OK--This was not the plan!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

starfish88

Re: OK--This was not the plan!

#646 Post by starfish88 »

Can't wait to see before and after pics...you'll post some for us , right? Fantastic news about getting them off, I'll be counting down the days with you!

16 months 1 week and 2 days in braces
12mm overjet and narrow jaws all fixed with braces and elastics.
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42441

klobird

#647 Post by klobird »

Hey Star--9 months!! :-*

I am in contact with Kip about getting my ortho website pics up for all to see--yikes! And I do mean :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: My teeth were horridly bucky beaver in the beginning...and they are 57 year old teeth--so.....oh well....

I have one tooth that is not straight up and down...it's really bugging me--so I am really going to bug the ortho next week if it's still the same...he may not be liking the sight of me when these last 27 days are over! They will be an acceptable form of perfect for me, or they are just plain going to have to stay on longer!! :shock: :huh: :roll:

starfish88

#648 Post by starfish88 »

I know, 9 months today! Are you planning on sticking around here after your braces come off (I hope you do, I can't wait to share my afters too!) and don't worry about posting befores no matter how buckey they were I had 2mm on you, plus they aren't your teeth anymore - your teeth are the perfect afters!

iBorg

#649 Post by iBorg »

I agree with you.....if they're not right to you (and you have to see them everyday and live with them) take an extra month and be sure they're right. Trust me, the month will fly by.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

EbonyQ

#650 Post by EbonyQ »

KLOBIRD!! I´m so happy for you!! really, wow!! You of all people deceivers this, really! You have had a dedication to this that I can only admire.

It makes me really happy to read this and I´m counting the days for you too!! :thumbsup: :jump:

Don´t forget me when you get your off :wink:

[/url]

klobird

#651 Post by klobird »

Eb--I won't forget you!! :heart:

So, here's what happened today....I thought a lateral tooth was tipped and pushing into the front tooth, but wasn't sure. I just went back and forth about whether or not I should bother the ortho, after just having an adjustment last week. I've got 3 weeks to go, and I want my teeth right......What to do, what to do.....

So, I called the ortho and they got me in this morning. I thought he would look at it and say that it would be fine by the time I get my braces off. Reassurance--that's all I wanted....

Well, hmmmm.....ok, so let's see... I had IPR with an IPR strip, he took some kind of tool and buzzed off some of the back of my tooth, he put new bends in the archwire, and now I have a box elastics configuration...well, I guess I'm assured now!... :roll:

I hope the lateral gets straight now--or else, like Kip told me--by the time he gets done, I might just be left with straight nubs!! :yikes: :shock: :crazy:

starfish88

#652 Post by starfish88 »

Only a few more weeks and then you'll be out of braces - no more IPR for ever! Hope that it solved the problem though and they all fall into line now!

Tobilei

#653 Post by Tobilei »

Goodness me, sounds like they broke out the big guns! Good luck with those teeth behaving themselves and getting into place!

klobird

#654 Post by klobird »

OWIEEEEE!!!!!!!

OMG!!!

My tooth hurts clear up to my eyeball!! Someone give me a horse tranquilizer!! Today I have a project at work that I have been dreading. The kind of thing that's like-"as soon as I get thru this, then I can start thinking about Hawaii and braces off for real"---and I have a mega flipping migraine to boot! (I'm sure caused by the tooth....). I'm surrounded by doctors but not a patient in this clinic, so it's really hard to just stick myself on their schedule. Maybe I should run down to the ER and stick my butt cheek out and say, "Put anything in it!! Just get rid of this pain!!"

I KNOW!! Maybe I can just go to work drunk!!.... :BigGrin:

I'm not so sure these effers are coming off in 20 days.....

Kipepeo

#655 Post by Kipepeo »

Omg Klo....ibuprofen, ibuprofen, ibuprofen. A lot can happen, or settle, in 3 weeks minus 1 day.

iBorg

#656 Post by iBorg »

Klo:
Do you need to tell the ortho to postpone debanding and slow down?

I'm not sure getting rid of your braces before your trip is worth the pain you're going thru.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Angel269

#657 Post by Angel269 »

Hi Klo

Can't wait to see your debraced pics soon :-)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13

Tobilei

#658 Post by Tobilei »

Oh noes! I know that pain well!!!! Feels like it's going to send you insane (I think it does send me insane sometimes!!).

I'm sorry it's hurting so bad :( I hope it settles down for you a.s.a.p!!!

klobird

#659 Post by klobird »

Thanks you all--Angel--yes, I have been offered help in getting my ortho site before pics, and debraced pics--you will be shocked!

Mike--I'm really beginning to think postponing might be in my future. I do not like the way my teeth look right now--at all...

I appreciate all of your comments--Kip, Tob, Mike, Star, Angel, AM21, and Eb---they mean a lot to me!

BracedSurgeryStudent

#660 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

That's not good Klo. I've had the same thing happen to me like yesterday for instance, I went last week and she's yanking down my front left tooth to sand the chip on the bottom. Luckily I had my kidney disease pain meds handy they worked like a charm I was floating on cloud 9 haha. My braces are coming off May 16th.
Jenn Medeiros