OK--This was not the plan!

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

VancouverJude

Re: OK--This was not the plan!

#391 Post by VancouverJude »

That's great news K-bird.

Honestly, you should lay down the law, and have the Ortho continue to do these adjustments in the future. As you know it isn't terribly time consuming. Let the office know ahead of time if need be.

I'm going for my next 6 week adjustment tomorrow. Might be the biggie where I'm told the Forsus is coming off.

I really have mixed feelings. My right-side bite is, I'd guesstimate 1/4 inch off. This is, as I understand, all part of the process. The teeth are nowhere near touching. I am extremely sick and tired of chewing on the left side of my mouth. Apparently this is all part of the process and soon (tomorrow? next month?) the elastics portion will start that will yank the teeth upwards on the right side.

One day I'm calm, cool and collected and know my treatment is on track and the next day I'm like YIKES what the hell is going on? Then I look at a "before" picture of my teeth and I go, "Oh yeah okay we've come a looooong way." and I feel a bit better.

I'm just at 1.5 years so far so we're pretty much on schedule for 2.5 years. Ugh, I mean Yay. We really have to put so much trust in what is being done to us.

Beauty is Pain

#392 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Hi Klobird! Haven't been on here in ages. Good to hear your are still enduring, the forsus which does sound very painful. We are nearly hitting the 12 months mark - can you believe it?! Time has flown by sooo fast. I think a one-year braces celebration is in order! :D Never know how long the ortho decides to keep us in these torture instruments, hehe.

klobird

#393 Post by klobird »

BIP!!!! I can't believe it!! Wow, I know, can you believe it?!!! One year--party down!!

I think you are a day or two ahead of me, but ya, I will be decorating my blog big time!! The year has FLOWN by!!!

I'm so glad you came back to post something!!

klobird

#394 Post by klobird »

Thanks Jill and Iborg!!

You're right Borg--and the assistant sort of reminded me that I need to come in--especially if I've lost 8 pounds from not being able to eat...(well, that side effect can be looked at a couple of different ways....hmmmm... :-* )!

I am very glad that the ortho took a look and told the assistant what needed to be done because it was exactly right. The assistant said that yes, there is a problem with the Forsus. And that a lot of people have trouble with the pinching. That's when I told her that I e-mailed 3M. I think she was surprised.

Bottom line--ya, I have paid for help, and if I need to have the ortho look at the problems, well, that's what he's paid to do. I'm definitely not going to hold out like this again!! I just didn't want to be that patient that they roll their eyes about when I walk in the door...

Hey Jude--I did not realize that we would be getting our braces off at the same time!! (I hope!)
But I guess that's what the Forsus is all about--getting these braces off...Please let me know if you get your Forsus out--and if it feels much different being gone...

Well, I had steak and veggies tonight, and it's all good! :HugeGrin:

Beauty is Pain

#395 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Haha! My first thought was a cake decorated with braces! That would be slightly weird! :P But if I get my braces off on my birthday, I am demanding that cake! :P Just shows how much crazier braces have made me...All good fun though! :twisted:

klobird

#396 Post by klobird »

When is your birthday BIP???

That's a cool thought---if I'm anywhere near getting my braces off next March, to ask for my braces off on my birthday. (My 2 year mark being late April next year...) I don't hear of too many who actually get their's off early though--usually a little past 2 years...hmmmm...

The way I love to celebrate my birthday---well, I would have to do something really big if it was my debanding day too!!!

iBorg

#397 Post by iBorg »

I was disappointed that my debanding was on March 31 and not one day later on April 1. Seemed fitting but......
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

klobird

#398 Post by klobird »

Ha Ha Borg--April Fool's Day--you show up, and they say the joke's on you--that you're not really getting your braces off!! :yikes: :lol:

iBorg

#399 Post by iBorg »

Trust me.....I didn't tell my kids. My son wouldn't have believed it anyway. It was amazing. Sit down. Click, click, pop 2,3,4 and they were off. So quick I didn't get a chance to ask if I could keep them. Don't know what I'd done with them but I would have brought them home. I'm quite happy with the results and proud I stuck it out.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

julieh

#400 Post by julieh »

hi you. i am reaching out because you are so active here and i need a friend. i thought that i needed a retainer replacement until monday when i heard that i have some bigger issues. braces? really? not a candidate for invisalign. new words....fixed bite plate and forsus. part of the proposed treatment plan. i looked them up online, and i want to cry.

klobird

#401 Post by klobird »

Hey Borg--I absolutely cannot wait for that day!! I have seen the videos where they pop right off and the others where they seem harder to get off. I asked my ortho and mine are the pop right off kind--yippppeeeee. In a couple days, I will be on the other side of the mountain coming down!! (One year up, one year down!) :crazy: :D

Beauty is Pain

#402 Post by Beauty is Pain »

Hey klobird! Nearly 12 months!!!! hehe 11 months 4 weeks and 1 day!!!!!!! hahaha excitment!!! My birthday is 30th March :) Which is nearly a month before my actual bracing day (27th April), hopely it can come off earlier! :crazy:

klobird

#403 Post by klobird »

ONE YEAR!!!!!!! I MADE IT!!!!!!

+\+ +\+ :-* :-* :singing: :singing: :-)o :-)o :-88 :-88 :rawk: :rawk: :crazy: :BigGrin: :jump: :jump: :jump: :dance: :dance: :crazy: :HugeGrin: :HugeGrin: :lol: :lol: :flowerbloom: :-* :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :jump: :jump: :jump: +\+ +\+ +\+ :tingrin: :tingrin:

I've climbed up the mountain--now I'm on my way down!!

YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!

EbonyQ

#404 Post by EbonyQ »

ONE YEAR!!!!!!!! :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :jump: :dance: :flowerbloom:

WOW! Is it one year already?!

[/url]

lau

#405 Post by lau »

Congrats!!! Now you are an official 'senior' braceface.
We salute you Klo! :-** :-** :-** :-** :-**
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix