Braces, finally!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

unspec

Re: Braces, finally!

#16 Post by unspec »

Those teeth are so wonky, the transformation is going to be really spectacular!

I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Fixmygrill

#17 Post by Fixmygrill »

The latest pictures!
I started with elastics yesterday...my face hurts! I can already tell a bit of difference since yesterday, though, which is pretty exciting.
Apparently it's going to be a few more months before the spring does enough to get that stray incisor into the game. That's the one I'm really impatient for, since the others are starting to look more normal (well, in comparison to where I started!).
-fixmygrill

JMSmith

#18 Post by JMSmith »

Holy cow Fixmygrill!!! We really have very similar crowding going on!! I had to have springs between my incisors and canines for 6 months before they could attach the archwire to my right lateral incisor. And it only took 1 day to get that sucker lined up with my other teeth. SUCH AN AMAZING FEELING!! I have an adjustment on Monday to get the bracket placed on my left lateral incisor so that we can start moving it forward as well. I know how you feel, I just cannot wait for that tooth to be in the game with the rest. I think it will be some time in October or November before they'll be able to attach the archwire to that one, but if it moves anything like my other one, look out!!

Good luck!! I know the excitment you're feeling my friend, because I'm feeling it too. :jump:

Lizzie365

#19 Post by Lizzie365 »

I love seeing before and after photos, can't wait to get my braces!

Fixmygrill

#20 Post by Fixmygrill »

Here they are at a little over 6 months!
Today I got a new wire and a powerchain across the front on the bottom teeth. Ow.
The spring on top still has some more work to do but my orthodontist said there's almost enough space to start bringing that wayward incisor in line. Maybe next month...I'm really excited about how the other side has lined up, though!
My bite has been changing like crazy with the elastics, as in, right now, I have no bite. My front teeth touch and that's it. I guess it's a good diet? :)
-fixmygrill

Fixmygrill

#21 Post by Fixmygrill »

This month's update...my lonely incisor is joining the party! There's now a little elastic between the bracket and the spring on the archwire. JMSmith, I hope it moves as fast as yours did! (I swear it's moved since yesterday...)

Other than that, I've got the same elastics/powerchains/wires. My top teeth are now just barely starting to overlap the bottom ones and I'm looking forward to being able to chew again!
-fixmygrill

Fixmygrill

#22 Post by Fixmygrill »

I haven't posted in a while (busy with work won out over busy with braces!), but here they are at a little over a year! That wayward incisor joined the archwire 2 months ago, and I finally got brackets on the back molars a month ago. Today's appointment was x-rays and a stiffer wire. I've still got a long way to go, but I just looked back at the photos from a year ago and can't believe the difference. So worth it!
-fixmygrill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeniK

#23 Post by JeniK »

WOW!! You have come a long way! Looks great!!

JMSmith

#24 Post by JMSmith »

:jump: EXCELLENT!! It's such an awesome feeling when that wonky tooth finally joins the party!! I'm really excited for you!!! It really IS all worth it!

SunshineRay

#25 Post by SunshineRay »

Great progress!

Ollie

#26 Post by Ollie »

Impressive! Looks great, I'm really excited for you!!! :D

Fixmygrill

#27 Post by Fixmygrill »

Ok, here they are after almost 2 years...

TheKT

#28 Post by TheKT »

Great results - how much longer?

Fixmygrill

#29 Post by Fixmygrill »

Well, I got my last fresh powerchain today - they're coming off at the end of the month! Can't wait to post the after pictures. I'll pick up my retainers the next day, and eat a million snickers bars.
Any suggestions for whitening afterwards? I'd thought about the fancy dentist stuff, but it's definitely not in the budget right now - and I just went to the dentist last month.

SpottedPickle

#30 Post by SpottedPickle »

Congratulations on your Debracing time frame!