Lau's Story

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jem

Re: Lau's Story

#61 Post by jem »

Let's see some pictures Lau! I am curious to see what wires for rotating and tilting look like as they are probably in my future.

I hope your pain has subsided.

Best wishes

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

lau

#62 Post by lau »

hey- here is a pic that i took with my cel phone. the best way i can explain is that they took my flexible (original) wire and they put it behind my thicker archwire and they tightened and tightened. I think they'll keep doing this for while until my teeth straighten. I had read somewhere that your teeth will follow the flexible wire and that the thicker one is to maintain your bite/open arch. Good news is i have no pain anymore-

PD: check out my metallic silver ligs- they ran out of the light gray ones :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

smilehope

#63 Post by smilehope »

I love the double wires - it must feel like they're working twice as hard!
1st Feb 2012 - extraction both upper 2nd premolars
Braced 9th March 2012 - lower metal fixed and upper removable plate
5th September 2012 - bite plate gone, upper ceramic fixed fitted
Estimated treatment time 18-24 months

lau

#64 Post by lau »

Psychologically yes, it feels like I am Super Brace girl here, and hoping that it straightens my teeth FAST!! I havent noticed big change for a while so i need at least something to move :-*
My story + progress pix

ArchWired28

#65 Post by ArchWired28 »

Hi Lau,

I was curious how is your midline movement going along? Any progress so far?
Had full mouth metal braces for 21 months. Debonded April 2013. Now wearing clear plastic retainers every other night.

I have no formal dental or orthodontic education. Hence, all opinions expressed by me on this forum are those of an "informed consumer" and by no means intended as an expert advice.

lau

#66 Post by lau »

Hey Archwired28!
my midline is looking a lot less crooked for sure. I'll be posting a progress picture on the 4th which will mark my 7th month monthniverssary.
Since i opted for not extracting any teeth (for a perfect smile ortho recommended taking out 3 teeth) I will not be going for a Hollywood smile, but rather a major improvement- which I am perfectly comfortable and happy with.

Thanks for checking in!
My story + progress pix

lau

#67 Post by lau »

Happy 7th Month-niverssary to me!! here are my progress pics.
its been 20 days since they added flexible wires to my teeth to rotate them. I don't see a lot of change so i will ask them on my adjustment on the 14th.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My story + progress pix

NICURN85

#68 Post by NICURN85 »

Looks like you are coming along nicely!! I am excited about starting my journey!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

CleoAZ

#69 Post by CleoAZ »

Looking good :D

lau

#70 Post by lau »

Thanks NICURN85 and CleoAZ for accompanying my journey and the kind words!
My story + progress pix

lau

#71 Post by lau »

Had an adjustment today! :pinkbraces: and the filling of a cavity :GapToothed:

Everything looks good he said. he tightened and replaced my ligs. I need to go back in 6 weeks (not 4)

I asked him about the position of the teeth and he said they are pretty much as they will be. I do still have the 4 mm asymmetric midline, but I will be done in 4 months. If i want to do IPR, it will be about approx 8-10 months, so I went ahead and confirmed I want to keep going as scheduled. Straight teeth and a little asymmetry will be Ok for me.
My story + progress pix

jem

#72 Post by jem »

Hello Lau,

14 May was also adjustment day for me. I am also back in 6 weeks (plus 2 days as I am elsewhere on the Monday)

Thicker wire plus small powerchain this time. I think my left canine is starting to de-rotate and hopefully this thicker wire will complete that. The left canine and lateral are competing for space at the moment and hopefully that will also resolve somewhat over the next 6 weeks.

All the best,

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

lau

#73 Post by lau »

Hi Jem! glad you're doing well. another coincidence - I will go to the next adjustment on June 21 as from the 25th i will be out on vacation for 2 weeks.
how's your journey treating you?
My story + progress pix

klobird

#74 Post by klobird »

Hey Lau! May 14 must have been adjustment day all over!! I had my adjustment too!
It only lasted about 15 mins., and they activated the other side of my Forsus, and moved it back a tooth. Moving it back has made ALL the difference! I could do this the rest of the time instead of elastics now. Finally, it is fully comfortable. The only drawback is that so much food gets caught in it...

Wow, Lau--are you getting your braces off before even 1 year??? You are sooooo lucky!!
I still have a year to go!

Hey my next adjustment is June 18--5 weeks from yesterday. It will be the shortest time between adjustments that I have had so far. It was 9 weeks between adjustments this last time...

Your teeth are so white Lau, and I am so jealous!! :HugeGrin:

lau

#75 Post by lau »

Hi Klo!
awesome to hear you and your friend Mr forsus are doing well! :thumbsup:

Thanks about the compliment of my teeth being white. After I got the cavity filled i feel I am not doing enough to clean my teeth. I hadn't had one in many years, so i felt like I need to waterpik more.

About my treatment, I am hoping to get these babies off at 12 months rather than 18 but I am taking the 'express' solution without centering my midline. I thought about it and still stand behind my original objective which was to improve my smile as fast and cheap as possible. My main goal was fixing a tooth that had tilted & behind the rest and that has been fixed as well as my bottom teeth which were very crooked. I am going to try to pull a "Tom Cruise" smile (not as charming plus I am a girl) LOL :mrgreen:

Take care,
Lau
My story + progress pix