The Journey has begun.

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AM21

Re: The Journey has begun.

#31 Post by AM21 »

:jump: Looking good!! So, did you shed any tears since your gap is officially CLOSED?! lol! That's so awesome!! :D
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

NICURN85

#32 Post by NICURN85 »

Congrats!! I will be beginning my journey in about 3 weeks. I am nervous and excited at the same time. It is nice to see others photos like your and how much progress can happen in less than a year. My sentence will be 24-30 months. Well, I wish you the best of luck as you continue your journey.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

SiNsation

#33 Post by SiNsation »

AM21 wrote::jump: Looking good!! So, did you shed any tears since your gap is officially CLOSED?! lol! That's so awesome!! :D

Heyyy! I seen on your blog that your gap closed up as well! :HugeGrin: :jump:

But no I didn't lol...Before I got my braces I thought when my gap closed that I would feel totally different, and cry etc. But now i'm ready for the other gaps to close! and EVERYTHING to look perfect! Lol

I think i'm my ortho's toughest patient. She says she can never please me. But I didn't pay her all that money to just close the front gap ya know? lol But I am very happy with my progress.

Did you cry when yours closed? Or felt any different? How are you feeling about your progression?

SiNsation

#34 Post by SiNsation »

NICURN85 wrote:Congrats!! I will be beginning my journey in about 3 weeks. I am nervous and excited at the same time. It is nice to see others photos like your and how much progress can happen in less than a year. My sentence will be 24-30 months. Well, I wish you the best of luck as you continue your journey.
Thank you :) ! I'm excited for you as well. I had the same feelings your are having now. Excited and nervous at the same time.

I would just say, eat before or right after you get your braces because as the day progresses, you will be in a little bit of pain lol. Also, take pictures! Even if you only update once a month or every other month. It really helps to see your progression.

Happy Smiling and I can't wait to see your journey! :D :jump: :HugeGrin:

AM21

#35 Post by AM21 »

SiNsation wrote:
AM21 wrote::jump: Looking good!! So, did you shed any tears since your gap is officially CLOSED?! lol! That's so awesome!! :D

But no I didn't lol...Before I got my braces I thought when my gap closed that I would feel totally different, and cry etc. But now i'm ready for the other gaps to close! and EVERYTHING to look perfect! Lol

I think i'm my ortho's toughest patient. She says she can never please me. But I didn't pay her all that money to just close the front gap ya know? lol But I am very happy with my progress.

Did you cry when yours closed? Or felt any different? How are you feeling about your progression?
Lol, she may not be able to please you right now, while your teeth are still shifting but when the braces come off, I'm sure you'll be very pleased then. :)

No, I didn't cry either but I couldn't stop staring at my teeth.. I guess I kept checking to make sure it was really real and I wasn't dreaming. lol I was just really excited. I'm loving the progress that has been made so far.. My teeth look SO much better, I still have a while to go but I know the end result will be fantastic!

kellyb

#36 Post by kellyb »

wow, your teeth are looking great. i hope mine move as fast as yours :-*

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

NICURN85

#37 Post by NICURN85 »

SiNsation wrote:
NICURN85 wrote:Congrats!! I will be beginning my journey in about 3 weeks. I am nervous and excited at the same time. It is nice to see others photos like your and how much progress can happen in less than a year. My sentence will be 24-30 months. Well, I wish you the best of luck as you continue your journey.
Thank you :) ! I'm excited for you as well. I had the same feelings your are having now. Excited and nervous at the same time.

I would just say, eat before or right after you get your braces because as the day progresses, you will be in a little bit of pain lol. Also, take pictures! Even if you only update once a month or every other month. It really helps to see your progression.

Happy Smiling and I can't wait to see your journey! :D :jump: :HugeGrin:
Thanks! I cant wait to begin and start putting pictures up!! I am counting the days.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

CleoAZ

#38 Post by CleoAZ »

OK - so I was reading your story (along with so many others) and I had to google "frenectomy" (so many new terms that I am not familiar with). I was surprised to find out that I had one of these done as a kid. I didn't realize it had an official name :oops: I was only about 8 when I had it done, and don't really recall much except that the stitches itched something fierce. Glad your gap was able to close without it!

SiNsation

#39 Post by SiNsation »

AM21 wrote:
SiNsation wrote:

Lol, she may not be able to please you right now, while your teeth are still shifting but when the braces come off, I'm sure you'll be very pleased then. :)

No, I didn't cry either but I couldn't stop staring at my teeth.. I guess I kept checking to make sure it was really real and I wasn't dreaming. lol I was just really excited. I'm loving the progress that has been made so far.. My teeth look SO much better, I still have a while to go but I know the end result will be fantastic!

I'm going to start calling you my fellow bracetwin :D Lol.

I went to look at your blog, and I was having the same thoughts as you. How will my teeth look at the 1 year mark? I'm a bit anxious to know.

My wire at the top is also starting to poke my cheek, so I'm guessing that means I have some movement? But my teeth looks the same to me *shrugs

But yes I agree with you. Our teeth has made ALOT of progress and when we are debraced, I'm pretty sure we will both share some tears of joy. :wink: HAPPY SMILING!

