Renee's Story 29/F Southern Gal with Braces =)

If you want to share the detailed saga of your braces story, this is the place to do it. You can use this forum as a braces journal, editing and updating your posts as your treatment goes on. Remember to also visit the main ArchWired.com site for additional stories from other readers!

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rwashington007

Renee's Story 29/F Southern Gal with Braces =)

#1 Post by rwashington007 »

Sooo I decided to create a new topic thread since my extremely large pictures I posted in my other topic thread cannot be deleted sooooo i will just use this one to update my progress and ensure I post better (smaller) pics in the future :mrgreen:

So i am going to add my previous discussion to this thread so everything is all in one.

MY POST FROM Feb 3rd (day after I was braced)

FEB 3RD Message
Hello everyone,

I have been waiting a LONNNNGGG time to get braces, I have wanted them since middle school...lol...I planned to get braces last year around April...but I didn't realize how much dental work I had to get done first...a few crowns/feelings later I FINALLY got my braces on yesterday.

I read through these message boards since last year so I mentally prepared myself to be in pain. I'm kind of just waiting for it to hit me...lol..but it hasn't yet...but then again this is only day two. I did try to chew a piece of gum (sugar free) yesterday just to test out my sensitivity....ANNNDD of course I was not able too..lol...So I've been eating soft foods (i.e. fish, mashed potatoes, grits...etc)

So as of right now the only thing I have to report is a bit of discomfort. My lips are not sore yet from any brackets so I haven't had to use any wax just yet...but I'm prepared for that to happen also. And my lips were already big so If they got any bigger since the braces I wouldn't know...lol

My co-workers like my braces on me...they all say that its not even that noticable...which is a good thing...

rwashington007

Re: Renee's Story 29/F Southern Gal with Braces =)

#2 Post by rwashington007 »

Feb6th

Thanks yall =)

So I have a feeling I am one of those LUCKY people :jump: who get braces and have NO PAIN!!! I know I have only had them in for four days but they really do not hurt...lol...Yesterday I went out and ate pizza with some friends and they all had braces when they were younger so they were shocked that I was pain free.

I'm guessing the adjustment might be a different story and I might be on here venting and about to pull my hair out...but for now I will enjoy my pain free life *flips hair and struts out of room*
:dance:

rwashington007

#3 Post by rwashington007 »

02/15
So I feel like I do not have much to report so far. I never had any pain and I never had any sores from the braces so I don't even use the dental wax....of course I'm not complaining...it's a blessing...lol

I do feel like everyone who has braces should have the freshest breath in the world...because we have to brush our teeth ALLLL the time....lol...Hmm well I guess I do have a few stories to tell. We had an event at work and of course we had someone capturing pictures at the event. I hadn't seen my braces on a camera except a few i posted myself so I wasn't really smiling that much in the picture cause I didn't know how it would look. Turns out...I should have smiled....I only had one picture of me smiling and that happened to be the best one...smh....dah well...I know for future reference to just smile for the camera.

I also met a guy this past weekend...again I hadn't met anyone with them in so I was wondering what he was thinking...but he did tell me the braces look sexy on me so i was excited to hear that. I love that they are not huge and they don't stand out like the old school braces used to.

Ok thats my mini soap box for the week. I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day :heart:

rwashington007

#4 Post by rwashington007 »

oK Now I'm up to the current date with my post

So I noticed my open bite has closed quite a bit. My gap between my front two teeth are almost closed and the gaps on my lower teeth are closing as well and its only been a Month :BigGrin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rwashington007

#5 Post by rwashington007 »

Soooo my first adjustment is on Monday...I'm excited in the hopes of seeing more movement :-*

Originally before I got braces I was pretty certain that i was going to stick with traditional colors....clear on the top and silver on the bottom....I was like...."I'm not going to get no crazy colors"

But NOW :lol: I'm think.... WHY NOT....Sooooooo I think I am going to get purple brackets....I couldn't decide if I wanted to get all purple....or purple on the top and silver on the bottom .... :idea:

