On My way!!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kellyb

Re: On My way!!

#16 Post by kellyb »

looking forward to hearing how it went :D

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

anngie27

#17 Post by anngie27 »

Well, the ortho had a change in treatment plan and i ended up only getting 12 brackets total being placed yesterday. He says that he wants me to have my second premolars removed as planned tomorrow and then I can come in on Tuesday next week to have the archwire placed on the 12 brackets. He says he'll keep me with just the side ones until about 3 or 4 months when there is enough room for my crowded bottom teeth to be able to be shifted into and then i'll get those placed.
I was a little bummed about not having everything done yesterday, but i understood why. The right side of my inner cheek is sore from one of the brackets rubbing against, but otherwise, not too bad. I suppose it will be worse when the archwire will go in and i'll also be dealing with the extractions.
It feels really weird to have all this metal in my mouth. I am trying not to back out of this, but my head keeps filling with thoughts about all the things that you have to sign before you get anything done ---basically how they are not responsible if root resorption take place.
We'll see...

Kirsten2011

#18 Post by Kirsten2011 »

hello anngie
So glad to hear you are finally on your way! Well done!! I know how weird and uncomfortable it can be for the first year days, but just try and eat soft foods, not too hot or cold and dont try and bite or chew anything hard, its actually impossible for the first few days to do this anyway.
What helped me a lot with the soreness and scratchiness of the brackets, etc was using the wax. It can feel a bit odd but it does also get better.
Be brave!! Keep us updated!!
Best wishes, from Cape Town RSA!! xx

anngie27

#19 Post by anngie27 »

Thanks for Kristen2011! How are you holding up?

anngie27

#20 Post by anngie27 »

Whe i had all four of my second premolars extracted yesterday, i wanted to cry. Not because of pain, but because i am scared i wont be able to follow this through or my teeth wont be pretty in the end or something like root resportion will hppen and i will have lost all my teeth. Right now, i am concerned that there is no turning back now and i have to go through with this.
On top of it, i dont feel i have the support of my hubby. He tells me, this is what u want. Well yeAh, i really need to do this if i dont want to lose my teeth in the future due to them
Shifting even more. He isnt comforting at all and i feel he thinks i should suck it up. He never understood my dental phobia. I have come a long way. Yesterdy i had all four second premolars extracted and he didnt ask me how i ws getting he. I took the train home and found him napping with our kids. He didnt know when i came in. When he woke up he only asked how was it, i said ok. And he left it at that.
Then went outside 3 hours later and left me with all 3 toddlers. I think i needed a little more time than that. Whennhe came in at 7 i went strsight to bed. I dont know how i m going to get thru the next 2 yrs

anngie27

#21 Post by anngie27 »

Today, I am on the verge of tears. I feel like i am doubting everything to do with getting braces, being in braces right now.
I don't know what to do.

jem

#22 Post by jem »

Anngie,

Your husband has probably not appreciated how big a deal this all is for you. We men can be pretty dense in this way sometimes, but it does not mean we love our wives any less.

Please hang in there; you have already taken the hardest steps. As people on this site say all the time, their only regret has t been not doing it sooner. Before you know it you will have a wonderful smile and wearing braces to get you there is no big deal as you will soon appreciate. Having braces will almost certainly help you overcome your dental phobia and you have clearly made great strides already.

Good luck
Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

elseegee64

#23 Post by elseegee64 »

Anngie - look at life One Day At A Time - not 2-years from now. You'll have the support from this Forum!

I don't need any extractions, my appointment is in 2 more days. Thank you for your experience!

anngie27

#24 Post by anngie27 »

So i went last night and had buttons places placed and hpt pink power chains placed on both sides of mu teeth and the archwire put in. My teeth r achy!

smilehope

#25 Post by smilehope »

Hey Anngie, hope you're bearing up ok. Just read your story so far.
Not getting braced till next week, but had 2 premolars out on 1st Feb and I know I felt yuk all day so I feel for you.

Right at the moment I hate the waiting, but want to get on with it at the same time!
I think one day at a time seems the way to go.
Remember this is a positive thing you're doing for yourself.
1st Feb 2012 - extraction both upper 2nd premolars
Braced 9th March 2012 - lower metal fixed and upper removable plate
5th September 2012 - bite plate gone, upper ceramic fixed fitted
Estimated treatment time 18-24 months

anngie27

#26 Post by anngie27 »

Thanks Smilehope. I am feeling better now that i have the archwire in, I guess because something is being done. I'm talking a little weird and some of my teeth feel weird too.
We'll see later today.

anngie27

#27 Post by anngie27 »

Hoping I got my ticker posted right!

anngie27

#28 Post by anngie27 »

So I go in last night to have my wires clipped and instead got a new thicker wire and tighting and new power chains. I chose lilac power chains, but they are a little lighter than i expected.
I totally wasn't expecting this, so it caught me all off guard. I definitely don't like the pressure that is applied while he was trying to place the wire in. It felt like he was pulling my molar out! Not fun! Then on top of it, he broke a bracket while trying to get the wire squared away in place. What should have been a few minute appointment turned out to be 45 minutes! I go back in 4 weeks for an adjustment.
Can't wait :crazy: :ThumbsDown:

Domino

#29 Post by Domino »

Wow, that was quite a surprise, anngie! I know you didn't enjoy it, but are you glad about the progress? I can't wait to get different things to get my teeth moving :)
My Story — Braced on 2 March 2012. 4 premolar extractions. Ceramic/clear uppers, metal lowers. Duration of 2 years.
Currently: Third adjustment 19 June (all teeth bracketed!)

anngie27

#30 Post by anngie27 »

Hi Dom- wish i had the other 12 of my teeth braced since those are the most crooked. I did notice the floss slides in much easier in a few that r braced. Can't wait for the premolar gaps to close.
Just saw that your adjustment is set for april 10- the same day as mine. Good luck! :tingrin: