back to see how you are getting on once your wires are in
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

NICURN85

#19 Post by NICURN85 »

Tonight was my first night having to brush away from home. First off I had chilli for lunch at work tonight and I must say the hull from the beans are a disater to clean up in a bathroom that is not your own. I was in there 15 mins trying to make sure I got everything especially around the spacers without popping them out. I will be glad when they come out so I can brush and floss those areas good. Then my mouth began to water when I saw two of my co worker chowing down on burgers and fries. It has only been 5 days and I already miss that. I just miss a lot of things due to these spacers!! Sorry but I had to vent for a moment!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

NICURN85

#20 Post by NICURN85 »

I have one more day to go before I am fully braced up with the wires and bands. I am so happy to be able to get the spacers out because they get in the way of me eating because everytime I chew on them it feels weird!! I am also glad I will be able to floss in those areas where the spacers were again!! I will make sure to update everyone tomorrow. I am still thinking of a color to get!!
~KIMMIE

starfish88

#21 Post by starfish88 »

Good luck with getting your wires! It will be great to get rid of those spacers!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

EbonyQ

#22 Post by EbonyQ »

Good luck!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[/url]

BraceFace2o1o

#23 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Hey Kimmie :) I am not sure if you have already had your appointment but if you have I hope all went ok and you've been able to floss those back teeth!
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

NICURN85

#24 Post by NICURN85 »

Hello Everyone!!!

Well today was the day I went in to have my wires done, but I was only able to get the top done because I had no space on the bottom at all for brackets. They had a hard time pulling out the spacers on the bottom that has been in for the past week. Today they put the purple spacers on the bottom as I had the blue ones last week because last week the purple ones would not fit at all on the bottom, but only on the top. I will be getting the bottom wire on August 14 because now I have to have both my 1st bicuspids extracted next Wednesday. :cry: The reason I have to get them out is because he had a more in depth look at my x-rays and my upper arch is higher than the lower and to pull the lower one back so my bite will be just right at the end of treatment I will need the lower 1st bicuspids removed. The second reason for the removal is because I also had two teeth pulled at the top because I broke them and to line everything up he would also like for the same number of teeth to be on the top and bottom. I am so scared about the extractions bc a month ago is when I had one of the upper one removed because it split in half when I broke it and I ended up with dry socket. I think what I am going to do this time is just to have him pack the extractions sites so I will not have to worry about the dry socket this time. If anyone has had the bicuspids pulled how was it?? I was told the bottom teeth are not as bad as getting your top teeth pulled. The only bad thing is I will have one pulled on both sides which will make it hard to almost impossible to eat. Please let me know if you have any food suggestions! So, since I am getting them extracted on next Wednesday the ortho want to give me at least two weeks to heal before he puts the wire and bands on the bottom and plus they said it make take just that much time to make space on the bottom since my teeth are so close together. Like this morning she had a very hard time removing the blue spacers and trying to insert the purple ones. They made a joke and said if anyone ever hits me in the mouth I will not have to worry about it breaking because I had a very rigid bone structure. The spacers are not that bad as I still do not feel pain as I didnt feel pain the first go round, but boy oh boy do I feel pressure on my top arch where I got the wire. As soon as she put it on I started to feel pressure so maybe it is good I didn't get the bottom wire today. I am trying to hold off on taking pain med, but I may end up taking 2. I can only imagine how my teeth would feel if I got both arches wired today!! I can actually chew better now since the top spacers are gone. Glad I ate when I first arrived home because I do not think I can bear eating now because my whole top arch is in pain at the moment, well not actually pain, but I feel pressure and it feels more like a toothache. Well, I will put up pictures later from today as I am suppose to be going to the movies, so hopefully this movie will take my mind off this pain. It is amazing how you start to feel it right when they insert the wire. She told me I may have to call before my next appointment on the 14th to come in and get the wire trimmed because the ortho and dental assistant said your teeth really move fast the first couple of week. That is all for now family. Look later on for pics!!
~KIMMIE

NICURN85

#25 Post by NICURN85 »

Here are the pics I promised from today. I just got back in from the movies and boy oh boy am I in pain. I think I will much rather have menstrual cramps than this feeling. I had an icee at the movies and the straw hit my teeth and ole boy you would have thought someone hit me in the mouth with a BRICK!! I feel like ripping these things out at the moment but I know that will not help. I took some pain med and that sure did NOT help at all. I guess for now I will just have to deal with the pain!!