SiNsation

#40 Post by SiNsation »

kellyb wrote:wow, your teeth are looking great. i hope mine move as fast as yours :-*
Thankyou! I felt that my progress was kinda slow, so I'm sure yours will go very fast. :)

AM21

#41 Post by AM21 »

I went to look at your blog, and I was having the same thoughts as you. How will my teeth look at the 1 year mark? I'm a bit anxious to know.

My wire at the top is also starting to poke my cheek, so I'm guessing that means I have some movement? But my teeth looks the same to me *shrugs

But yes I agree with you. Our teeth has made ALOT of progress and when we are debraced, I'm pretty sure we will both share some tears of joy. :wink: HAPPY SMILING!
Lol! That has a nice ring to it. :p

Your gaps are probably closing up little by little. If you can get the pokey wire clipped, it's a good idea...

Having a shredded mouth does not feel good. Especially when you're talking and the wire buries itself in your cheek and gets stuck.. :shock:

Well, I'm sure you'll be shedding tears of joy first, your sentence is a lot shorter than mine. Lucky! :D What do you think will be the first thing you eat when your braces come off?

SiNsation

#42 Post by SiNsation »

AM21 wrote:

Lol! That has a nice ring to it. :p

Your gaps are probably closing up little by little. If you can get the pokey wire clipped, it's a good idea...

Having a shredded mouth does not feel good. Especially when you're talking and the wire buries itself in your cheek and gets stuck.. :shock:

Well, I'm sure you'll be shedding tears of joy first, your sentence is a lot shorter than mine. Lucky! :D What do you think will be the first thing you eat when your braces come off?
Well, I've actually been a little naughty. I eat basically anything I want lol. I know, it's not good. But I do not chew gum, eat apples, or carrots. So maybe i'll bite into an apple & a carrot and chew a big pack of gum! :D :HugeGrin: What do you plan on eating?

SiNsation

#43 Post by SiNsation »

Update, Kind of

I went to the ortho about 2 weeks ago. I don't have to wear my rubber bands anymore. She also looked at me teeth and made a comment that I may be getting my braces off sooner than expected because I have to get Veneers on four of my top teeth. She put some silver things (maybe I should start asking for the correct terms lol) on both my top teeth and bottom teeth that were SOO painful. I woke up in the middle of the night and almost cried! :cry:

I go back to her in about 2 weeks. I really feel that my teeth are at a standstill. I haven't seen anything dramatic happening to my teeth. There are very small gaps in the back of my mouth that need to be closed, and I believe the large gaps I have on the sides of my mouth, won't be closed with braces, that's where i'm getting the veneers. So for my next visit i'm going to ask her what more we have to work on. Maybe i'll have my braces off for Halloween. :HugeGrin: Wishful thinking lol...

Anyhow, I have two pictures attached; one of myself from about a month ago. I really like this picture, because it's the first time I've smiled since I was a little girl and actually like what I see. I also didn't mind showing it to the people I was close to without feeling ashamed or embarrassed. So this picture is kind of a milestone i've experienced during my brace journey. :) The other picture is a random photo on the internet I found. I love the shape of her teeth. I wouldn't mind my teeth resembling hers when I get my braces off. Well, HAPPY SMILING EVERYONE :crazy: :jokerlaugh:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GillyWeed

#44 Post by GillyWeed »

Lookin' good, SINsation :thumbsup: your teeth look wonderful. You have beautiful teeth and should be soo proud of them.
And side note, your braces actually look like jewellery on your teeth. Soo pretty lol.
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

AM21

#45 Post by AM21 »

SiNsation wrote:Update, Kind of

I went to the ortho about 2 weeks ago. I don't have to wear my rubber bands anymore. She also looked at me teeth and made a comment that I may be getting my braces off sooner than expected because I have to get Veneers on four of my top teeth. She put some silver things (maybe I should start asking for the correct terms lol) on both my top teeth and bottom teeth that were SOO painful. I woke up in the middle of the night and almost cried! :cry:

I go back to her in about 2 weeks. I really feel that my teeth are at a standstill. I haven't seen anything dramatic happening to my teeth. There are very small gaps in the back of my mouth that need to be closed, and I believe the large gaps I have on the sides of my mouth, won't be closed with braces, that's where i'm getting the veneers. So for my next visit i'm going to ask her what more we have to work on. Maybe i'll have my braces off for Halloween. :HugeGrin: Wishful thinking lol...

Anyhow, I have two pictures attached; one of myself from about a month ago. I really like this picture, because it's the first time I've smiled since I was a little girl and actually like what I see. I also didn't mind showing it to the people I was close to without feeling ashamed or embarrassed. So this picture is kind of a milestone i've experienced during my brace journey. :) The other picture is a random photo on the internet I found. I love the shape of her teeth. I wouldn't mind my teeth resembling hers when I get my braces off. Well, HAPPY SMILING EVERYONE :crazy: :jokerlaugh:
Hi Sin! :-1

Sorry that you were in pain :(, hopefully it didn't last for very long. No rubberbands? That's awesome!!

That'll be so cool if you get your braces off sooner than you expected! :D That's so neat!! :jump: :jump:

Your teeth are looking great and you're prettyful! :)

Keep on Smiling