Betsy's getting braces

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BetsyBug

Re: Betsy's getting braces

#181 Post by BetsyBug »

I'm anticipating that I will probably have more elastics in my future as well. Its crazy to me how quickly my teeth were pulled together with these elastics. And I have to say it was with very little pain. I think the power chain on my lowers made things hurt the worst.

Kipepeo - I hope that your elastics aren't "too" interesting :)
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

NICURN85

#182 Post by NICURN85 »

Hey Betsy,
I see we both have an adjustment tomorrow. I hope everything goes well for you and I look forward to reading your update. Any idea on your colors for tomorrow?
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

BetsyBug

#183 Post by BetsyBug »

I had my appointment today and good news. No more elastics for now!! Yay. Ortho started looking at my teeth and said they look really good. They took a new pano so he could see where my roots were. He pulled off both my upper and lower wires and proceeded to bend and bend and bend some more..... I didn't think anything of it until he shoved them back in OMG they are so tight and my teeth are killing me and have been since he put those wires back in. Hopefully the pain passes soon. They also told me that we were way ahead of schedule and anticipated I would be done by spring yay... but i'm not holding my breath anything can happen in the next few months.
I decided to go with pink and black ligs. I will take some pictures later and post them right now I'm headed for ibuprofen and some sleep :)
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

NICURN85

#184 Post by NICURN85 »

Betsy!!!
Looks like we are twins today with the pain. That is wonderful you are ahead of schedule. I can say these power chains I have are just plain EVIL!!!! My friend wanted to go out for breakfast in the morning and I'm like I can not eat anything!!!! I hope your pain goes away soon.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

BetsyBug

#185 Post by BetsyBug »

Ok here is a comparison of last adjustment and yesterdays. Lots of difference I think. The new pics are the pink/black ligs
smile
ImageImage
lop sided overjet/bite
ImageImage
uppers
ImageImage
open mouth
ImageImage
lowers (looks like to me they have gotten worse not better :))
ImageImage
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

Duncan5

#186 Post by Duncan5 »

Hi Betsy, sorry to hear you're in pain after the adjustment. Hopefully it will pass soon.

The pic of the overbite seems to show a better match between the upper and lower arches, but I have to say I'm not great at spotting changes. Generally though, they look great, I'd be more than happy if my snaggles smoothed out that well.

Pink and black! I went self-ligating partly because I'd prevaricate so much over colours the ortho would retire before I'd made up my mind. Maybe I'll take some dice in next time, just in case some elastics appear out of his Pandorian tray.

D.

BetsyBug

#187 Post by BetsyBug »

Thanks Duncan!! My teeth are feeling so much better. It seems like the overbite is leveling out a bit but I'm a little disappointed that my lowers seem to have gotten worse as opposed to better. I'm sure they will be all figured out when it all is said and done.

I like the colored ligs. I keeps it a little more fun. I am a grown person with a full time job I go to school full time and I have five kids. I have to find the fun in everything I do :)
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

lau

#188 Post by lau »

Betsy
your smile is looking great! congrats
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

Noni

#189 Post by Noni »

Happy to hear about your progress , luck you no more elastics :jump:

Your teeth looks good

Quad Helix Expander and Braces to correct unilateral posterioor crossbite (TMJ treatment ). 6 months
Braces journey : 11 months 3 weeks (from 12 march 2012 to 3 march 2013)
My Story and Progress Update

GillyWeed

#190 Post by GillyWeed »

Betsy, I love the black and pink! They look smashing. I hope everything is going well with your teeth. Give us an update soon:)
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

BetsyBug

#191 Post by BetsyBug »

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I was here....probably because there's not much to report. Teeth are pretty much the same. I go in for an adjustment on Tuesday so maybe I will have some new news then.

In other news, my 7 yo daughter has the flu. I'm busy trying to make sure the other 4 kiddos don't get it as well. School is back in as well, I'm taking 14 hours and working full time wish me luck :)

How is everyone else doing??
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

Ellabelle

#192 Post by Ellabelle »

Betsy---
I love your story and your teeth look fantastic! The alternating ligs look awesome on you. I showed my FI your pics when we were talking about colored ligs last night, I said "this girl really rocks her colors, doesn't she?", he concurred. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the progress!

BetsyBug

#193 Post by BetsyBug »

Thanks Ellabelle I have had a blast with the colors. I went with silver this month though because I have several interviews and speaking appearances this month.
The good news is at my appointment not much changed a tweak to extrude my upper canines in my archwire. I think it is now bent between every tooth. Also, a new powerchains on my lowers. Oh and the ortho said they are coming off in two months. Eight more weeks with these bad boys!!! Heck of a lot better then the original estimate of 18-24 months. So that will be just a few days over one year. Ill post aome pics later gotta work now :)
Elizabeth
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

NICURN85

#194 Post by NICURN85 »

Betsy,
CONGRATS on your debracing date being earlier than expected!!! I am glad to hear everything is going well. Just think by the summer you will be sporting your new teeth!! Well, I can't alternate with my colors now for awhile because I am chained up on all my teeth but four at the bottom! These chains are no joke. Well, I hope everything else goes well and your 7 year old feels better soon from the flu!!
~KIMMIE

Noni

#195 Post by Noni »

Good news :thumbsup:
Happy to hear that, how is your TMJ doing by the way??

I think I will have my braces of in 2 months too :jump:

Quad Helix Expander and Braces to correct unilateral posterioor crossbite (TMJ treatment ). 6 months
Braces journey : 11 months 3 weeks (from 12 march 2012 to 3 march 2013)
My Story and Progress Update