Jay's Braces Journey...

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

HeyBuckey!

Re: Jay's Braces Journey...

#16 Post by HeyBuckey! »

Yay!!!

You made it out in one piece! That initial thought of what it's going to feel like will keep you from wanting to do it. Wow! Check out that fused tooth! It looks like that was a beast to pull out! I know it hasn't been long but I hope you begin to feel well soon and that you don't have too much pain post-novacaine withdrawl...
~*iHeY^bUcKeY!*~
Image Image
Upper row braced 9/23/2009
Lower row braced 10/5/2009
Molar banded 11/16/2009
Final Eval/Braces Removal 4/10/2012
Sentence: 24-30 Months
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =heybuckey

VioletJay

#17 Post by VioletJay »

In case anyone is interested, this is what I look like now with the teeth extracted. I was worried about this but it turns out you can't even notice from the front and notice from the side only when I smile broadly. :mrgreen:

So there we are! Feeling much more normal today - haven't taken any painkillers all day and ate Chinese food for lunch, so I must be on the mend! :)
Proud mama, graphic designer, writer and editor, working toward increased self sufficiency with my man, my little girl and my wits about me! Adios, jumbly teeth; hello happy smile! :)

VioletJay

#18 Post by VioletJay »

147 hours left until braces time!!!! Getting excited now! :)
Proud mama, graphic designer, writer and editor, working toward increased self sufficiency with my man, my little girl and my wits about me! Adios, jumbly teeth; hello happy smile! :)

elseegee64

#19 Post by elseegee64 »

HI Jay! Thanks for starting your story, I'll be sure to follow you!

VioletJay

#20 Post by VioletJay »

Right! With only 98.5 hours left until braces go on, we are off out to buy a Waterpik. Getting the Ultra plug in model (WP 100) because there's not much space in the bathroom and I've heard better reviews on it that on the cordless models.

Oh, and we're getting the ingredients for Spanish rice too - having one last rice cookup before I have to start squirting grains out of my teeth! Tee hee! :D

VioletJay

#21 Post by VioletJay »

Got it! Now unwrapping it while cooking Spanish rice... Nifty looking thing, to be sure! Ha! :)

Bracedforbraces

#22 Post by Bracedforbraces »

Good luck, I bet you are feeling excited and nervous. I am and I still have just over two weeks to go! I bought a water pik yesterday after reading all the posts in these forums. It is brilliant, mine is a bit clumpy as our bathroom is tiny but the fab results make up for that. I can really see how it would blast food out of a brace.
All the best :dance:

VioletJay

#23 Post by VioletJay »

Got my stitches out today - the dentist says they're healing nicely! While I was there I raised the fact that I thought my right rear bicuspid had a cavity in it - and it did! So he unexpectedly numbed me up and filled it. Now I can't move half my lip, which is...fun! Oh well - 2 days until brace day!

49 hours!!!!!!!!! 49 hours until my lifelong wait for straight, pretty teeth ends! 49 hours until I start the journey of doing something really nice for myself! I am excited. This is a positive step even if it might be painful or achy at times. :)

BetsyBug

#24 Post by BetsyBug »

My goodness teeth always look so big when you look at them out of someones head. I don't think I will ever get over that. I remember seeing my wisdom teeth when they pulled them out thinking those giant things were in my head??? LOL

You do have beautiful white teeth you look great now, just think how they will look when they are all straight and you don't have to think of which side is your best side when you smile.

Its kinda awesome that your dentist got your cavity knocked out so quick for you so you don't have to be delayed in your bracing.

Its so cute you counting down the hours to your bracing, I have 1 hour and 49 mins now....lol my stomach is doing flip flops. My brain isn't so nervous but my body seems to be physically reacting to my nerves...LOL. I have been waiting for this for so long its just kind of like a journey coming to an end and another one starting (with a little more hardware in my mouth) Can't wait to see your "braced" pictures. We can go on this journey together :)
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

VioletJay

#25 Post by VioletJay »

Ooooooooh good luck Betsy!!

VioletJay

#26 Post by VioletJay »

24 hours left of being brace-free! Then it's braces on for two years or so! Today I have been struck down by some kind of godawful gastro-food-poisoning thing so hopefully it'll abate before tomorrow afternoon... Ugh!

VioletJay

#27 Post by VioletJay »

Today's the day! I will post pics when I am all braced up! :-*

maeby

#28 Post by maeby »

Woo-hoo! So happy for you! I hope it goes fabulously and I can't wait to hear how it all went. Spare no detail! :D
Read My Braces Story: "Maeby Getting Braces"

Top Arch Braced: April 18, 2012
Bottom Arch: October 9, 2012

BetsyBug

#29 Post by BetsyBug »

:jump: :jump: :jump: Yay Jay!!! Its the big day. Good luck!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
Elizabeth
Getting top and bottom traditional metal braces and bite turbos
correcting crowding, overbite, and TMJ on 3/6/2012
Turbos Removed 8/14/2012

Click for my story

VioletJay

#30 Post by VioletJay »

They're on! That was easy! More later - with pics! :)