47 and getting rebraced

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

Re: 47 and getting rebraced

#91 Post by klobird »

Hey Kipster!!

Your teeth look pretty darn good!!--So, they look like they're ready to come off--what's the word?

Tobilei

#92 Post by Tobilei »

Kipepeo wrote:Thank you, Tobilei.

It's not a power chain. It's wire lacing. It's used to hold teeth from separating, forming gaps. I have it everywhere, except between just 2 lower bicuspids, because there's a mini power chain in between them. It's not needed anymore, but my doc doesn't want to remove the wire just to change out the chain for more lacing. My lowers haven't been touched in 2months, except for anchoring elastics.
Oh poop, I thought I'd found my answer :cry: Thanks though :)

Kipepeo

#93 Post by Kipepeo »

Klo, we haven't talked about that word! I knew there was still work to be done, and I knew I'd have to come back again in 4 weeks, and have possibly more tweaks. I'm still a couple months out, counting all the 'waiting' weeks.

iBorg

#94 Post by iBorg »

Your teeth definitely look closer to being done than just beginning. My guesses are by fall you'll being eating corn ON the cob.

Seriously don't be in a hurry. Take your time. Be sure you're happy before they're popped off.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

NICURN85

#95 Post by NICURN85 »

Kip!!
Your teeth are looking amazing these days. I know you must be happy at the progress!!!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

oldfart

#96 Post by oldfart »

Those look like the teeth of a 20 yr old. Awesome job keeping them clean.

Can I have Orthodontia envy?

of
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

Kipepeo

#97 Post by Kipepeo »

Thanks OF. I still act that age....!!!!

Kipepeo

#98 Post by Kipepeo »

Been a while since I posted anything here. Had another appt today. This very well could be my last wire adjustment. You can see from today's image that my lacing is gone, upper only (sorry Jem). Even the ortho said he'd give me a break from that! Also, my upper wire is not straight. It never will be. If it was then I'd have an even gummier smile than I already do. And for some reason, I smile all crooked. I don't lift my cheek and lip up on the right much when I just smile naturally. And the gummier side is the left which does raise up higher. So I got a double whammy. In this photo I'm trying really hard to smile evenly. Impossible!!

iBorg

#99 Post by iBorg »

I think you have a lovely smile. Your teeth look great. They're straight and they look young. Not 47 or 48.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

jem

#100 Post by jem »

Hi Kip,

Your teeth look perfect. Did you not get a debracing date?

Jem
Sectional brace with Damon clear brackets fitted to front 6 upper teeth 3 January 2012
Brackets added to premolars 2 April 2012
Estimated treatment time originally 6-9 months
. Brace removed on 22 July 2013 after 18 months and 19 days
Now enjoying bonded upper retainer plus part time essix/hawley( I have both)

Click here for my story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42194

Kipepeo

#101 Post by Kipepeo »

Thank you both!
No date set yet. I first have to tell him *I* think they're ready.

klobird

#102 Post by klobird »

Looking back, I was kind of glad that my ortho decided when I was ready to be debraced. I just couldn't see it. Also, he said that my roots were perfectly lined up--I guess that matters (hehe).
But if you don't feel ready, then keep them on until you do--it's too much $$$ to put to waste. Your teeth do look great though!

djspeece

#103 Post by djspeece »

Kipepeo, What a beautiful smile, and what a journey it has been for you. I really enjoyed reading your story. It looks as though you are down to the wire (pun intended) with debracing within reach. Well done!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

catgyrl

#104 Post by catgyrl »

Hey Kip!

I agree with everyone - your smile is just beautiful! I know you are a perfectionist, though, and have to wait until YOU are ready to have them removed. I would kill to have your teeth right about now, but I'm still happy with what I have. :D