Betsy's getting braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

smorse

Re: Betsy's getting braces

#196 Post by smorse »

Wow! Good to hear you're getting them off so soon! You must be so excited, they look so great!
Sarah's Braces Adventure!
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=43146

Braced on August 17th, 2012 with bite turbos to fix a deep bite.
Exposure surgery on January 3rd, 2013 to expose canine.
Elastic attached to canine on January 10th, 2013.
Estimated: 18 - 24 months in braces.

smilingoutloud22

#197 Post by smilingoutloud22 »

Congrats on your progress!!!

Kipepeo

#198 Post by Kipepeo »

Congrats! You're so lucky. I'm still looking at another 5 months or so.

BetsyBug

#199 Post by BetsyBug »

I'm sorry I have been neglecting you all, I have been crazy busy with school, work and kids. It is nice to have a date set to get my braces off but I'm having an issue with what I see in my mouth. My lower teeth are uneven. The lower arch is lop sided to the right, and my teeth starting from my right lateral incisor around to the side are lower on one side then the other. I don't know if one side extruded more than the other or what, but I am not happy with it and if it doesn't get fixed my braces are staying put until it does.
I haven't had a chance to take a picture so you can see what I'm talking about so I will look at some of my other pictures show it, its been this way for a while.

I did talk to the dentist about the bonding on my upper laterals, and they are ready to get a phone call when I get my braces off and bring me in that day to do the bonding so I can go back to the ortho and get molds taken for my retainers.

I promise i will post a picture of some sort and I would like some feedback to see if you all would be upset if your teeth were this way. They look really good when I have my mouth shut and you see my smile, but you can see in some places my bite is a little bit more open where the teeth are lower on the right side.
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

BetsyBug

#200 Post by BetsyBug »

teeth.jpg
sorry about the crappy pic I took it with my cell phone, but I think you can see what I'm talking about. In the picture on the left (my right in person) the teeth slope downward instead of having a level plane on the lowers. Its really bothering me, would it bother you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

Kipepeo

#201 Post by Kipepeo »

It does bother me...I have something very similar. However...as long as my bite gets straightened out I won't worry about that plane. But because my right side hits first, I'm hoping we bring UP the left side on the bottom to level it out. Mine won't end up perfect, but it's really my bite I'm most concerned about.

Kipepeo

#202 Post by Kipepeo »

Actually Betsy, i came home and inspected that plane and it doesn't look as bad as it used to. I wore box elastics on the lower side to close that gap. They worked, but I didn't think I was done. At my last visit he told me to stop wearing box and just do class 2. Who knows, I could start back up with box in the future.

BetsyBug

#203 Post by BetsyBug »

I had to go in yesterday because I broke a bracket off and had to go get it reattached. They didn't want to wait until next week since we are so close to being done. So I went in and they reattached it, also I complained about the teeth on the right that are lower. The ortho looked at them and said the problem is my lateral incisor and my canine. He said there really isn't alot of extruding that will be necessary because I have so much wear on my lowers from my deep bite that they will have to do alot of shaping and grinding to them to make sure I have a healthy amount of enamel to keep them from chiping that will level out everthing but they did put a bend in the wire to extrude both teeth. So he shoved my lower wire back in (you should see that thing there is a bend in the wire for every tooth) and popped the new bracket off again, so rebonded, popped it off again and rebonded one more time (its holding in there now but they had to unbend the wire a little bit so that they wouldn't break the bond again) so now I go back in three weeks to check for debonding and then if everything is good then braces will be coming off shortly after that.

Kip~ so glad your lowers are straightening up and your elastics are working. I actually was expecting elastics to extrude my lowers but I guess if a bend in the wire works then that is great too, especially since I don't have to deal with the elastics.
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

Noni

#204 Post by Noni »

Hey Elezabith , happy to hear about your progress , I think we wil have our braces off together :-* at the same time .

Your bracket can't just wait loool .

