braceface74 story with pics

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jem

Re: braceface74 story with pics

#61 Post by jem »

Wow! fantastic progress in only 12 months. when will you finish?

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

braceface74

#62 Post by braceface74 »

I haven't asked in a long time when i will be finished.. always too scared of the answer lol not to mention that i don't think they ever really commit until they can say for sure at the next visit they will come off.

If i remember right i was told that i am almost there, just a bit of tweaking to do.. i notice that there are a few gaps in the top, the midline aint quite right and the two middle front teeth aren't the same level.

I don't suppose i'm in any rush now to get them off as my main concern was always going back to work with them on and since i go back to work next week then i'll just have to cope even with the gross greeness lol.

Next adjustment is on the 28th so only two weeks :).

I also want to see someone (my regular dentist has now left so i need a new one!) about getting my teeth whitenened, stains removed etc which might not be too straight forward as i have quite a few fillings in the front and as i understand it whitening wont change that.. they would have to be replaced. However, i'll wait and see what they look like after the braces are off.
Braces journey 16/01/2012 - 03/06/2013 :)

My Braces story

braceface74

#63 Post by braceface74 »

ok,so first week back to work and nobody said anything about the braces :)... Looking forward to my adjustment next week.. get this powerchain changed or maybe even off. . Fingers crossed i get the final wire on top and then surely i'm on the home straight :)

My Braces story

jem

#64 Post by jem »

Good luck for your appointment today! I look forward to hearing your progress.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012

braceface74

#65 Post by braceface74 »

not a lot to report, a new chain on top.. some crazy wiring on the bottoms, elastic just on my right side and go back in 5 weeks so not too long to wait.. hopefully next appointment will get me on the final top wire.

My Braces story

braceface74

#66 Post by braceface74 »

10 months
10 Months a.JPG
12.5 months
13 months a.JPG
Despite being careful i have another stained power chain!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Braces story

lau

#67 Post by lau »

great progress! your bite is really good too
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

braceface74

#68 Post by braceface74 »

thanks lau.. yeah, i didn't notice the bite being off too much really but it's feeling pretty good at the moment.. can't stop closing my teeth together to feel how well the close :)

My Braces story

braceface74

Almost there

#69 Post by braceface74 »

Slowly but surely... No more than another three months. At the moment we are trying level out the front two teeth so I have some strange wiring on them. If that doesn't work them ill need to have the bracket re-positioned.... So keep your fingers crossed this does the trick. I go back in 6 wks and if the have levelled then I believe I was told I would then get an appointment to have them removed.

My Braces story

jem

#70 Post by jem »

Hi BF74,

You continue to make really good progress. I hope the new initiative to level up your central incisors is effective. Then not long to debracing day! Hope I will be joining you.

Best wishes

Jem

braceface74

#71 Post by braceface74 »

Thanks Jem, I think i'm pretty confident this will do the trick, i can see a difference already and it was only adjused yesterday :). I'm not sure about this black triangle though.. i think the power chain has been previously masking it!! Not quite sure whether to get in touch with the ortho shortly as I don't think i need 6wks to have these teeth level!!

13 months a.JPG
IMG_0301.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Braces story

jem

#72 Post by jem »

Wow that is tremendous progress. I think I would contact the ortho for an early appointment if I were you as this wire set up may over-correct your right central.

With regard to the black triangle, do you mean between your central incisors? I had a triangle between my centrals after my brace had uprighted them slightly. My ortho sorted it out easily by doing some IPR between my centrals and then closing the gap (overnight) with a powerchain. I needed the IPR anyway to give me more space.

I am looking for bends in my wire on the horizontal plane, if that makes sense. When my brackets are in a perfect arch looking from below, my teeth are not. I think I need the bracket on my left lateral to be some way inside a perfect arch for the tooth itself to be in a perfect arch with the other teeth. I know that logically this should not make sense as perfect wire shape should = perfect teeth. But that does not seem to apply with my left lateral, perhaps because the 2 sides of my arch are asymmetrical because the left lateral is much narrower then the right one.

I look forward to your updates.

Jem

braceface74

#73 Post by braceface74 »

thanks jem.

yeah, this is what i worry about... that it will over correct and i'll need to reverse it! I've always just been in the way of things over correcting in the past (big gaps forming etc) but when you get close to the end you definitely don't want to be prolonging any longer than necesary.

As for the black triangle, yes i'm talking about between the front two teeth. I think i really need to consult a dentist to see what they recommend as far as general whitening etc following the braces. One of the front teeth has a root canal hence the discolouring so not sure if that would really need a veneer or whether they could do something by re-filling. I'd rather see someone that is experienced in cosmetic dentistry as opposed to my newly appointed nhs general dentist. I don't want have come this far to have some random dentist make a mess!!

My Braces story

braceface74

#74 Post by braceface74 »

Got an appt for Monday to check this wiring wont overcorrect ! who knows... Might get a debracing date :lol:

My Braces story

Duendecilla

#75 Post by Duendecilla »

It is going great!!! We hope to read good news after the appointment :)

I got Six Month Smiles
My story here