Can I do it?

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jem

Re: Can I do it?

#421 Post by jem »

Well done Eb! Post some pics.

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

EbonyQ

#422 Post by EbonyQ »

With ligatures, you can see the gap I closed with a power chain today. This was before my lip became a golf ball :lol:

Will take a picture of my power chain tomorrow :thumbsup:

[/url]

plugnickel69

#423 Post by plugnickel69 »

Wow, you are really moving forward and conquering all your fears at once. Congrats!!

TMJJill

#424 Post by TMJJill »

Hi Ebony,

It is great that you can get your ortho problems fixed at work. I have a 45 minute drive each way and have to take a couple hours off work every time I have to have something fixed. I usually have a couple in-between visits every single time.

I bet Eric was very pleased that you requested that next archwire. That is certainly a big step.

I love that you are willing to experiment in order to relate to your patients. That is what is making you the person they want treating them.

Good luck with your new adjustments. :)

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

starfish88

#425 Post by starfish88 »

Congrats your doing so well. Your teeth look really good!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

BracedSurgeryStudent

#426 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Hey your teeth are looking great, my braces are coming off at the end of April, I'm getting impressions for retainers on the 28th of March.
Jenn Medeiros

EbonyQ

#427 Post by EbonyQ »

Thanks guys! The picture was only to show the ligs, not how my teeth are (I did not bite properly on that picture). But anyways, thanks! :heart:

I wonder if I should make a cake to Eric next time, as a thanks for what he has done. Wonder if this one would be a good cake to give:
I did not make the cake in the picture :wink:
I have to make it to my boss because I lost a quiz game with him :roll:

[/url]

Kipepeo

#428 Post by Kipepeo »

I saw that cake posted on Facebook. I love it, and will make a variation of it someday. And yes I think you should make this one. It's so cute!

Tobilei

#429 Post by Tobilei »

You're doing amazingly :mrgreen: Loving those forest green ligs. So pretty. I'll have to show my daughter. She's been wanting to try some new colours.

TMJJill

#430 Post by TMJJill »

Cute cake. Let us know how yours turns out. It should be fun. :D

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

EbonyQ

#431 Post by EbonyQ »

Monday is the big appointment day! So far I’m very calm and don’t think too much on it, which is a big step. Normally I would count hours and days. Before the appointment with Eric I have an appointment at the Dental Phobia Clinic, it might be my last appointment with them. Strange!

Had dinner with some people from work today too and corn on cob was part of our meal. This is something I have heard is a no no with braces and therefor have not eaten it right from the cob since I got braced. Asked boss about it and he was like: what? You don’t eat it with braces? Have you tried it before?

So when he promised to fix my braces if I lost a bracket or something I could eat the corn right from the cob. It tasted so good!

Nice to have a boss who is like “just eat this or do that, I’ll fix it if something happens” 8)

[/url]

klobird

#432 Post by klobird »

After a while I just gave in to the "it will cost you $50 if you break a bracket" policy of my ortho. OK, what the hell--a $50 bucket of popcorn must just be worth it--so I ate it...and ate it...and ate it...and I'm still eating it...not a single problem...soooo I have eaten EVERYTHING that I have wanted except my braces debanding day treat which is going to be "Archer's almond caramel toffee popcorn" (not sure of the order of the words--but it's all there!)

Eb--didn't the corn get stuck all over in your braces? Corn OFF the cob gets stuck everywhere when I eat it--so much that I don't think I've eaten it in public so far....

I am so amazed at how far you've come--it's not just Eric's doing--you have been so brave and courageous.... :heart: :heart: :heart: :HugeGrin:

jem

#433 Post by jem »

Hi Eb.

I have an appointment on Monday too-maybe a bit of a crossroads one as to where we are going with my treatment as I don't seem to be making any progress in recent months.

I will be thinking of you on Monday. Good luck!

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

EbonyQ

#434 Post by EbonyQ »

Klobird: I know klobird, I tried to tell you but you were a stubborn child who had to follow the rules :lol: :roll: I have been eating no no things since I got my braces :thumbsup:
And happy late Birthday!! :-)o :-V :jokerlaugh: How was your day?
And thanks!! :heart:

Jem: Thanks! :heart: I was thinking of you today too! How did it go?

The appointment at the dental phobia clinic went very well, I think it was my last one!
I anyway will see them again on Monday but this time not as a pt. The dentist doing my treatment asked if I wanted help her with her lecture for the dental students about dental fear on Monday (if they don't move it). I will not work at this dental phobia clinic permanently, just help them a few Mondays. It might be a very good experience to have later :D

Eric was very late today, it was almost 6 pm (my app. was 5.15 pm) when he came to get me and because of this we did not do anything. He looked at my bite and asked if I wanted heavier elastics, if my anxiety would allow it. He wanted to give me either fox or rabbit, and went with fox since they are kinder that rabbit.

Asked if I could rather have the packet I brought with me from work (with colors!!!!!) and at first Eric thought that I was joking because these were heavier than both fox and rabbit.
Eric opened the bag I gave him: “but these are heavier than Fox. 1 oz heavier”
“Yes, I know but they have colors!” :HugeGrin:
“If colors can win over you anxiety then feel free to use them” he chuckled

So I got my elastics with colors (which I have secretly been wearing these last few days because those he first gave me did not work at all, they were so thin…. I of course asked boss before I started using them).

Eric seemed so happy when we were finished, talked about how well it went today (I did not have that much anxiety) and so on. I think it is important for his own motivation to see some progress of my anxiety too, not only for my own motivations.

[/url]

Angel269

#435 Post by Angel269 »

Great news Eb, especially that you have progressed onto elastics.

Look forward to seeing photos as you see more changes. You are doing so well and bet you are glad that you didn't give up :-)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13