6 MONTH SMILE BRACES

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kribbo

Re: 6 MONTH SMILE BRACES

#31 Post by kribbo »

I second that bluemoonz as I'm getting them in 2 weeks and I'm SO NERVOUS. Hoping more than anything that I don't regret it...especially when they come off!

bluemoonz

#32 Post by bluemoonz »

It is very daunting seen as they haven't been around very long so you can't really tell what the long term impact will be, I still really want to get them though. Best of luck with yours!

kribbo

#33 Post by kribbo »

Bluemoonz, I think they are still using tried and tested orthodontic techniques with 6 month smiles, it's just that treatment finishes when your front teeth are straight and not your whole arch. If people dont have arch/bite issues then this should be okay. I flippin' hope so anyway!

By the way, I found this blog earlier and it actually has a post written seven months after removal! She seems happy so it at least works for some: http://mysixmonthsmile.blogspot.co.uk/

Good luck with whatever you decide. I'm still all over the place about whether I've made the right decision but have to go ahead now. Time will tell and I'll just have to hope for the best.

daveyw

#34 Post by daveyw »

kribbo,
i'm doing a 6 month-ish course using cfast braces.
i'm 6 weeks in so far, and have noticed some definite movement,
which i'm very happy about.

i'm a long way from straight front teeth yet, but i'm still very positive about things so far.
my only real concern atm is how loose the second front incisors are,
particularly the up and down movement when they bite onto my lowers.
but my dentist assured me that she is happy they are 'nice and loose' at my first adjustment.

alixx77

#35 Post by alixx77 »

Hi

I am new to this forum and cannot see any information about six months smile so reading your posts were really useful however what I want to know is...

How are you teeth a couple of years on? Are they still in place or was it a short term fix?

Thank you

Alix

kribbo

#36 Post by kribbo »

alixx77 wrote:Hi

I am new to this forum and cannot see any information about six months smile so reading your posts were really useful however what I want to know is...

How are you teeth a couple of years on? Are they still in place or was it a short term fix?

Thank you

Alix
Hi Alix,

I'm only 4 months in so I can't help you with that one! There has been some movement in my top arch but very little in my bottom arch which is more crowded. My estimate was 9 months which should mean they come off in November. They are a royal pain in the arse but I'm just hoping it's all worth it in the end. There are some other threads about 6 month smiles on this forum if you do a search. Must admit though, hardly any information on the net about people who completed the treatment years ago which does worry me a little.

Anyway, sorry that's no help, but good luck if you decide to go ahead with treatment.

Clare

Fizzy123

#37 Post by Fizzy123 »

Hi guys
I wanted to share that today I got my 6 month smile fitted in! The process was okay, bearable
As soon as I was done the first thing I noticed was my speech lol especially anything with a SSS but you get used to it. The braces do feel awkward and sticking out. I'm finding it hard to seal my lips for long then it starts feeling uncomfortable. I have tried to eat and have felt pain in the first day. Stuck to mash and soft things. Teeth feel almost dense and sore, hoping it goes away.
I had braces when I was in school but I lost my retainers, so 20 years on now one or two teeth slightly misaligned but nothing major for some reason the six month smile seems more bulky and sticking out then the metal ones I had in school. I was advised by the ortho when brushing not to brush directly on the braces but use the brush above and below the braces at an angle, also recommended flossing and a sodium fluoride toothpaste which is only available on prescription in the UK, I was able to buy this from them. The mentioned to stay away from hard foods and tea and coffee, but being a heavy tea drinker they said I could use a straw so the tea is not touching the wires this is so that they don't get stained.

alefranco1

#38 Post by alefranco1 »

Omg! I can't believe you slept through your removal date! Hopefully they were able to see you ASAP