Hope things will be all good in your next appointment .

Quad Helix Expander and Braces to correct unilateral posterioor crossbite (TMJ treatment ). 6 months
Braces journey : 11 months 3 weeks (from 12 march 2012 to 3 march 2013)
My Story and Progress Update

BetsyBug

#205 Post by BetsyBug »

Wow I just found myself at the bottom of page 2. Sorry I have been away for so long.. I have to keep this post short and sweet, I am having a flareup of carpal tunnel syndrome paired with tendonitis. I'm not really supposed to be on the computer at all
I have had a few visits since my last post. I still have my braces. They keep dragging me along and telling me debrace date will be soon. (yeah right lol) I had an appointment today and the ortho just wasn't happy with how my bottoms looked so he popped off all the brackets on my lower anteriors and repositioned them. He also put in a bigger wire (some form of niti) in there. OH my the pain.....
Last adjustment they also decided that I didn't need the gaps infront of my canines anymore so I have sported a powerchain on my uppers going on two months now. They keep telling me I'm close but they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. I will try to take a picture but I don't know if i can with this splint on my arm so it may be a week or so before I post one.

In other news. My classes are kicking my hiney this semester. I am taking advanced genetics, and well lets just say its taking me more time then I though to study. All my free time has been spent in that book, so If i'm not here often blame it on genetics.
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

Kipepeo

#206 Post by Kipepeo »

I can't wait to see your new pics. I also can't believe you're still braced.

The plane of my bite still slopes down on the left, but the uppers and lowers are matched. I think I have a more gummy smile on the left if I smile/laugh really big. But at this point, I think it's just the way it's going to be. My ortho never repositioned brackets, and to be honest, if he did it this late in SPAM SPAM SPAMMING I'd be quite shocked. But I guess it's possible. I wouldn't be very happy about it, as I know it means more time.

Good luck to you, and I hope your carpal tunnel settles down.

smilehope

#207 Post by smilehope »

Hi Betsybug, I hope you're levelling out now. We were braced at the same time, but I've still got a way to go yet!
1st Feb 2012 - extraction both upper 2nd premolars
Braced 9th March 2012 - lower metal fixed and upper removable plate
5th September 2012 - bite plate gone, upper ceramic fixed fitted
Estimated treatment time 18-24 months

BetsyBug

#208 Post by BetsyBug »

Hi Smilehope!! Yes I am feeling better. My teeth have changed quite a bit in the last week and a half. When my lowers started standing straight instead of slightly tilted I have small gaps between several teeth. The open part of my bite on the right anterior area is showing up more now since everything is getting so straight. I suspect I may have and elastic for that side in the near future. Other than that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :) I go back in about two and a half weeks. My prediction will be a power chain on my lowers to close the gaps and possibly elastic on the right. I'll let you all know
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

GillyWeed

#209 Post by GillyWeed »

Exciting! You're so close to being done! Update pics soon please!
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

BetsyBug

#210 Post by BetsyBug »

I have been terrible about updating my story here...... last we talked I had gotten a new lower nitinol archwire on my lowers and had several brackets replaced. Well yesterday that awesome new archwire decided it was going to eat the back of my cheek, there is now an awful blood blister and a gaping hole back there, so I went to the office to get this fixed, a snip and a grinder later, the pokey wire was gone. But as you all know you can't just go to the ortho for a wire snip, if they can do something more they will. So now I find myself back in elastics. Anterior verticals from upper canine to lower canine (just like I had before) and a class III elastic on the right. It goes from my upper molar hook to my lower canine so that the two elastics make a V of sorts. This is to close my bite a little and align The teeth on the right side of my mouth in a proper occlusion. As you can imagine my mouth is pretty sore. No chewing for me. :) but he told me to come back in two weeks from now he told me I wouldn't be getting my braces off then, but we are close. :) Good news. However, I'll believe it when I see it. haha.
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story