Hopefully I will decide something by Monday

lilone

#6 Post by lilone »

oops...misunderstood and thought you didn't have your brackets yet. Redundant post.

rwashington007

#7 Post by rwashington007 »

Not great pics of my teeth....will post better ones later. But if you can tell there is a bit of progress =) :dance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rwashington007

#8 Post by rwashington007 »

I don't know why I was originally worried how I would be perceived with braces. I have gotten soooo many compliments on my smile withing the past 3 weeks. And these are strangers complimenting too "Wow you have such a beautiful smile" a person with braces LOVVVVVES to hear that...lol

I haven't really had much to report thus far. I never had any pain. I never had to use any wax cause I never got any sores. After my first adjustment I didn't really have any pain. So everything that I mentally prepared myself for did not happen....lol I mean i'm not complaining.....it's just a little funny to me =)

I did change the bands on my teeth from silver to purple. The top of my teeth have a light purple color and the bottom have a dark purple color. i think next week Im am going to go with pink. :mrgreen:

My next appt my ortho says im supposed to get a thicker chain and we are going to work on closing my spaces....so til next time folks :gavel:

klobird

#9 Post by klobird »

Wow, that's a lot of progress in a short time--your teeth look really good!! And so does your smile!

Ya, it's weird--I never had pain with spacers--none at all. And my only problem now is the hooks for the elastics, and after a month now, the elastics are just now starting to irritate my cheeks. So, I have had to use wax on the hooks. Other than that, I have had no pain with braces at all. I guess we are the lucky ones!

rwashington007

#10 Post by rwashington007 »

As you can see my open bite has closed more :-*

And I don't have a side picture but my over bite has gotten a lot better and the spaces on the sides of my top teeth closed more as well. Thats why my smile looks a lot better from the side now....I'm excited :crazy:

rwashington007

#11 Post by rwashington007 »

:jump: Well I don't mind us being in the lucky bunch...lol... At some point in think I have to have elastics. That will probably take some getting used to...not sure how that would look on me either....but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough...lol

klobird wrote:Wow, that's a lot of progress in a short time--your teeth look really good!! And so does your smile!

Ya, it's weird--I never had pain with spacers--none at all. And my only problem now is the hooks for the elastics, and after a month now, the elastics are just now starting to irritate my cheeks. So, I have had to use wax on the hooks. Other than that, I have had no pain with braces at all. I guess we are the lucky ones!

kmluvgod

#12 Post by kmluvgod »

Hey Renee your teeth is looking good girl!!!!! Wow I wish I was as fortunate as you are with not having any problems with you braces. So far the hooks have been catching my lips and scrathching the inside of my gums Im actually starting to get lil sores :cry: Im definately putting the wax to use. So you mean to tell me you were able to eat as well? When I would bite down my teeth felt so sensitive. Im not complaining b/c this is a child hood dream for me.

rwashington007

#13 Post by rwashington007 »

Thank you :BigGrin:

I had some sensitivity for like a week. I couldn't bite into a sandwich or potato chips or anything like that....might have even been two weeks.

Sorry for your pains you are going through :(

But I agree this has been a child hood dream of mine to....so even if I did have pain I wouldn't mind it because I know what I would be working towards =) But trust me I dealt with plenty of pain going to the dentist and getting a couple of Root Canals :cry:

lol....so I paid my dues =)
kmluvgod wrote:Hey Renee your teeth is looking good girl!!!!! Wow I wish I was as fortunate as you are with not having any problems with you braces. So far the hooks have been catching my lips and scrathching the inside of my gums Im actually starting to get lil sores :cry: Im definately putting the wax to use. So you mean to tell me you were able to eat as well? When I would bite down my teeth felt so sensitive. Im not complaining b/c this is a child hood dream for me.

kmluvgod

#14 Post by kmluvgod »

So does root canals hurt? I may have to get one. :x

rwashington007

#15 Post by rwashington007 »

kmluvgod wrote:So does root canals hurt? I may have to get one. :x
Two of mine hurt because I also had an infection in the area.....so that made it really really painful :-+

But the other one's I had to get didn't really hurt that much...I only had to take motrin here and there....