OK--This was not the plan!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

klobird

Re: OK--This was not the plan!

#661 Post by klobird »

Well, I've been waiting for the big transformation, and it hasn't exactly happened....My teeth have moved, that's for sure. But, unless he can pull out some really good tricks, I think I'm probably going to be wearing braces in Hawaii. The thing is, I just want it to be a kind of "free from everything" kind of trip. Any way you look at it though, I feel lucky to be able to go to Hawaii--braces or not!

This morning I was like "YESSS--I would be happy with this result.!" Tonight I'm saying dejectedly---"Not good enough..." Back and forth. They aren't coming off until I'm 100% sure...

I'm traveling north to visit my sister this weekend for a family thing. I'm anxious to see what they say--especially my 30yr old niece who just got out of braces a couple months ago.

So, ya, I had a really terrible thing happen at a 7am appt with my "superdentist" yesterday. She told me from the beginning that I need a crown as soon as my braces come off. The metal band is off that tooth, so she was able to evaluate it, and come up with a plan. Anyway, her assistant, who I really like, and who is at least 10 years younger than me, wasn't at my cleaning earlier this year. And she wasn't there yesterday....hmmm...so I asked "superdentist"--
"Hey, where's Jill been?"....and that's when she told me-- "Jill passed away"... :cry: :cry: :cry: ---
I was in shock...I asked what happened. "Superdentist" started crying, then I started crying.. it was so sad...Apparently Jill had some sort of rheumatoid auto immune disorder, and she got really sick, and couldn't fight it off and she died....I am still shocked....I liked her so much. She had been with "superdentist" for 13yrs.. It was easy to tell they were a good team together....I will miss her terribly. She helped me through some really tough stuff, and is part of the reason I have the courage to have braces today... so ya, I'm going to really miss her....she was just a nice and kind person.

Well, hmmm, I'm not sure what to write after telling that, so I'm just going to say bye for now....

iBorg

#662 Post by iBorg »

Words fail me.....

All I can remember is John Lennon's quote, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

Nothing else I've tried to say really makes sense.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Tobilei

#663 Post by Tobilei »

Oh I'm sorry Klobird :( Terrible news.

debinator

#664 Post by debinator »

Sorry for the bad news Klobird :(
50 year old kid at heart

My story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=44406

Debraced 2/25/14 WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Kipepeo

#665 Post by Kipepeo »

Klo, I'm so sorry about Jill.

And I also feel for you with your debanding/Hawaii woes. I do admire your commitment to complete satisfaction.

I've actually given up on thinking I'm going to be done anytime soon. I'm not even at the point of me thinking they're ready, so there's no way my ortho can!

klobird

#666 Post by klobird »

OK, so tomorrow (Monday) at 1:30pm I go to the ortho to see what magic he might have in store for me...if any....

I am very anxious to see what he says--all I know is that today I would not get them off. If I don't get them off next Monday, then I want to see if I can negotiate the elastics. Like only at night instead of 24/7. Elastics...2yrs of them....yecchhhh! :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

I broke a power chain last night, and caused an elastics hook to get loose. Maybe it was the walnuts in the cake I was eating.... :gavel: One week to go and I finally broke something...well, naughty, naughty me! I thought about having popcorn with cheese melted on it for a treat tonight....think I will wait until AFTER I see the ortho tomorrow!

Soooooo.....it's April 14th...and we just had about 1/2 inch of snow!! :crazy:

I will be blogging tomorrow with the verdict!!!!

iBorg

#667 Post by iBorg »

Remember there is always caramel corn......

A personal favorite.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009

Tobilei

#668 Post by Tobilei »

Good luck for tomorrow!! Fingers crossed for night only elastics :)

starfish88

#669 Post by starfish88 »

For me it already is Monday afternoon so I guess I should know for you! Hee hee! Hope it goes well! Fingers crossed! Sorry to hear about Jill, I'm thinking of you. xxx

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

debinator

#670 Post by debinator »

Good Luck! Fingers crossed. :)
50 year old kid at heart

My story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=44406

Debraced 2/25/14 WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

klobird

#671 Post by klobird »

THE FINAL VERDICT IS........oh wait--something on TV....be right back.....

klobird

#672 Post by klobird »

Ok....they're coming off next Monday....he says I will be surprised at what contouring will do to the look of my teeth. Apparently, my teeth are really different shapes. He says I will be very happy with the final result, and that it will be very symmetrical.

I'm surprised that I'm not beyond elated--I think I'm just so apprehensive about the final result. The ortho is known to be brilliant, and I have trusted him so far. This is just going to be such a weird week. I bet I will look at my teeth at least 100 times a day! He did some tweaking and so I'm waiting to see what that will do.....

This feels sort of anti-climatic. I thought it would be different--not so right down to the last minute. I don't even want to look at my teeth until I'm ready to walk out the front door next Monday. Well, so hmmmmm.....they're not off yet.....we'll see.....more to come!!

Tobilei

#673 Post by Tobilei »

I guess it's one of those things that you look forward to for so long that when you know it's finally going to happen it all feels a bit surreal. I'm excited that you're getting them off :-* I'm sure they'll look every bit as amazing as you hope!!!

klobird

#674 Post by klobird »

Thanks Tob! I just got up--so I gotta go look at my teeth!

iBorg

#675 Post by iBorg »

Congrats!

I will tell you in a way being debraced is anticlimactic until you see them all shiny and bright, straight and metal free.

That is a rush!
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009