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag ... .jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-imag ... .jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]
~KIMMIE

MakeKeyOver

#26 Post by MakeKeyOver »

Congratulations on getting your braces! :jump: I'm sure that your pain will get better really soon.

NICURN85

#27 Post by NICURN85 »

Thanks so much MakeKeyOver. I just got done wih my nightly cleaning and flossing was easy and I did not have to use the flossing threader, but it was painful trying to floss. It felt like I was pulling out my teeth or something. I am glad I have this board to vent on and people know what I am going through!!
~KIMMIE

Chaotic Choppers

#28 Post by Chaotic Choppers »

Kimmie!!!!!! LOVE the colour!!!!!!! They look beautiful!

So sorry you're in that much pain! I'd like to say it gets better quickly but I'm still feeling it and for me it is worse today than the first day! I can say that you kind of get used to it (to a point) and find ways of relieving it: Cold drinks, cold drinks...cold drinks :) And plastic cutlery helps because hitting your teeth with a metal fork will send you through the roof!!! Seeing changes in your teeth also helps to make you almost like the pain (it's working, it's working) ! Lol!

Extractions Wed??!! That was quick! I really hope that they are nice and straight forward for you!! The only advice I have on extraction foods are from when I had 3 wisdom teeth out - anything you can drink through a straw and shoot up to the back of your mouth. I added whatever I had to smoothies (yoghurt, blended soft cereal/ fruit) to make them more filling, custard , soup (not too hot and blended if there are chunks). It wasn't too long before the wounds could handle soft foods again and then proper foods.

Take care Kimmie and hope everything settles down soon!!!
Braced upper and lower: 18 July 2012
U4's & L5's Extracted: 22 and 29 October 2012
Elastics Started: 30 October 2012

30 y/o female - See my story here: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42420

EbonyQ

#29 Post by EbonyQ »

I’m sorry to hear about your pain. Do you know which arch wire he gave you?

You can ask for the .012 arch wire when you get the bottom ones, it will be a bit softer and give your teeth a less painful beginning. It won’t make that much of an different regarding slowing down the treatment and you will have an easier start.
Your ortho can switch you to the regular one by the next adjustment when your teeth have loosened a bit. It’s the beginning that often are the most painful (if you don’t have a very aggressive ortho :roll: ).

Hang on, it will be over before you know it! If I can survive braces with my anxiety then you can do it too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :heart: :heart:

[/url]

NICURN85

#30 Post by NICURN85 »

Hey everyone. So the pain today as spread to my molars!! I hope that it gets better soon, but at least I know things are moving.

@ CC I have been drinking cold water and keep it in my mouth and it really soothes and take some of the pain away. At least I know now I am not the only one in pain. We are going through this together and we will get through it!!! Yes, I am having the extractions soon. He asked me if I would like to have them done now or later bc I knew about them but didn't know they would come this soon. I decided to go ahead and do it now so later on in treatment I would not have to get it done. I just want to get everything out the way. I may also go ahead and get my 6 month cleaning done also that day!! I am glad you like the color! It must be a poplular color bc the assissant said I was like the 4th person who had chosen that color yesterday morning. How are you doing today?

@ Ebony thanks for the advice on the archwire. I forgot which one they said they put on, but I will make sure to mention the .012 for when they put the bottom one on August 14th. Hopefully by then these spacers will have made enough room for the bands it will have been a month by then bc after a week there was no space. They had a hard time taking the blue spacers out and they replaced them with the purple ones. Is there a difference in the two? I am hanging on and thanks for the encouragement!!!!
~KIMMIE