Acklay's Experience with Braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bluey

Re: Acklay's Experience with Braces

#46 Post by bluey »

Great progress, your teeth look fantastic already!

Acklay

#47 Post by Acklay »

Just had my teeth cleaned for the first time since getting braces. The hygienist had braces herself at one time, and she was very good at cleaning around everything. She complimented me on my brushing and that's about it. The visit went smoothly and I was out in no time. My dentist was very impressed with how fast my teeth were moving and he thought they were lining up nicely.

After my visit to the dentist, I had an adjustment with my orthodontist. They tied wires to some of the brackets to put more pressure on them, then I got some dark blue ligs. I'll be out of town for the next month and a half so I didn't want anything too crazy looking on my teeth. They said that soon they will put a bracket on my one tooth that is really leaning over then they'll that straightened up.

I find it amazing how much I've adapted to having braces. I no longer even think of having them on when I smile or when I do anything. They have just become a part of me and when you don't focus on them nobody else notices them either. As far as eating, there isn't anything that I can physically bite into that I won't eat - I even ate taffy a couple of days ago. I guess the only things I can't eat are things like whole apples, corn on the cob, and other things that my teeth won't make contact with.
Braces Installed on 5/3/2012
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 Months+
Click here to read about my experience!

GillyWeed

#48 Post by GillyWeed »

Hey Acklay, glad to hear that things are going well. I have a cleaning coming up early next month, I hope it isn't painful. I hope I've been doing as good a job keeping my teeth clean as you have :lol:
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

Acklay

#49 Post by Acklay »

It's been quite awhile since I've posted an update.

Things seem to be going well. I have noticed things are straightening up, and it's nice to have a straight smile for the first time in my life. I've had my braces for a little over a year now, so I am most definitely used to them. I had an adjustment today, and my orthodontist is quite pleased at the progress as well. She said that on my next visit they are going to reposition some brackets to help align the roots of my teeth, then after that I'll be introduced to rubber bands.

At my last visit I asked if I was still on schedule for their 24 month estimate, and they said I was, so hopefully I"ll have these things off in less than a year. I've tried just about every color combination imaginable at this point, and I'm not afraid to go bold. This month it's a red and orange combo.

My best friend got his braces off about a month ago. Seeing his teeth now really makes me look forward to the day I have a perfect smile as well!

One fun thing I've found is that I can use my braces as a musical instrument (Sort of). I have played the piano for 15 years and I also play the guitar. I've learned that by humming through my braces a certain way I can make them sound exactly like a kazoo. I don't use that trick very often when playing music in front of people, but in the right group of friends its sure to get a laugh!

Anyway, everything is going well, and I'm sorry I haven't posted any other updates recently. I really haven't had much reason to post updates since nothing new has really happened with my braces (aside from movement of my teeth)
Braces Installed on 5/3/2012
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 Months+
Click here to read about my experience!

GillyWeed

#50 Post by GillyWeed »

Hey Acklay:) Glad you finally posted an update. Nice to hear that things are going well and you're happy with your progress thus far.

Rubber bands haven't been an issue for me at all but you know me and my superwoman mouth lol. Hopefully you bode with them as well as I have.

Post a pic some time, I'd love to see how far you've come since we started this journey over a year ago... Happy belated brace-aversary btw.

Don't be a stranger:)
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

GillyWeed

#51 Post by GillyWeed »

Hey Acklay!

Don't know if you check the site at all anymore but if so, update please:)

G
-Gabrielle