Jem's belated story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tillybrace

Re: Jem's belated story

#196 Post by tillybrace » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:55 pm

jem wrote:
Mon May 02, 2016 4:09 am
Picture of my new hawley retainer attached. It is much less bulky than its predecessor.

Jem
I am dreading getting my one of these.

jem

Re: Jem's belated story

#197 Post by jem » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:49 am

Tilly,

I'm sure your ortho will offer you fixed and/or essix retainers if that is what you prefer. I think hawleys are less common nowadays, at least in the UK. I would not have wanted a hawley for 24/7 wear because of the aesthetics. But to wear at home to supplement my bonded retainer I have found the hawley preferable to the essix. All a matter of personal choice...

Good luck with the rest of your treatment

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194