Dan's Braces Take #2

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

methoddan

Dan's Braces Take #2

#1 Post by methoddan »

I had braces when I was a teenager, but failed to wear my retainer, so my teeth shifted back. Fast forward 20 years and here I am back in braces. I got my braces on Aug 9, 2011. It was mush faster and easier than the first time around. I also have had minimal pain so far. I have not used any wax this time around. So either, my pain tolerance is higher now and/or the new smaller brackets are more streamed lined and easier on cheeks/lips. I failed to take a picture before braces, plus all my regular pictures only show my top teeth when I smiled (intentionally). My orthodontist said treatment will be 15 months. Here we go...

methoddan

Re: Dan's Braces Take #2

#2 Post by methoddan »

About 1 week into treatment

Braces on August 9, 2011
Braces off November 30, 2012

My braces story take #2

tarabears

#3 Post by tarabears »

Congrats on your new braces! Looking forward to seeing progress pics :)
Tara, 25 yrs old.
Braced 07/19/11. Ceramic uppers, metal lowers.

methoddan

#4 Post by methoddan »

Thank you. I was told that the bottom will take a few months for me to notice, since the first wires I have are pretty thin. Regardless, I am very excited to watch the progression.
Braces on August 9, 2011

My braces story take #2

dojo

#5 Post by dojo »

You do have some nice pearlies :)

Best of luck with the treatment. Can't wait to see your progress, its' amazing to compare these pictures with what you'll have in 2-3 months time. Just hang in there and keep us posted ;)
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces

methoddan

#6 Post by methoddan »

Day 8

I am feeling good so far. I have some minor tenderness with a tooth here and there. I have not needed any pain meds or wax. This is easier than when I had braces as a teen. I hardly notice my braces at all except when eating. The funniest thing about braces is how slow I eat. My wife finishes her meal and I am barely a quarter done with mine. I can chew just fine, but I am cautious with biting into food. Fork and knife are my new best friends. Braces are a "nice" diet as others have said. I also switched from Superfloss to Glide with a threader and flossing is much easier and faster.
Braces on August 9, 2011

My braces story take #2

methoddan

#7 Post by methoddan »

For those curious I have In-Ovation C uppers and In-Ovation R lowers.
Braces on August 9, 2011

My braces story take #2

methoddan

#8 Post by methoddan »

Today is my 1 month anniversary of being braced. Today happens to also be my 2 year wedding anniversary to my beautiful wife!

Staring at my teeth multiple times a day has lead me to believe that my teeth have not moved. However, seeing and comparing the pic from 1 month ago and flossing have shown some small progress. What do you all think?

Before and After: 1 month progress

The month has been been pretty easy pain wise and eating has been pretty easy. My first adjustment will be on Oct 4th. I will be getting new wires on upper and lowers.

1 month down and and 14 more to go. :mrgreen:
Braces on August 9, 2011

My braces story take #2

methoddan

#9 Post by methoddan »

Hey everyone. I had my first adjustment (at 8 weeks) earlier last week. Since my ortho's office is across the street from my dentist's office, I went in to get my arch wires removed. Then got a deep cleaning with my hygienist. Finally back to my ortho for new wires. I got a bigger upper arch wire. While putting in the upper, the assistance/tech broke a bracket, so they had to put on a new bracket. No big deal, except a little more time in the chair. My ortho then did some minor IPR on my front lower teeth to make more space to promote more movement. I got a new, but same size lower arch wire. I left and thought I would be back in 6 weeks for my next adjustment. However after each lunch, I noticed my lower right wire was poking up in the back. They had bent the wire ends down, so I knew something was wrong. I called my ortho and they said to come right in. I rushed over and got right into the chair. The tech takes a look and immediately calls my ortho to take a look. Apparently the wire rolled, but only on the right side due to a bend in the middle. They pulled the wire and corrected it. It has been fine since. Very weird, but glad it happened right away when I was close to get it addressed.

Before and After: 2 month progress

Again, I see some progress, but I am getting impatient. Come on IPR. Help move those lower teeth. :)
Braces on August 9, 2011

My braces story take #2

methoddan

#10 Post by methoddan »

Today is my 3 month update. I am very happy with my progress. Let me know what you all think. I go in for my second adjustment on Nov 14th.

Before and After: 3 month progress
Braces on August 9, 2011

My braces story take #2

QueenElizabeth

#11 Post by QueenElizabeth »

[quote="methoddan"]Today is my 3 month update. I am very happy with my progress. Let me know what you all think. I go in for my second adjustment on Nov 14th.

Wooot!! :mrgreen: Your teeth are looking great!! :thumbsup: I can't wait to see the crowding in my bottom teeth go away. :)
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
-Bob Marley

methoddan

#12 Post by methoddan »

Thank you! Not only is my crowding going away, but so did my tan from the summer months of golfing. 8)
Braces on August 9, 2011

My braces story take #2

Lia77

#13 Post by Lia77 »

Great progress. They will have straightened out in now time! :)

methoddan

#14 Post by methoddan »

Quick update on my journey. Progress has slowed a little, but I am very pleased with my results. My next adjustment is Jan 3rd. Happy holidays everyone!

Before and After: 4 month progress
Braces on August 9, 2011

My braces story take #2

methoddan

#15 Post by methoddan »

I hope everyone had nice holidays! I just had my 5 month braces anniversary. I also had my 3rd adjustment. New thicker wires on top and bottom. I believe my top is as thick as they will be for the rest of my treatment. I also got a power chain on top. Let me know what you think.

Before and After: 5 month progress
Braces on August 9, 2011

My braces story take #2